Career Menu

Adjunct Instructor at American Intercontinental University
Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Adjunct Instructor at Baker College

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"Baker College was a very wonderful place to work as a part time instructor."

Adjunct Instructor at Rasmussen College

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"I really enjoy working here and plan on continuing to."

Adjunct Instructor at Sanford-Brown

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"I would never work for them again."

Adjunct Instructor at Anthem Institute

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"Overall a great job. I loved teaching."

Adjunct Instructor at Louisiana State University
Person You Work For 4.1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Company Culture 4.5 / 5
Adjunct Instructor at UIndy

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"Chance to blend environment and business."

Adjunct Instructor at Purdue University
Person You Work For 4.9 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 4.9 / 5
Support You Get 4.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.8 / 5 Company Culture 4.8 / 5
Way You Work 4.9 / 5
Adjunct Instructor at AmeriCorps

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"AMERI*CORPS is like the Peace Corps- the hardest job you'll ever love.I loved it."

What do you like about working at AmeriCorps?

"The work I was doing was very important-helping poor people get their prescriptions if they had no other way to pay for them. We raised $90,000 in donations to help people in the local community."

Adjunct Instructor at Jackson Hewitt

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"no working at jackson Hewitt Tax Service clt don't where is this question coming from"

What do you like about working at Jackson Hewitt?

"no working at jackson Hewitt Tax Service cltdon't where is this question coming from"

Adjunct Instructor at Electronic Data Systems
Person You Work For 4.9 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 4.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.9 / 5
Company Culture 4.9 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Adjunct Instructor at University of Phoenix
Adjunct Instructor at ITT Tech
in Round Rock, TX

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"I have a passion of teaching but teachers typically do not get paid well. Sad but true"

"Hire good teachers and paid them well. Good teachers cost, bad teachers cost more."

Adjunct Instructor at Chapman University
in Temecula, CA

What do you like about working at Chapman University?

"I enjoy teaching and the learning dynamic both in the classroom and with individual students. I like that I am not micro-managed and have a great deal of freedom to be creative and self-expressive. I like that I get the opportunity to continue to learn and to be challenged. I like being on more than one campus and having a change in the environment periodically."

What don't you like about working at Chapman University?

"There is no security since adjunct faculty are hired one 9-week session at a time. I have worked there regulary from session to session for over a year (with excellent evaluations) until recently, when there was a misunderstanding about my availability and the director left me off the schedule without confirming. This unfortunate mistake can be easily made when working at will for colleges and universities because there is very little interaction with supervisors. There is no personal investment, loyalty, or faithfulness on the adjunct's part that promotes a future with colleges/universities, since adjuncts are given no preference (even though they fulfill employer expectations, get superior scores on their evaluations, and are favored by students) upon hiring for full-time or tenure track positions. It leaves many adjuncts feeling defeated and disposable, not to mention poor. Though I love academia, I leave it looking forward to a more secure future."

Adjunct Instructor at ITT Tech
in Arlington, TX

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"Students can get a better education for a LOT less money at a Community College!"

What do you like about working at ITT Tech?

"Teaching the students. Working with some of the other educators. The chance to further students knowledge of real world employment."

"Be prepared for the shock of not getting compensated. Look around at some other schools before deciding to work at ITT."

What don't you like about working at ITT Tech?

"Low pay, outdated programs, books and equipment, labs that don't work and exercises that don't make sense and don't work"

"revamp the whole thing to reflect real world, get newer textbooks and create better lab exercises that reflect the real world"

You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created
Jobs You Might Like