(based on 366 Walmart Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.3
Growth Opportunities 3.0
People You Work With 4.0
Person You Work For 3.6
Rewards You Receive 3.1
Support You Get 3.2
Way You Work 3.7
Work Setting 3.3
"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 9 months ago in Cheyenne, WY

634 Walmart Company Reviews and Ratings Browse Walmart Reviews by Job Title →

Posted last year in Hermiston, OR

"Was great place to work and would work there later in life."

Posted last year in Biddeford, ME

"I have worked for Walmart for 5 years and found it to be a great company that is willing to promote from within."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
Posted last year in Canton, OH

"I worked as an in-stock associate. The shift I worked was removed because common sense is trumped by profit."

Posted last year in Cincinnati, OH

"My company had been good to me so far but I desire an engineering career job in order to fully utilize the knowledge I had acquired in school."

Posted last year in Bentonville, AR

"Yes yes it's good working for them. Very strong technical team and expertise across."

Deli Sales Associate
Posted last year in Cedar Rapids, IA

"I did not enjoy working at WalMart in the least bit. I took the job because my employer at the time did not have hours available for me to work, and one must make a living. Many of the employees I worked with (not all, but most) were lacking in a sense of logic and seemed unable to make competent decisions and had difficulty allocating their time efficiently."

Person You Work For 1.3 / 5 People You Work With 1.3 / 5 Work Setting 1.3 / 5
Support You Get 1.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.3 / 5
Assistant Store Manager
Posted last year in Chattanooga, TN

"The benefits at WAL MART are great but just by the fact that its retail it leaves no time for a real life. You can't take vacations during holidays and you never will be off for Thanksgiving because of black friday and the shopping season. It takes away your personal life in my personal experience."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Sales Associate
Posted last year in Ruston, LA

"I worked for Walmart for just under four years. In that time I was challenged, but also found it somewhat lacking in terms of challenge. Most of the managers were willing to listen, though a few were clearly out for their own goals. Overall the company needs improvement on the store level, but is otherwise a fairly decent company overall."

Cashier
Posted last year

"Walmart's goal is to make money, and they will run you over in their quest."

What do you like about working at Walmart?

"Friendly associates, good job to work at as a teenager with a first job, free food if it was mislabelled or is expiring in a day or two."

"I would tell you to only apply if you have strong independence but also follow rules very carefully, because they will leave you alone to do your work and then pop up out of nowhere if you try to take a shortcut."

What don't you like about working at Walmart?

"The training for being a cashier is minimal, never have the opportunity to talk to managers, only one person can change your schedule if you ask to switch shifts with someone, the Walmart rewards mastercard has a poor takeup and you begin to hate asking because everyone says no, but if you don't you know you'll be fired (they won't 'fire' you, they'll just reduce hours until you have to quit, find a different reason to fire you or move you to a terrible department.)"

"Maybe come out of your office and act like an associate sometimes. We're you ever in the position I'm in Try it and see how you like it, walk a mile in my shoes before you judge me."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Sales Associate
Posted last year in Avon Park, FL

"Repetitive manual labor"

What do you like about working at Walmart?

"I have the freedom to do my job without interference, within reason, although this seems to be exclusive to my department. I also like the bonuses!"

"Not particularly. Don't be nervous. Just act naturally. Don't get caught in a lie."

What don't you like about working at Walmart?

"I hate the drama. Rumors abound at my store, there are constant squabbles between departments, etc."

"Focus more on training. The better you train us, the more money walmart will make."

Optician
Posted last year in Bakersfield, CA

"Started off as a good place to be but the culture changed..."

What do you like about working at Walmart?

"I started out liking the place and as each year went on I started to hate it more and more.."

"Don't bother... it is a waste of your time... If you want to work for little pay pay and be stressed out with having to work your butt off..."

What don't you like about working at Walmart?

"A lot of back stabbing.. Be carful what you say and do people their have a funny way of twisting what you say to make you look like an evil troll and make them self look like a shining star."

"Stop being buddy buddy with select people and denying it... Be more understanding to individual situations insted of being quick to pass judgement without hearing all the facts..."

Assistant Manager
Posted this month in Pierre, SD

"Challenging, a learning experience in working under pressure."

What do you like about working at Walmart?

"The potential to advance into various branches of the company."

"Remain flexible and open to suggestions as to where you might best fit in the company."

What don't you like about working at Walmart?

"The possible obstacles which can be placed in your path by closed minds."

"Open up and see the possibilities that your associates see and strive for each day."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Cashier
Posted this month in Reno, NV

"..Walmart has its good points as well its REALLY not so good points."

What do you like about working at Walmart?

"That they hire older adults...giving the opportunity to earn extra money to supplement their incomes."

"This is a great stepping stone, until a better job comes around...if you can put up with the nonsense of Walmart, more power to you, for longevity."

What don't you like about working at Walmart?

"Extremely top (management) heavy. Procedures in place that hinder (in my opinion)customer satisfaction and sales."

"Take a cut in pay,or in hours. Since our hours are cut to the bone...how are we to make our monthly expenses if we are given only 16 hours per week; plus management receives bonuses because of the money saved by cutting lower employee's hours."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Shift Manager
Posted this month in Little Rock, AR

What do you like about working at Walmart?

"Don't, the atmoshere of intimadation and treats is very unprofessional"

"be very careful as to the location that you are being assigned to"

What don't you like about working at Walmart?

"The way they treat their people at all levels. It is an atmoshere of intimidation and threats"

"follow the company doctrine of treating people with respect, listen to your people, they have good ideas"

Software Engineering Manager
Posted this month in Brisbane, CA

What do you like about working at Walmart?

"Challenging technical problems to solve, excellent co-workers in engineering, genius business counterparts"

"Be yourself, be prepared to be challenged, get ready for the time of your life!"

What don't you like about working at Walmart?

"After last year's re-org many good people left, and it became more political, would be nice if that 'left'. They unfortunately kept some really bad managers, let some very good ones go."

"Make decisions about personnel based upon achievement of objectives. A tough-objective not achieved, is still not achieved -- stop rewarding people who merely 'try' to achieve tough objectives. If you are going to grade effort, then take resource levels into account as well."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5