171 University of Houston Reviews

Browse University of Houston Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 145 University of Houston Review Ratings)
4.6
4.6
"I have been a graduate student here at the University of Houston. My work has involved teaching recitations to undergraduate students. My experience has been very positive. I have in the process learnt a lot from the fellow research assistants and the professors."
Posted 7 years ago in Houston, TX
Research Assistant

"I've worked for smart material and structure lab in University of Houston since 2013. I learned a lot of things here, and get plenty help from my supervisor and co-worker. I like the work environment and atmosphere here."

University of Houston Employee

"It is a good place to work for staff. Hard one for students."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Instructional Assistant

"I learned a lot of new things while working and faced interesting situations to deal with. I love doing this job."

Teaching Assistant

"I have worked for University of Houston - Clear Lake for 5 months. It's a great experience for me. The work environment and resources it provided was tremendous."

Teaching Assistant

"I worked there as teaching assistant for 1 year. It was good experience, however, monthly payments were below than other same size universities."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Teaching Assistant

"This is a learning community that grooms students for the jobs that come after graduation."

Research Assistant

"It is more of a learning community. I enjoy working here because of the hands on experience and exposure. My supervisor is also a nice person that works professionally and helps me to understand any issue that I am having."

in Tomball, TX

"It was very good. My coworkers were friendly and helping. My professor was a really amazing person."

Assistant Professor

"A good place to start your academic career."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Records Analyst

"The University of Houston is a good place to work."

Person You Work For 2.3 / 5 People You Work With 2.3 / 5 Work Setting 2.3 / 5
Support You Get 2.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.3 / 5
in Holbrook, NY

"Great place to work! Great people to work with. Enjoyed my time there."

Teaching Assistant

"Worthwhile experience which definitely steepened the slope of my learning curve."

What do you like about working at University of Houston?

"The capacity to direct and drive my own research, with enough room for collaboration of ideas from colleagues as well as the boss."

"Highlight technical skill sets to give a good overview of your abilities."

What don't you like about working at University of Houston?

"Our capability to conduct experiments was limited by the resources available."

"Should aim for a bigger lab space to accommodate and improve work environment."

Teaching Assistant

What do you like about working at University of Houston?

"I am really happy and enthusiastic in my job and committed to doing great work. I view my job as an opportunity to prove what I can do and increase what I can do, not as a comfortable niche for the long term. My job allows me to use both my creative and research skills and it contains the challenges I always looked for to keep me on my toes and gave me the independency feeling that was always my ultimate goal because that would be the feeling and that is the job that is tailored to my competencies."

"I have always sought an industry that provides me training and the opportunity to experiment and innovate, and help me know myself, assess my strengths and weaknesses, my true interests, and ethical standards. The technology in this industry is changing so rapidly that I see lots of room for job enhancements for myself regardless of promotions."

What don't you like about working at University of Houston?

"I always do things quickly and feel rush, because, I tend to be very competitive and want to finish my job as first person because if I don't some one else is going to be replaced; therefore, these rush actions sometimes were not good for me, since I forgot to include things that were the main points of actions. And the worst part was I knew they were important but since I wanted to be the first, I forgot them."

"1. Negativity quickly spreads from one person to another. If I constantly complain to others about how bad it is, then I become a part of the problem because I am adding fuel to an already depressing situation. The more I talk about them the more power I am giving them and in the end the person I hurt the most is me myself. Therefore, this is the most important change that needed to be done for my job environment. 2. Increase my speed. Greater opportunities come to organizations that can respond quickly. Customers value speed in providing services and delivering orders and are sometimes willing to pay extra for a quick response. Employees who are fast and flexible generally reduce costs by minimizing their expended time on a project. 3. Effective communication in the workplace is necessary for an effective work environment. Productivity decreases and everyone gets stressed, if people do not communicate effectively. Some of the more common problems that prevent effective communication can be overcome by simply minimizing them or even eliminating them. When these things are dealt with, the organization can function more efficiently, and the work environment is much more pleasant for everyone."