7 First Option Mortgage and Lending Reviews

Browse First Option Mortgage and Lending Reviews by Job Title →
2.4
(based on 3 First Option Mortgage and Lending Review Ratings)
2.0
1.7
2.2
Senior Mortgage Officer

"They MICRO-MANAGE you to where you can't go to the bathroom without their following up with you. It is like selling cars and where there force you to get the customer in the office to 'hard' sell them Their rates and fees are excessive. They make you work 50 hours a week and don't pay OT.... it is a small time operation that mainly does refinances and won't survive long-term, stay away."

Loan Officer

"This company misinterpreted growth during a boom as success, clueless"

What do you like about working at First Option Mortgage and Lending?

"The pay was decent, but it diminished over time to help corporate increase their bottom line"

"Don't even bother interviewing, they will be out of business by the time 2014 rolls around"

What don't you like about working at First Option Mortgage and Lending?

"All the cost comes back on the loan officer, by the end of all of the work you do, you make barely above minimum wage"

"Replace your executive vice president, he is a glorified loan officer, who has an ignorant way of thinking, with no outside management or sales experience in his career whatsoever. He's amazing at quoting books that are completely irrelevant to try to make himself look intellectual, and uses bullying tactics and calls it leadership. I've never seen someone drop so many F bombs in a professional environment and seemingly just not care what his subordinates think of him."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Senior Loan Officer
Person You Work For 4.9 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 4.9 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.8 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Operations Team Leader

"It is a stable company. The pay is below the average paying mortgage companies. There is no opportunity for growth."

What do you like about working at First Option Mortgage and Lending?

"The environment. It is a team work type of environment."

Average First Option Mortgage and Lending Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $1
Contract Underwriter
in Irving, TX

"Excellent short term employment."

What do you like about working at First Option Mortgage and Lending?

"The freedom to work from home and no distractions."

"Just be aware very aware."

What don't you like about working at First Option Mortgage and Lending?

"The lack of possibilities for advancement."

"Please for your employees well being have more than a 5 year plan I and the rest of us need to have a future beyond 5 years."

Senior Loan Officer
in Scottsdale, AZ

"After the new Branch President came to the Scottsdale branch I worked super long hours with very little pay.They still owe me money on over 28 files."

What do you like about working at First Option Mortgage and Lending?

"The staff I was hired on with were very knowledgeable, I was able to learn alot from them."

"If this is the company you choose to work for , make sure that when you turn in a file, if you want to be paid on it , you must communicate with there Atlanta office so they are aware the loan belongs to you."

What don't you like about working at First Option Mortgage and Lending?

"The turnover of knowledgeable co-workers to be replaced with students with no industry knowledge that I had to train, it was very time consuming."

"To take the time to train staff, and keep top producing employees happy. It costs the company so much money and time to train employee turnover. Or worse, when they didn't train the new staff, the loss of reputation and loans from the lack of knowledge and confidence."

Contract Underwriter
in Irving, TX

"One man's trash is another man's treasure. ( One liner )"

What do you like about working at First Option Mortgage and Lending?

"Freedom from working from home, and the ability to work with auditing without any distractions has gotten me addicted."

"Be prepared for just a little instability and some of that small company worries but other than that the people are great and they want to help you, just be careful not to become stuck in one place that you are so good at that they can't let you move forward because that would no longer be in their best interest. Just some simple unrelated advise."

What don't you like about working at First Option Mortgage and Lending?

"Sometimes lately there has been some changes in management structure and I never say anything bad about a past employer so I will say that I think at my age for my family I would like to get back to this line of work, litterally you job description sounds exactly like what I used to love and was very good at."

"Think more about what you could get if you just asked insteaded of demanded."