Marriott International
3.8 (71)
Industry: Accommodation - HQ: Bethesda, MD

Marriott International Reviews

On average, employees at Marriott International give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Marriott International employees are Sales Executives submitting an average rating of 4.4.

See all Marriott International reviews »
(based on 46 Marriott International Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.9
Work Setting 3.9
Marriott International JobsView All »

71 Marriott International Company Reviews and Ratings

4.4Posted 3 months ago in Bethesda, MD
"Marriott International is a great company to work for. I liked working in the eCommerce department and especially being a liaison between the department/company and the customer.I found self-satisfaction in finding issues that could improve the user experience and to make our customers happy."
Posted 2 months ago in Omaha, NE

"I've worked for Marriott International since 2012 and have moved to two different positions and both are entry level positions. I find the current position quite on-going and great starting point for someone without experience with many jobs or degrees."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
People You Work With 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5

Marriott International (71)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is La Quinta Inns & Suites (12)
3.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Diamond Resorts International (11)
Senior Software Engineer
Posted 2 months ago in Bethesda, MD

"I have enjoyed working at Marriott for the past 4 years. Finished up with Marriott in April 2014 as I completed the ETL conversion transitioning hotel data to a new system. They are in the process of outsourcing most of the IT work going forward. My group was eliminated."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5

Average Marriott International Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted 2 months ago in Annapolis, MD

"Marriott International Inc. is said to be the BEST company to work for due to its commitment to its guests and associates. This is a load of nonsense and complete misconception that many naive people have going into this company. Unless you are favored or preferred from your management, good luck getting anywhere!"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Night Auditor
Posted 2 months ago in Annapolis, MD

"I have worked with Marriott International since 2010 and it has been an interesting experience. I have worked my way up the tier from bottom to entry-mid level. It is very difficult to move up without proper assistance from upper-level management. In short, unless you are highly likable, and know someone higher than you who likes you, it is almost impossible to move on from a given department or position within a timely manner."

People You Work With 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Contract Administrator
Posted 3 months ago in Miami Beach, FL

"Worked for Marriott on and off since 2003 and will work for them again if the opportunity comes."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5

Support You Get 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Bethesda, MD

"I worked for Marriott for 31 years and would still be there today if they had not outsourced my department to IBM.In general, Marriott is a good company to work for with great compensation for a job well done."

Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Work Setting 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Business Analyst
Posted 6 months ago in Bethesda, MD

"Great company. Would recommend."

Work Setting 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Sales Executive
Posted 8 months ago in Palm Desert, CA

"Great team and great management. Location was the issue for me, other than that, if you like the desert then go for it. They invest in their employees so much, I have improved my sales skills a lot in a very short time because they offer so much to the employee to succeed and reach their goals.Good luck."

Way You Work 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
IT Analyst
Posted 9 months ago in Bethesda, MD

"This was a good company to start with."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Senior Systems Analyst
Posted 10 months ago in Bethesda, MD

"Horrible, political, top heavy, outdated, and the antithesis of what you want."

Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5 Support You Get 3.3 / 5
People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Way You Work 3.3 / 5 Company Culture 3.3 / 5
Front Desk Agent
Posted last year in Daytona Beach, FL

"Unethical at best."

What do you like about working at Marriott International?

"Employee room discounts, free Rosetta Stone program available if you ask for it."

"DON'T. Get out while you still have your morals and dignity intact."

What don't you like about working at Marriott International?

"Ive been here for two years, and it has been the most unethical place Ive ever had the displeasure of working. Ive been forced to work 85 hour weeks with back to back 16 hour shifts. Even working those weeks, I have not gotten a single lunch break, or rest break of any kind, in the entire 2 years that Ive been here, even though federal law mandates I should. I was swindled out of hundreds of dollars over the 2 years that Ive been here because our Assistant General Manager decided to skim our checks by changing our hours in the system (a federal offense). Our state law mandates that anyone working the overnight shift is to be paid an extra $1/hr. One of our overnight associates has not been paid that in the 3 years hes been here, totaling up to over $7,000 they owe him in back pay. One of our managers was accused of sexual harassment that was backed up with written statements by several employees. They promoted him to a sales position. Ive attempted to transfer out of this location thinking it would be better many a time. My interviews were all flawless, but I never got the job. On my most recent interview, in which they were ready to offer me the job with a 50% pay increase plus moving expenses (totaling $5,000), I got a call back saying they were no longer considering me for the position. I inquired as to why. They called my managers, and the recommendation they gave was a flat out lie because, as another manager here put it, they would have to hire 2 people to do the work I do for a higher pay rate. My record is flawless, with no write-ups or disciplinary actions, and my annual reviews are the best at my home properties (the equivalent of a 4.0GPA). They have actively blocked me from trying to achieve employment anywhere else, even within the company, because Im their mule. One of my managers has asked me to forge financial documents, stating that if I dont, I would be terminated for insubordination. Our FANTASTIC insurance plan costs me $100 per *WEEK* for me and my domestic partner, whereas married couples pay only $60. Married with kids $80. After my insurance comes out, I make less than $200 per week if I only work 40 hours because the pay scale that we're on is from 2006 when I was hired in 2011. I've worked every single shift imaginable in every department imaginable at every level imaginable (front desk, night audit, housekeeping, housekeeping aide, laundry, engineering, restaurant, manager on duty), all without any edit in my pay. I worked 3 weeks of Manager On Duty shifts, because ours decided they all wanted to go on vacation at the same time. I never received any additional compensation, other than my basic front desk pay. Not even night auditor pay, which is an extra $1/hour.Could this just be the case at my dual properties Maybe. But every single manager here has come from another property, and I have been at these two properties for longer than every supervisor and manager here. They had to learn those horrific practices from somewhere else in the company."

"My advice to management Treat your employees like people, not slaves. Take a business ethics course or two. I did (on your nickel, because tuition reimbursement only covered a fraction of the course cost). The above is not a rant, it is merely a synopsis of my experiences with this company."

Company Culture 1 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Person You Work For 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5
Night Auditor
Posted last year in Arlington, VA

"Very relax and fun."

What do you like about working at Marriott International?

"The environment of the office is always enjoyable. We created so much fun for each other."

"Undestand the culture of the company and the fact that different brands of hotels in the company have different requirements."

What don't you like about working at Marriott International?

"The time restriction on how long you have to stay on a position befoer tranfering to another one."

"I hope the company can provide more training for the employees who are interested in improving themselves and preparing for a different position."

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Front Desk Supervisor
Posted last year in Boston, MA

What do you like about working at Marriott International?

"Great company with great benefits, but no opportunities to advance."

"Good company to work for, seize every opportunity given if any."

What don't you like about working at Marriott International?

"No opportunities for progression. overworked and under appreciated with limited tools."

"I would start by practicing what I preach and hold all associates to the same standards."

Company Culture 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
People You Work With 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Area Systems Manager
Posted last year in Miami, FL

What do you like about working at Marriott International?

"so much work, not enough time. always good projects. people"

What don't you like about working at Marriott International?

"politics, not enough support from upper level management. not enough funding"

Work Setting 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5