4.7
(based on 1 Brown-Forman Review Rating)
4.8
4.8
5.0
CFO
in Verona, IL
Person You Work For 4.8 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 3.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.8 / 5
Division Manager

"I enjoyed my 18 years with Brown-Forman!"

Brown-Forman (5)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Coors Brewing (9)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Home City Ice (6)
Field Marketing Manager

"Great rbands, good company"

"good people"

What don't you like about working at Brown-Forman?

"upper management seemed a bit in over their heads"

"continue to promote quality people"

Marketing Manager

"Needs improvement. Low morale is an issue."

What do you like about working at Brown-Forman?

"I used to work for Brown-Forman. I liked most of the co-employees. I found working in the international division a great learning experience."

"A good place to start, but try to improve yourself and move onto other companies."

What don't you like about working at Brown-Forman?

"The corporate politics and pettiness. The politics make it so undeserving people are permitted into management roles in which they are ill-equiped."

"Management loves for its employees to paint a rosy picture. Unfortunately, this does little to improve the corporation;s botttom-line. To be the best, they should improve, significantly, their bottom-up communication."

Market Brand Manager
in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Honest"

What do you like about working at Brown-Forman?

"I loved working from home and the flexibility of the job. They also have an amazing infrastructure with their IT services as well as providing company credit card, expense account, car and PC. They give you all the tools you need to do your job. The people are so nice and meet as a company frequently so you really get to know people from other markets pretty well which is incredible. The corporate culture for the most part is very family oriented and fun."

"Be yourself. You'll either click with the people or you won't. I had a good experience and did really love it until the end so go in with a positive attitude."

What don't you like about working at Brown-Forman?

"What I didn't like were the hours. Sometimes it was difficult working office hours from 8 in the morning, seeing accounts all day and being in bars until 1am. There were events almost every weekend so it was difficult to have a personal social life or make travel or other plans because a last minute meeting or trip or something would always come up. Also, being a big company there are the usual politics that go along with the job together with managing the issues with the distributor could make it difficult sometimes. Even though BF is their #2 supplier, it was difficult to get the appropriate amount of face time with the sales people to get done what we needed. After a while there was a feeling of spinning your wheels because there would be a last minute meeting with 10 brand people coming in to town so you have to find a place for them to stay, eat, play, etc and make sure all our brands are represented, spend a week doing all this, and then the day before find out the meeting was cancelled. This happened on a regular basis and was extremely frustrating."

"Let the people in the field have enough leeway financially and program wise to do what needs to be done. I understand that after I left they continued to restructure our state team and from talking with people who were still on it felt there was too much micromanaging going on."