5 The Fresh Market Anonymous Employee Reviews

Browse The Fresh Market Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 5 Anonymous Employee Review Ratings)
in Greensboro, NC

"Overall a decent place to work. The pay is competitive and the stores are beautiful. Fast paced and ever changing environment. Upper management slightly removed from the day to day operations."

in Normal, IL

"I've worked for TFM since 2012, right before the company went public. I really loved it when I started, but the last two years have been hellish. There have been SO many changes on the corporate side of things, and that's making it incredibly hard for store hourly employees to do their jobs. There is no actual support from your regional management, and your store management team is underdeveloped and incapable of fixing anything, as regional management won't listen to anything they say. It took us A YEAR AND A HALF to get a deli scale replaced. Corporate isn't willing to spend the money to fix the huge problems in stores or give us the hours to properly train people. Employees who have been there for a few years are relied on to run the store and not paid a manager's wage to do so. We're incredibly understaffed but we're not allowed a single minute of overtime. The pay is pretty decent, but I quit and took a pay cut somewhere else solely to get out of the store I worked at. The company is going downhill and FAST. I wouldn't recommend working here at all full time. You might be okay as a part timer who works a couple of days a week, but avoid department head positions at all cost. It's not worth the stress."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Tulsa, OK

"Funny how I read that part timers are getting 38 hours. At my store, it is the opposite. You are lucky to get 38 hours. A lot of nights the store is dead. We are short staffed all the time. Favorites get good shifts and a lot of hours. Meeeh, it's a job. Nothing more."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Fox Point, WI

"No training from department heads, but expectations run high. Minimal pay, no insurance or vacation even though part timers work 35-43 hour weeks, and paychecks are short a few hours too often. Management promises a lot at hiring, and they don't deliver on their promises. Store management changes every 2-3 months, and the employees leave as soon as they can. Not a good place to work if you expect a living wage."

Average The Fresh Market Attributes by Anonymous Employee

2.6
4.6
in Germantown, TN

"I've worked at The Fresh Market for several years and have very little negative to say. The customers are great, the employees are fun, and the managers are mostly wonderful. I do, however, wish we had more capable technology at the ground level to assist us in everyday tasks."