• Managed 6-10 simultaneous projects with competing priorities in various execution phases on a wide variety of manufacturing processes in the refining and chemical complex.
• Reviewed project bid documents which includes exchangers drawings, PID’s, Thermal and vibrational analysis, material configuration and scope of work. (OL drawings, Flanges, Tube sheet, Tubes, Nozzles, Channels, Shells and Heads).
• Controlled variations to work scope and estimate total costs including man-hours, labor costs, equipment & material costs, fabrication, construction, direct and indirect expenditures.
• Attended all projects review meetings to present any potential scope changes, ECP, ECR, ETO & ECN.
• Followed up with subcontractors and vendors for completeness of scope of work, schedule, compliance with specifications.
• Coordinated with welding engineers on selecting proper weld procedures to be used in fabrication (WPS, PQR).
• Collaborated with engineering department to design heat exchangers using (CAD, Solid works) and run thermal analysis through HTRI
• Estimated budgetary projects worth $103M and $20M in firm quotes
Poor work environment made it difficult to concentrate on job. Very unprofessional and at times, liberal use of profanity. Supervisor allowed personal relationships with select employees to influence his decisions. In my time there I have witnessed several employees dismissed not based upon performance, but on disagreements with some management/influential staff. Very disheartening!
Always show your employees appreciation for things that they do above and beyond the call of duty. If you do they will be more open to help when needed.