(based on 25 Tesla Motors Review Ratings)
Data Migration Specialist
in Fremont, CA

"I worked on contract as a data migration specialist. Average hours worked 70-80 per week."

Tesla Motors Employee
in Palo Alto, CA

"If you absolutely despise micromanagement and enjoy a significant level of responsibility in your tasks, Tesla is the place for you. Tesla is still a small company, so there isn't a lot of room for waste, thus meetings are short and they do whatever it takes to get the job done. They have pretty sweet merchandise and a position comes with an immense sense of pride knowing you're helping put an awesome product on the road."

Equipment Engineering Manager
in Fremont, CA

"This is the best company someone can ever work for. The personnel are energized and the work keeps you at the top of your skill set. If you want to work hard and be around the smartest engineers in the industry then come to Tesla Motors. There is not another company that you will find with the level of dedication to the employees and the dedication the employees have for their company. Great leaders like Elon, Dag and Dominik are why we are where we are today. Tesla Kicks Ass!"

Tesla Motors Employee
in Fremont, CA

"Not much to say. I'm not here for long."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Manufacturing Project Manager
in Palo, IA

"I worked at Tesla Motors for 6 yrs. The company offers a unique start-up environment that is both rewarding and very challenging. The time commitment required can border on the extreme at times. But I believe I did some of my best work while at Tesla. And worked with some of the best and brightest.I think Tesla also offers a very collaborative environment for a Mfg. engineer. You will work very closely with design engineers and have a strong voice in the design process."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
QA Engineer
in Castro Valley, CA

What do you like about working at Tesla Motors?

"Everyone was there to work together to get the product completed. Everyone wanted to see success."

"Know the material. Be enthusiastic. Be able to explain why you're a perfect fit for the company."

What don't you like about working at Tesla Motors?

"There was minimal work/life integration. It was run as a startup but HUGE! It was very fast paced/high demand/high stress, with little family time."

"I would put more value in my employees, and create some form of balance."

Production Associate

What do you like about working at Tesla Motors?

"I like the essence and the ideal of the product, but the way the company goes about making it happen is risque."

"Research, research! Find out the strengths of the company and compare them to the weaknesses. Be ready for big changes at frequent intervals."

What don't you like about working at Tesla Motors?

"The company is in a risky position right now, and it is a gamble for anyone to join right now if they're looking for success from the company if it makes it through the current situation."

"Do a better job of engineering quality control before promising the stockholders a relatively high production volume with a full-blown production schedule."

Maintenance Technician
in Palo Alto, CA

"Tesla Motors is a new company. It had no quality control plan."

What do you like about working at Tesla Motors?

"The maintenance department had a lot of good techs. It was close to home, with a casual environment."

"If you enjoy a loose management style, this is your place. One day to the next it can change."

What don't you like about working at Tesla Motors?

"It was unorganized, not transparent, and it was hard to find answers. Engineering, not maintenance, was in control of systems."

"Get organized ISO, QMS. Maintenance control package is needed badly."

Senior Product Designer

What do you like about working at Tesla Motors?

"I like the great work, aggressive work schedule, and best of equipment to perform your job."

"Look elsewhere or you will regret all the unkept promises and expenses they put you through."

What don't you like about working at Tesla Motors?

"They don't listen to anyone but their favorites. They are a backstabbing management group full of liars."

"Quit and work where you belong... flipping burgers. The company is full of management imposters."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Manufacturing Manager
Company Culture 5 / 5 Way You Work 3.9 / 5
Senior Firmware Engineer
in San Carlos, AZ

"Excellent place to work if you love cars."