(based on 517 Walmart Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Walmart for 5+ years starting from a courtesy associate to a cashier and finally as a sales associate. The management was friendly and the staff was excellent. My time there has helped me with my social interactions and customer assistance, whether it is ringing them up through checkout or helping find a certain item."
Posted 12 months ago in Cheyenne, WY

789 Walmart Company Reviews and Ratings Browse Walmart Reviews by Job Title →

Posted last year in Bentonville, AR

"I have loved working in Wal-Mart due to the size. All solutions, applications developed in Wal-Mart are large scaled. It provides the environment for you to excel in the application software development."

Posted last year in San Jose, CA

"It is a good company. With social guarantees for employees, in addition to salary adjustments every six months."

Posted last year in Manassas, VA

"I really loved working for WalMart Stores Inc. My supervisors did notice the hard work that I put in and was able to move up in the company (twice). You have to be willing to put yourself out there to help in any department."

Posted last year in Chandler, AZ

"I have worked at Walmart for several years. There have been several changes since I started there that were clearly in no way better for the employee. It may sound wrong to say this but the system is set up so you can fail, not succeed."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
TLE Technician
Posted last year in Cleveland, TN

"It's very rough work for no money whatsoever. 2 years so far. Don't make what my pay grade level is because they will not put me fully at the title. Still scheduled 1 day as a regular sales associate so they don't have to pay me more. Just got told I will not be getting a raise and I don't understand why. $450 billion plus company and can never afford half the crap needed to do job properly. Mgmt gives more away for free than one could imagine. And that ain't a 4th of the bad."

Assistant Store Manager
Posted last year in Plano, TX

"I worked at Walmart as an Assistant Manager for a year and a half. During my time there I had a terrible work life balance, and the culture was hard to adapt to as an external hire. There was very little feedback from my supervisor, and the feedback that I did receive was always negative. It became a struggle for me to go to work every day, not knowing what I was doing correct, as well as not having a defined career path with the company."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior Realty Manager
Posted last year in Bentonville, AR

"If you are from Arkansas and/or want to live in Arkansas, this is the place for you. If you have ever lived in a large city, you will be bored. We thought the management level associates would demand better schools, the arts, parks, quality of life, etc, but were sadly disappointed in the lack thereof. No one expects anything more than what is currently available, because that is all they know. However, the pay and benefits were excellent. Low crime, decent weather and beautiful scenery."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Unloader
Posted last year in Gillette, WY

"Walmart is a good work place. Unloading is a decent job but it is going to be more of who you work with rather then the aesthetics seeing as you are in the back of the store 90% of the time."

Department Store Manager
Posted last year in Hanford, CA

"I have been with this company for six years. I have learned a lot in retail and food compliance. I have also had the privilege and opportunity to advance within my own company. I also have had the chance to work with associates. My job was to hire and fire, to make schedules and to direct, motivate and discipline associates."

Department Manager
Posted last year in Fruitland, MD

"I don't care too much for the company when it comes to the work and time given to do the work that is asked of one to do, and with the low pay given, which is very low compared to the amount of work asked of the employees. Employees can move up the ladder of success with ease if he or she wants to and push forward."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Senior Programmer Analyst
Posted last year in Bentonville, AR

"I've worked at Walmart since 2007, and while there's great people as well as plenty of room for advancement, Walmart is a retail company and the focus hasn't grown enough as it relates to IT. North West Arkansas is super safe and the schools top notch, but I need a change. In short Walmart has been good to me, but North West Arkansas... not so much."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Overnight Stocker
Posted last year in Irvine, CA

"The company is good as is the management but the execution or tasks and tools provided is severely lacking."

Shipping Loader
Posted last year in Apple Valley, CA

"I've worked there for seven years. Very solid and job securement company to work for. Many people that I worked with have a ton of years' experience with the company, In fact, I have the least amount of years' experiences in most cases."

Assistant Manager
Posted last year in Little Rock, AR

"Worked for Walmart for 6 months."

Customer Service Representative
Posted last year in Bakersfield, CA

"This job is not for everyone. Working at walmart was a lot like being in high school. They seem to be trying to make some changes to reduce the chances of this happening. The only good thing about walmart is when you get a Assist manager that is friendly. That doesn't always last because the move the managers around every couple of months."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5