On average, employees at Frontier Communications give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Frontier Communications employees are Superintendents submitting an average rating of 4.0 and Account Executives with a rating of 3.5.

(based on 64 Frontier Communications Review Ratings)

104 Frontier Communications Company Reviews and Ratings Browse Frontier Communications Reviews by Job Title →

Posted last month in Lynnwood, WA

"I started working with the local phone company when it was GTE, then Verizon, now Frontier. Frontier doesn't seem to care about its current customers, only the next customer, as proven with their Priority Matrix, which says we will take care of orders first and troubles second. They are laying off employees left and right. We don't get any formal training on the systems we have to take care of. The quality of the products we install is substandard. They don't keep up on our State requirements, like First aid and flagging, even when we mention something about it. Upper management does not answer any questions and does not address any issues, they just have some lackey in the corner write everything down, then I guess they file it in the round file later that day, because we never hear anything back. The people that can make the decisions and effect change won't, because Frontier will fire them if they are wrong. I guess it's better to not make a decision at all than be wrong at this company. Their processes waste huge amounts of money, but they don't seem to care, once again going back to nobody being willing to make a decision, or make a change for fear of getting fired."

Posted 3 months ago in Miamisburg, OH

"Not a great experience in my three years there. They are in turmoil at the top."

Frontier Communications (104)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Adtech (6)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Blue Fountain Media (7)
Posted 3 months ago in San Jose, CA

"A new employee needs to get used to the company's culture, it may be not easy, but finally it turns out to be not that bad as it may seem at the beginning... So it's ok to work..."

Senior Programmer Analyst
Posted 3 months ago in Rochester, NY

"I am working for Frontier since 2012. This is growing company and I have a good experience in learning new technologies and business."

Average Frontier Communications Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Manager
Posted 7 months ago in Fort Wayne, IN
Posted 11 months ago in Rochester, NY

"Frontier is an antiquated company, with antiquated techniques, selling antiquated products to an aging consumer base. Their IT backoffice is barely functional and uses mainframe technology from 30+ years ago. They have no plans to modernize, although there is a steady stream of projects that attempt to add things to an infrastructure already bursting at the seam. No vision, no direction, no leadership provided - just an unending list of tasks and the ceaseless abuse of "why isn't it done yet"."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Senior Technical Support Manager
Posted 11 months ago in Rochester, NY

"Great company if you apply yourself and follow the rules. They really look out for you and are very lenient and patient among other companies. My department was newly developed but it has moved in a direction that I don't like. But overall they are a great company with great benefits and I would definitely refer and have referred a lot of people to this company as a result."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
CIO
Posted last year in Buffalo, NY

"I've been at the NFTA since October 2013. I had been unemployed for some time and this job was offered at a time I needed it. The compensation is no where near market for my position, but is a government entity so that is understood. Also it is 1,100 miles from my home and family and relocation is not possible for some time. The job is great, the people are great and I have a great boss. If the compensation was better and I was able to relocate my family, I would stay here."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Posted last year in Deland, FL

"Frontier is a great company to work for. The pay is much better than similar positions at other companies. You'll find that the culture is performance based, but not stringently so. They set hard standards for you to achieve, but also work with you to help and guide you towards those goals. Advancement opportunities are there if you're interested in going the management route. However, don't expect much in the area of senior or tier 2/3 technical roles."

Posted last year in San Francisco, CA

"I've got nothing good to say about this company."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Posted last year in Simpsonville, SC

"Great people to work with!"

Posted last year in Austin, TX

"My association with Frontier Associates is very helpful to my career and I was an asset to the company as well."

Posted last year in Fort Wayne, IN

"Great place to work, but Middle Management Team fails to live the 3P's. The business model is predicated upon Local Engagement - the first wave of GM's in the region (Midwest) understood the business model and they developed a great place to work, unfortunately new management team came in and forced change that was not predicated upon Community Involvement, Employee Engagement, and the team turned upside down."

Vice President
Posted last year in Charleston, WV

"I worked for Frontier for several years in the West Virginia market and can say it would not be my recommended place to work. The people are great, but mostly have lost faith in the future of the company and ability of the leadership team (especially the CEO) to turn the declining revenue performance around. Most anticipate the leadership is only looking to make their next move by a sale or acquisition."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Senior Systems Analyst
Posted 2 years ago in Allen, TX

What do you like about working at Frontier Communications?

"there are a lot of good people that work here."

"make sure you are prepared and ask to speak to the hiring manager"

What don't you like about working at Frontier Communications?

"that they eliminated our department and they did not have a way to determine the value of the folks they were laying off."

"development a plan and work the plan or plan to fail"