33 Dollar General Anonymous Employee Reviews

Browse Dollar General Reviews by Job Title →
2.4
(based on 31 Anonymous Employee Review Ratings)
in Hattiesburg, MS

"Great store to work at. the customers are very nice and the managers and supervisors are nice. also the only thing I don’t like was they couldn’t keep workers because the pay was low"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Effingham, IL

"Absolute catastrophe! Store open with very few employees. Assistant Manager at breaking point. Manager sick. District Manager absolutely no help at all. Company only sees the bottom line. DO NOT care about employees. Work your butt off for pennies."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Lansing, MI

"Please, someone close down DG. Lincoln freed the slaves."

in Hickory, NC

"Dollar General is a great company to work for"

Average Dollar General Attributes by Anonymous Employee

2.2
2.2
2.6
2.3
2.1
2.5
in Nashville, TN

"It was an average experience. Little room to move unless your apart of the “cool group”. It really did remind me of High school."

Dollar General Anonymous Employee

"Not at all a good company to work for"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Albia, IA

"I was employeed with Dollar General since June of 2018. I loved my job & especially loved all of my customers. My co-workers & I got along great. We managed to survive changing of managers 4 different times. The 2nd & 3rd managers promoted me & all together gave me 4 raises. Things were great. Then an incident occured & I had to report my 4th manager to the DM & Loss prevention. Nothing was done & I was retaliated against by that manager. The manager wrote me up 4 times in less than a week,threatened to demote or fire me, & wrote me up the 5th time about 2wks after the 4 write ups which resulted in my termination. The manager nit picked at me & intentionally got me fired"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Shenandoah, VA

"I have been through 4 district managers. This last one is from clothing retail and has no idea what the daily work load is at dollar general. The store I worked for was consistently 20-30% over sales plan. This continued for the 3 years I was mgr.This store has been #1 in the district of 20 stores and #2 in the region of 190 stores for over a year. The company doesn't back any employee. The DM and Rd continuously harass and intimidate you when they visit. You will never do good enough. I was upset with stress of under staffed and continued increase in business every time they came. There was never a question if they could help you with anything. The last time I blew up at the DM and gave the keys to him.I called after I left and calmed down but he wouldn't answer. The Employee Relations department took one phone interview with me and never interviewed any witnesses before denying my reinstatement. It is all about the comfort of the DM. This DM has fired or had quit, 13 managers in one year. Unfortunately the majority are females and managers that have been with DG many years. I would not recommend working with this company unless you start out as a district manager, regional director or a higher corporate position. Dollar General will never care about their employees at the store level. I read one of these reviews where they said we should have a state wide walk out! Lets make it nation wide. Get those DM's in the store working every day trying to keep up."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Sonora, KY

"I would not recommend anyone apply at any Dollar General. It's not a very nice place to work. You get an unrealistic list of tasks they expect you to accomplish. You're expected to work single-coverage for hours, and you're still expected to get the task done. The Store Managers only care about making themselves look good. Stores are dirty, shelves are usually empty, and there is always product blocking the aisles. The employees get no credit or acknowledgment except when the customers complain--then it's always the employees' fault."

in Erick, OK

"Erick Oklahomas Dollar General is disfunctional and inappropriate . For one ; they don't even open on the store on time , hardly ever . Two ; the employees are lazy and set on there phone. And three ; The manager should be charged willl sexual conduct , he can can't take his eyes or hand of them young girls. I'm so upset about this ,"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5