Dell Reviews

On average, employees at Dell give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Dell employees are Resolution Specialists submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Computer Technicians with a rating of 4.6. Browse Dell Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 316 Dell Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.8
Support You Get 3.7
Way You Work 4.0
Work Setting 3.8
Posted 2 months ago in Round Rock, TX

"In my 12 years at Dell, I worked with great people and learned a ton about marketing and business in general. The compensation was good and most of the time my work/life balance was manageable."

455 Dell Company Reviews and Ratings

Posted this week in Nine Mile Falls, WA

"Dell MEDITECH Solutions Group longer exists."

Posted this week in Washington, DC

"I worked for Dell Federal Services on a contract with a major US agency for about 6 months. Management at all levels was either incompetent, aloof or petty. Shockingly, being a leading technology company, its own intranet/hr/mandatory training required that I have at least 12 different passwords. On site I was required to provide my own office supplies!"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Dell (455)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Intersil (8)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Methode Electronics (8)
Posted last week in Plano, TX

"Dell Inc. is a great company to work for. I've had little issues and they are very flexible with their people. There are many opportunities within the organization and being that Dell Inc. is a global organization, the sky's the limit."

Senior Oracle Development Leader
Posted last week in Austin, TX

"Development leader, responsible for providing work estimates, work assignment within the development team, technical design reviews and deliverable reviews utilizing Oracle Forms, Reports, XML Publisher, java concurrent programs, Workflow, Linux shell scripts and OAF Pages as part of the solutions delivered to the Dell business."

Average Dell Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted last month in Round Rock, TX

"I've worked for Dell for about 15 years now, and I've seen a lot of change. Dell's best days are behind it. Until it becomes a unionized company, Dell will remain a slave of greed from the top. The total disregard for loyalty to employees is disgusting."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted last month in Katy, TX

"Best Company to work for..."

Senior Marketing Consultant
Posted last month in Round Rock, TX

"For 17 years working for Dell has been an exceptional opportunity. It seems things are changing and I believe the political climate and the high cost of health insurance is sending many Computer jobs overseas. I believe the cost of health care in this country is having a negative affect on Dell."

Development Intern
Posted last month in Madison, WI

"I worked 2 summers at Dell Software in Madison as an intern and greatly enjoyed my time there. The staff at that branch are friendly and helpful. Any time I had a problem, I knew who to ask for help from and knew they would always be willing to take time out of their day to see me solve a problem through. Although there are managers, you never feel like you are being managed, because they know if you are a skilled and motivated worker, you will get your work done."

Posted last month in Plano, TX

"Dell provides healthy work environment to work for. However it has some cons. I sometimes feel, it does not have strong policies to deal with compensation and growth perspective from an employee's point of view, rather deal equally with pupil based on their experience. Overall I think it is nice company to work for if you are satisfied with the compensation they provide. They provide good leave policies and flexible hours of working."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Posted last month in Atlanta, GA

"I've worked for Dell for two years and enjoy the company but I am concerned about layoffs."

Enterprise Engineer
Posted last month in Oklahoma City, OK

"I worked for Dell for 8 years. In that time I fixed many issues and was around for many changes. It was interesting to see how much things in the company changed while staying the same. It is a good place to start out but not much room for improvement since there are so many people trying to get the same few jobs that aren't frontline support."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Posted last month in Round Rock, TX

"Dell is a growing company where solutions and talented ideas are desired. One needs to understand the Dell culture and how it works to be effective within Dell."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Engineering Intern
Posted 2 months ago in Dallas, TX

"Good workplace. Learned a lot during the internship period, but I guess it's not enough to get a full understanding of a company in only a two-month period."

Digital Marketing Communications Manager

Technical Account Manager
Posted 2 months ago in Round Rock, TX

"Good company until 2009. Hope it rebounds."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5