2.7
(based on 11 The Fresh Market Review Ratings)
2.1
2.1
2.4
2.3
in Normal, IL

"I've worked for TFM since 2012, right before the company went public. I really loved it when I started, but the last two years have been hellish. There have been SO many changes on the corporate side of things, and that's making it incredibly hard for store hourly employees to do their jobs. There is no actual support from your regional management, and your store management team is underdeveloped and incapable of fixing anything, as regional management won't listen to anything they say. It took us A YEAR AND A HALF to get a deli scale replaced. Corporate isn't willing to spend the money to fix the huge problems in stores or give us the hours to properly train people. Employees who have been there for a few years are relied on to run the store and not paid a manager's wage to do so. We're incredibly understaffed but we're not allowed a single minute of overtime. The pay is pretty decent, but I quit and took a pay cut somewhere else solely to get out of the store I worked at. The company is going downhill and FAST. I wouldn't recommend working here at all full time. You might be okay as a part timer who works a couple of days a week, but avoid department head positions at all cost. It's not worth the stress."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Department Manager
in Memphis, TN

"This company is really going to have to reassess its business strategy if they want to compete with Whole Foods and others. Right now it is a vicious cycle of not enough hours being allotted to actually run the store the way it needs to be run and not enough sales to get the hours raised."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

2.7
The Fresh Market (13)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is Barrister (30)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is The Fresh Market (13)
Cashier
in Mandeville, LA

"I'm a pretty optimistic guy and I am always looking to the bright side of things. I'm a team player and am always looking to help others out. So when I say I really didn't have any problems with the Fresh Market, I really didn't. I'm always on my toes for when my supervisor gives me an assignment. I always follow through with everything I am told to do. I'm very energetic and friendly to others. I'm always looking to put smiles on peoples' faces, so I must say the Fresh Market was a great place."

in Tulsa, OK

"Funny how I read that part timers are getting 38 hours. At my store, it is the opposite. You are lucky to get 38 hours. A lot of nights the store is dead. We are short staffed all the time. Favorites get good shifts and a lot of hours. Meeeh, it's a job. Nothing more."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Average The Fresh Market Ratings in the Past 2 Years

2011 $2
2012 $2
in Fox Point, WI

"No training from department heads, but expectations run high. Minimal pay, no insurance or vacation even though part timers work 35-43 hour weeks, and paychecks are short a few hours too often. Management promises a lot at hiring, and they don't deliver on their promises. Store management changes every 2-3 months, and the employees leave as soon as they can. Not a good place to work if you expect a living wage."

in Germantown, TN

"I've worked at The Fresh Market for several years and have very little negative to say. The customers are great, the employees are fun, and the managers are mostly wonderful. I do, however, wish we had more capable technology at the ground level to assist us in everyday tasks."

Deli Clerk
in Montvale, NJ

What do you like about working at The Fresh Market?

"Absolutely nothing, I dread waking up in the morning knowing I have to go into work that day."

"Run to the nearest exit! You will regret ever filling out an application!"

What don't you like about working at The Fresh Market?

"The managers put unreasonable workloads on employees and never thank them for working hard. treat us very disrespectfully and never help out"

"Treat the employees with respect, thank them for their hard work. BE A DECENT HUMAN BEING and be easy to get along with"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Meat Cutter
in Marietta, GA

What do you like about working at The Fresh Market?

"Fresh food and I enjoy cutting meat an serving customers."

"Theyre expanding but they are very unorganized with the store they have"

What don't you like about working at The Fresh Market?

"The management sucks and there is lack of integrity in the store"

"I would take care of my employees when it comes to raises and I would respect the so they do the same for me,."

Deli Manager
in Baltimore, MD

"I have enjoyed my time with the fresh maket"

What do you like about working at The Fresh Market?

"I am able to inter act with great people and assist ."

"it is a great place to start to work but not a carrer opporunity"

What don't you like about working at The Fresh Market?

"there is not much room for growth and advancement nor in pay growth ."

"make it a more enjoyable place to work inter act withyour employees."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Way You Work 2.7 / 5
Assistant Store Manager
in Destin, FL

What do you like about working at The Fresh Market?

"Ended up being very little. When you have 10 management personal, 6 full time and 10 part time quit in a 2 months span, something is wrong."

"DO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! yOU END UP QUITING OR LOSING YOUR JOB BECAUSE YOU HAVE EXPOSED THE WEAKNESS OF THOSE ABOVE YOU IN POSITION FROM STORE MANAGER ON UP INTO THE EXCUTIVE BRANCH."

What don't you like about working at The Fresh Market?

"They don't care about their employees, there are those in Middle excutive management who cover up there wrong doings and put the blame on those below them. This company does not follow their policies."

"First they should talk to those who have left the company and those doing the interview ought to be corporate personal. Unless the problem goes clear up the ladder to the top.DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE THE ARE WAY BELOW WIGMANS ON HOW THEY TREAT THEIR PEOPLE."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Assistant Front End Manager

"This was perfect for me except the compensation."

Produce Department Manager
in Altamonte Springs, FL

"it is very unique."

What do you like about working at The Fresh Market?

"pleasant work environment and friendly customers"

What don't you like about working at The Fresh Market?

"working overnights at times"