BAE Systems Reviews

On average, employees at BAE Systems give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest BAE Systems employees are Programmer Analysts submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Lead Systems Analysts with a rating of 4.8. Browse BAE Systems Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 265 BAE Systems Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.6
Support You Get 3.8
Way You Work 4.1
Work Setting 3.9
Posted 10 months ago in Burlington, MA

"As far as direct management goes, I feel that BAE shines with communication and directness with employees. My supervisor cares about my happiness and career development, and I work on a highly capable team of intelligent individuals. Upper management has some work to do with transparency and willingness to inform employees when major company changes are to happen."

420 BAE Systems Company Reviews and Ratings

Posted last week in McLean, VA

"It is a great company to move to a new position. They provide resources and training to expedite your advance."

Posted this month in Endicott, NY

"I have been working for BAE systems for almost one year. The employees enjoy a family-like culture which allows them to reach out to their colleagues as well as superiors without any hesitation in case of any problem or concerns."

BAE Systems (420)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Miles Technologies (18)
2.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Retalix Ltd. (11)
Marine Electrician
Posted last month in Norfolk, VA

"Great company to work for. Would recommend to everyone who is looking for employment with a skilled trade."

Processor
Posted last month in York, PA

"BAE overall is a good place to work and I really enjoyed my work. I've held 4 positions there and really enjoyed all of them. But BAE is a defense contractor. If the military budget gets cut, folks at BAE get laid off. It's the nature of the business. For the new folks, be prepared for when that time comes. It's not IF the time comes, it's WHEN."

Average BAE Systems Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Posted 4 months ago in Endicott, NY

"I've worked at this company for 10 yrs and find that there is great potential if were not for their management."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Los Angeles, CA

"BAE Systems was a successful company before it moved from Santa Monica facility (Lear Astronics, Marconi) to Los Angeles. Soon after the move, it struggled to get new contracts and thus closed its site and relocated back to the east coast. Most of the managers were excellent mentors and very helpful. But, unfortunately, most of the time the engineers were working on too many projects, and not enough help. The company had approximately 1000 employees."

Posted 4 months ago in North Charleston, SC

"BAE is plagued with a stiff and dry corporate culture that discourages innovation. Projects are driven solely by budget and schedule; quality and customer satisfaction are seldom considered. Management is often draconian, focusing on petty infractions while tolerating mediocre work performance. Business processes are archaic and redundant where paper forms are printed to be retyped and printed again while Excel dominates as the database of choice."

Posted 4 months ago in Columbia, SC

"I worked on the DOJ USATTY Contract for over 18 years, I moved from the DC area to Columbia SC to start up the new location for the help desk, trained a solid crew then moved to the mail team. Was in the process of upgrading/replacing old archive systems and mail systems to new servers and OS from exchange 2010 to 2013. I got laid off due to budget cuts."

Posted 4 months ago in Nashua, NH

"I have worked for 5 yrs. Good working environment and co-workers. The compensation and benefit cannot compete with other peers and commercial but most projects are try to solve cutting edge problem and is very interesting."

Business Analyst
Posted 4 months ago in Mary Esther, FL

"A great company to learn and grow."

Posted 4 months ago in Austin, TX

"BAE has gone through a lot of positive and negative changes in its IT division and continues to struggle with leadership and stable direction depending on the tower you are in. If you are fortunate enough to get connected with the right people, getting problems resolved is much easier."

Posted 5 months ago in Burlington, MA

"I have been with BAE Systems for 3 years. The work environment is very relaxed and the projects are very much on the cutting edge of technology. Depending on your role you get to do a lot of interesting algorithm development. The environment is somewhat anti social but the work ethic is great."

Posted 6 months ago in Washington, DC

"Strong company with good ethical values."

Machinist
Posted 6 months ago in Crestview, FL

"I worked for BAE for 10 plus years. BAE had good employees, but BAE didn't utilize the talents at this facility."

Machinist
Posted 6 months ago in Crestview, FL

"Our company didn't really know all of our capabilities and didn't use our area very well. We had good employees, but we were always having downsizing at the beginning of the year, but now we were shut down."