On average, employees at Boeing give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Boeing employees are IT Project Managers submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Senior Quality Engineers with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 478 Boeing Review Ratings)
"30 of my 50 working years have been at Boeing.Like most large corporations, the company has multiple personalities. Most line supervisors are competent and focused on building a reliable product. The leadership varies from visionary to self-serving. I am unemployed because the leadership decided to reduce head count while increasing workload. Go figure..."
Posted about a year ago in Everett, WA
Posted 6 months ago in Palmdale, CA

"Boeing is a great company to work for to advance your career."

Posted 6 months ago in Mesa, AZ

"Boeing is a very large company. As a Software Engineer turned Manager at Boeing, I have found the options at my current site to be very limiting. However, the pay is generally very good and the benefits are outstanding! Only big issue I have is with the site that I currently work at. It is very political here and very hard to move around between positions."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Boeing (701)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is GM Powertrain (7)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is PACCAR (10)
Posted 7 months ago in El Segundo, CA

"I have worked for Boeing since 2001. That is when Boeing bought Hughes Space and Communications. Boeing will do whatever it takes to save money. They will use employees and their expertise until they reach a salary that is deemed too high. Then they will layoff and replace these employees with new college hires that they can pay less."

Posted 7 months ago in Huntington Beach, CA

"Boeing is an excellent company to work for. They take excellent care of their employees. Because they are an international company there are opportunities to work throughout the world."

Average Boeing Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Software Test Engineer
Posted 7 months ago in Everett, WA

"I have worked at Boeing for over a year and I found it highly educational. It was a learning experience, working with different professionals and teams. Taught me how to be independent and a self-starter. I would love to work at Boeing again and would recommend to anyone who is passionate about making a difference in QA world."

Posted 7 months ago in Seattle, WA

"The place is a nightmare to work. Management is only interested in moving up the career path and often throws employees under the bus, takes credit for others' work and are not interested in helping develop careers of those below them."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Posted 7 months ago in Long Beach, CA

"I have been with The Boeing more than 20 years."

Posted 7 months ago in Huntington Beach, CA

"A good place to work. Good pay. My job was eliminated and I was part of a mass layoff. Of course aerospace is like that. You can't count on job stability. The benefits have been reduced. It depends on your specialty as to how you fare there. A diverse culture."

Posted 7 months ago in Seattle, WA

"There is a case to be made for whatever opinion you have about Boeing. It was a great place to work with good people. When I first got to the organization they thought it would double in size. Then half the org's budget got taken for something else and the budget got cut in about half every year after that. They have said the org will go away in 2016 and that may be Boeing's plan but I do not see how that is possible since they do not yet have replacement apps for some of the critical things that org did/does. I suspect it will continue to live on in some sort of half life state while they ramp up its replacement. The replacement may be fine but you would really want to check on the long term viability of the org you are going to before jumping in. This uncertainty is the main reason why I said no to the CEO."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Posted 7 months ago in Bothell, WA

"Had a great time working for Boeing Supplier Management for 3 + years. Management is very forward looking and does well with IT decisions, especially for such a large company."

Posted 7 months ago in El Segundo, CA

"I have worked at a couple large aerospace companies and Boeing is one of the best. The resources, learning opportunities, and job growth are all there. The atmosphere can be a little negative at times due to the constant changes in the industry, but overall it is a great place to be a mechanical engineer."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Posted 7 months ago in Long Beach, CA

"Every company that I worked for in Aerospace was a great experience and Boeing was a great experience with a great team."

Posted 8 months ago in San Antonio, TX

"I worked at Boeing for over 5 years, 2 years as a contractor and over 3 years as a direct Boeing employee. The San Antonio site is poorly managed which resulted in a reduction in force of over 400 personnel being laid off. Upper Management is the problem and the HR department does not work with the employees like the program is designed, thus ethical behavior is not followed throughout the San Antonio site. The site could be a rewarding site if some changes were made in Management and HR."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Posted 8 months ago in Long Beach, CA

"My feelings about The Boeing Company are not positive mainly because of current management and business model. I was employed by them for 23 years performing exceptionally. But was forced out of the company because I would not relocated due to health reasons."

Technologist
Posted 8 months ago in San Diego, CA

"Boeing purchased my company Argon ST back in 2010. I found that working for Boeing was an eye opening experience. Boeing is truly a global company with thousands of employees. I only wish that they didn't close the San Diego branch. I would have liked to continue working with them."