8 Family Dollar Anonymous Employee Reviews

Browse Family Dollar Reviews by Job Title →
in Davison, MI

"Don't ever work there if you're possibly pregnant. If they can't run you out with 1-2 days a week shifts, about 4 months in someone will call you in the middle of moving and fire you. In my 15+ years of customer service, only this place left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. This was my first job here in Michigan right after my move here from Arizona. The rest of the co-workers were great and made me feel welcomed."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Clinton, MA

"Store management is vicious. She berates employees in front of customers and is overall rude. The store isn't staffed with anyone motivated by anything except avoiding being ridiculed publicly."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Family Dollar Anonymous Employee

"Horrible place to work. I'm going on my second year here and I've seen nobody get promoted. They fire a lot though and bring in new people for higher positions that need to be filled. No holiday pay for our holidays off. They fire you if you frequently work overtime because they don't want to pay it. No healthcare benefits for part time employees. All employees are considered part time aside from the various managers and people in higher positions. You'll be lucky to even get a bathroom break let alone a 15 minute break. No motivation, employee of the month rewards, recognitions of any kind. They don't care about you, just what you can do for them. They work you harder than they pay you. Worst job I ever had. The pros are you get paid weekly. That's it."

in Menands, NY
in Fort Wayne, IN

"I worked for Family Dollar for nine months. We had the same employees until the last three months of my employment there. They had hired someone with the same experience as me but making more money, then after they let her go my pay was not changed. Then they moved one of our assistant managers. So my hours sky rocketed and I was not mad about that, I had needed the money. Shortly after the third week of amazing hours they hire on someone new and tell them they are guaranteed 40 hours a week. I got 8 hours."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Matthews, NC

"FD has done well to embrace new business practices and tools but need to follow through by improving some dated process and cultural aspects. Overall, a fine place to work."

in Columbia, SC

"While working for Family Dollar I enjoyed the different things that I learned."

in Durham, NC

"this company really need a make over"

What do you like about working at Family Dollar?

"talking to some of the customers"

"working hard with no help and you will be a ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;CASHIER;;;;;;;; THINK ABOUT IT"

What don't you like about working at Family Dollar?

"working with less people,not enough help when needed it. The mang. and asst. should not be ;;;;;;;;CASHIER;;;;;;;"

"have more people working and pay people more money."