(based on 31 AIMCO Review Ratings)
Senior Director of Construction

"Project management opportunities."

"Negative corporate culture."

"Less micro-management."

eBusiness Coordinator

"While working at AIMCO was enjoyable, there seemed to be a ceiling for how high an employee could really advance through the company."

What do you like about working at AIMCO?

"The position I was in gave me a lot of flexibility, as I was breaking new ground. As long as I met my goals each month, I was given the opportunity to try new things. In fact, it was encouraged."

What don't you like about working at AIMCO?

"Because the company was so large, it seemed like there were changes through management on a regular basis. The ship changed direction frequently."

"Take better care of their lower level employees, particularly those in the service department. Hire from within for upper level positions. Lessen roll over."

Senior Dual Site Property Manager
in Memphis, TN

"This company sold their two properties and moved out of Memphis."

"Employees."

What don't you like about working at AIMCO?

"The only growth would be outside of Memphis TN."

"Keep up the good work."

Senior Director of Construction and Redevelopment

"A good company that could become a great one again."

What do you like about working at AIMCO?

"The opportunity to put forth your best work."

What don't you like about working at AIMCO?

"The company was top heavy at the executive level. The accounting system and infrastructure needed to be streamlined. The legal department strong, but compliance needed work. Field operation strong, but development needed to be streamlined and accountable for over the top change orders. Asset management group balanced, but needed to be connected and part of the big picture within the company."

"The company has downsized due to the credit and current economy, yet has a strong core of dedicated individuals. Construction services - more training with budgets and understanding capital expenditure. Development - A better sense of planning: know what your wishlist is and what is reality. Development and construction service work as a team to building out a test rooms with a detail scope of material specification, budget details and a project schedule before each project. Once all executive management has signed off on the improvements, the budgets and the various phases of construction.The vice president of construction allows each team to proceed with their project. Meeting with both development and construction services will happen on a weekly basis with two hour agenda to include budget reviews (everyone to know the balance of the project, including change orders and contingency adjustments, everyone must sign off), schedule review (what is realistic, a clear forecasting on time including city issues), if additions are necessary and needed, a separate budget is created. The executive must understand simple economics in Real Estate and plan according."

Product Manager

"Fun place."

What do you like about working at AIMCO?

"It is a very unique and successful privately owned company. The people are creative and motivated. The products are of top quality."

What don't you like about working at AIMCO?

"I do not work there any longer."

"They are quite talented."