(based on 375 Walmart Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.2
Growth Opportunities 3.0
People You Work With 4.0
Person You Work For 3.6
Rewards You Receive 3.1
Support You Get 3.2
Way You Work 3.7
Work Setting 3.2
"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 11 months ago in Cheyenne, WY

645 Walmart Company Reviews and Ratings Browse Walmart Reviews by Job Title →

Store Manager
Posted last year in Magnolia, AR

"Mr. Sam would not be happy. Walmart would continue to grow and be successful if they spent a little time actually practicing the company culture instead of just talking about it. The customers and associates really do matter, not just the bottom line."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Posted last year in Plano, TX

"Wal-Mart is absolutely the worst company to work for."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Posted last year in Tuscaloosa, AL

"I have worked for Wal-Mart for 11 years and I have met some very special people. I consider them family because we have developed some very special relationships. I have learned a lot from working with this company and it has taught me how to handle some very difficult situations."

Senior Sterling Consultant
Posted last year in Bentonville, AR

"Working for WalmartLabs India Limited as a Senior Sterling Consultant and I am very proud to be working with the company and team."

Posted last year in Memphis, TN

"Wal-Mart is a bad place to work in Tennessee they work you like a dog and don't appreciate what you do. My husband works at 950 and is treated very poorly and is threatened. Beware if you work overnight you will have to work 15 + hours.Store manager is very bad. I was at Cordova for a while and was treated the same."

Dairy Associate
Posted last year in Jacksonville, AL

"I have worked for Walmart for almost nine year now. In the beginning, it was a very lucrative income for me while attending college. After graduating college, it was still a nice income generator. Now, specifically in my district, are work hours are being significantly reduce bordering on once affordable expenditures and/or necessities becoming improbable. I can't speak for other Walmart stores around, my store is not a job secure anymore."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Technical Editor
Posted last year in Bentonville, AR

"Walmart puts great emphasis on respect for the Individual. Volunteerism is huge and there are many opportunities to participate in worthwhile causes. However the stress level at Walmart ISD is high to an unhealthy extent. The wages are typically below market with the idea that a significant bonus (20% or more of one's salary) will make up the difference, however it often doesn't. At the same time, C-level leadership are grossly overpaid for a company based on keeping costs low."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Posted last year in Barre, VT

"I enjoyed working with the other employees, but I don't really agree with what the company stands for anymore. It was good pay, but I feel that the company in recent years cares more about keeping its employees from getting raises and benefits, and keeping the profits for itself."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Sales Associate
Posted last year in Tumwater, WA

"I worked at Walmart for 2 years, in those years I was never made felt that I was an asset despite the many projects that my team and I accomplished, or how much I volunteered to help my superiors. I worked in two stores in two different states and that feeling was the same in both stores."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Posted last year in Hermiston, OR

"Was great place to work and would work there later in life."

Posted last year in Biddeford, ME

"I have worked for Walmart for 5 years and found it to be a great company that is willing to promote from within."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
Posted last year in Canton, OH

"I worked as an in-stock associate. The shift I worked was removed because common sense is trumped by profit."

Posted last year in Cincinnati, OH

"My company had been good to me so far but I desire an engineering career job in order to fully utilize the knowledge I had acquired in school."

Posted last year in Bentonville, AR

"Yes yes it's good working for them. Very strong technical team and expertise across."

Deli Sales Associate
Posted last year in Cedar Rapids, IA

"I did not enjoy working at WalMart in the least bit. I took the job because my employer at the time did not have hours available for me to work, and one must make a living. Many of the employees I worked with (not all, but most) were lacking in a sense of logic and seemed unable to make competent decisions and had difficulty allocating their time efficiently."

Person You Work For 1.3 / 5 People You Work With 1.3 / 5 Work Setting 1.3 / 5
Support You Get 1.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.3 / 5