Oracle
3.9 (294)
Industry: Publishing Industries - HQ: Redwood City, CA

Oracle Reviews

On average, employees at Oracle give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Oracle employees are Business Development Consultants submitting an average rating of 4.6 and Staff Consultants also with a rating of 4.6.

(based on 208 Oracle Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.9
Work Setting 4.1
Oracle JobsView All »

294 Oracle Company Reviews and Ratings

4.5Posted about a month ago in Redwood City, CA
"It was a wonderful company where I could have the right balance between my personal and professional lives. I was given complete freedom in pursuing my own design and get valuable feedback from the seniors and peers. I would love to work here anytime."
Database Administrator
Posted last week in Redwood City, CA

"I've worked for Oracle since 1998. With the most recent acquisition, it will have about 4X the number of employees that it did when I started. It has become a very big company and much of the old nimbleness that was common with dotcoms is gone. Also, management is borderline-religious when it comes to cost controls. The net effect is that it often takes months if not years to get projects completed. On the other hand, the benefits are AMAZING. The health plan would be considered CEO-caliber."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5

Oracle (294)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is N2 Publishing (21)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is CareCore National (8)
Posted this month in Chicago, IL

"It's a great place to cut your teeth, but there's little to no room for advancement without leaving the company and coming back. Also, if a tool you need to do your job isn't on the approved list, you aren't getting it. Also, there's a ton of bureaucracy causing approvals for anything to take months."

Way You Work 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 Person You Work For 2 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Average Oracle Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted this month in San Francisco, CA

"Overall working environment is below average. It's just not fun to come to work every day."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5

"growth opportunities"
4 Reviewers
Developer
Posted this month in San Antonio, TX

"Worked here for 3 years. Awesome work experience with manager and co workers. Exposure to various technologies and flexible work hours are a plus. Bonus and salary were up to the mark. Suitable leave structure and vacation plans. Can learn new work every day. You can shift to other technology of your own interest whenever required. Work life balance can be achieved and you get the work satisfaction at the same-time. Encouragement from peers was good."

Way You Work 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Usability Engineer
Posted this month in Redwood City, CA

"It's a good place to start, but not to move up or learn new methodologies."

Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Posted this month in Redwood City, CA

"I've worked 17 years for Oracle consulting. Working for Oracle has lost its appeal since the company became super frugal about everything including training, raises, promotions, office supplies, equipment... just about everything. The company is scrounging every penny from everywhere."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Way You Work 1 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Posted last month in New York City, NY

"Great company - high turnover."

Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Posted last month in Brazil, IN

"I've worked for Oracle since 2009. The company has been very great for me at the beginning, despite the fact that I have created international success cases and get award from important customers, the recognition was not good enough as I expected from the company."

Way You Work 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Posted last month in Raleigh, NC

"Strong company - management can be poor."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Person You Work For 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Sales Intern
Posted last month in Burlington, MA

"I interned at Oracle during my graduate program in 2013. I was working in the role of a Sales Consultant. I really enjoyed the experience. My colleagues were really helpful in getting me up to speed about the role. The corporate experience has been quite welcoming and warm."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Senior Software Engineer
Posted 2 months ago in Redwood City, CA

"I've worked with Oracle since 2009. Oracle is a leader in Enterprise Software Development. I like the work and the workplace. I'm looking to explore better work and growth opportunities in US."

Company Culture 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Business Development Consultant
Posted 2 months ago in Burlington, MA

"Overall, Oracle is very good place to work. For my first job in the Technology industry, the training and sales resources were very helpful and informational. The negative, it is a very cannibalistic enviornment for sales. In the last year alone, they have nearly doubled the sales force in most product pillars and shrunk all account patches. Because of the wide assortment of products that Oracle provides, there are too many oracle reps calling into the same accounts and upset our customers."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Regional Business Development Manager
Posted 2 months ago in Redwood City, CA

"I've worked at Oracle for just about two years. This place rocks, outside of professional baseball, this is the best place I've worked."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Director
Posted 2 months ago in Atlanta, GA

"Oracle is a good company however the timing of my employment was impacted by numerous acquisitions which resulted in constant turnover of staff. There is also a hidden network of powerful people within the company that can help or hurt you depending on who you know as with most companies."

Company Culture 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5