Raytheon Reviews

On average, employees at Raytheon give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Raytheon employees are Material Program Managers submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Principal Multidisciplined Engineers with a rating of 4.6. Browse Raytheon Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 354 Raytheon Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.6
Work Setting 3.7

Raytheon Jobs

536 Raytheon Company Reviews and Ratings

4.4Posted 4 months ago in Tucson, AZ
"I've worked for Raytheon since 2006 and it is a wonderful work environment that provides and opportunity for growth."
Principal Systems Engineer
Posted this week in Tucson, AZ

"Raytheon has been a great company to work for. Unfortunately the engineering management has embarked on an ill advised approach to improving workforce capability by emphasizing leadership over technical expertise of individual contributors. They are definitely not focused on employee retention."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Lead Systems Engineer
Posted last week

"Raytheon is very strong company with lots of potential within Aerospace and Defense industry. Employees are treated well. Compensation could improve but with overall great work environment and flexibility company is doing great job."

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

Raytheon (536)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is LAMBDA Electronics (13)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Methode Electronics (8)
Data Center Manager
Posted last week in Pasadena, CA

"I have worked for Raytheon Mission Solutions in Pasadena, CA since 2001 and found it to be innovative and satisfying place to work. The fast paced technical and web development work kept the staff energized and motivated and frequent All-Hands Meetings and Corporate Sponsored Events made the work environment feel comfortable and more intimate than most large scale companies. The JPL customer insured that there were constantly new challenges to tackle and new web media to create. All in all…. a great place to work!"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Woburn, MA

"Only work there if you are unconcerned if you have a job tomorrow or not. They treat people like numbers. There is less humanity and respect of employees at Raytheon than ANY company that I've worked for in my 40 years in the high-tech industry. Oh yeah, and they keep thinking they've "invented" all sorts of new ways to work. What a bunch of deluded pompous fools."

Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Way You Work 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5

Average Raytheon Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Posted 2 months ago in El Segundo, CA

"Great company but need more competent highly paid people who can get the job done. The company tends to "averaged" everyone so high performers tend to feel let down by management. Hard to move up in the company since managers value "what have you done for me lately" rather than technical acumen."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Pasadena, CA

"I've worked for Raytheon for 5 years. It's very much a big company with "big company" ideas with regards to change and innovation. I think it's a great place to retire, but not the right place for young people with fresh ideas."

Work Setting 1 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Health Safety and Environmental Manager
Posted 2 months ago in Chula Vista, CA

"Good place to work, great employees but there is so much politics with this company. Upper management is very insecure and micro managers. Since it's a Military contractor work is up and down and contracts come and go fast."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Dallas, TX

"I worked first at Raytheon when they acquired the defense business from TI and then until the group I was associated with was divested to L-3 Communications. When Raytheon was transitioning technology from California to Texas, I returned to find that the integrity and moral attitude of the group had improved significantly during my absence; new ideas were embraced and accepted, people were involved in decisions. When contracts are available, Raytheon SAS was a great place to work."

Company Culture 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Sterling, VA

"Raytheon is a great company for missiles, radars, etc. But the services organization (particularly IIS) struggles to thrive against other competitors such as LMCO, Leidos, BAH, NGC, etc. Company strongly promotes moving personnel to difference positions which they are clearly not qualified for or have the experience to perform. Company looks for strategic hires but then tends to ignore them."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Person You Work For 2 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Training and Development Specialist
Posted 3 months ago in Waltham, MA

"I enjoyed my time there and the people I worked with. Unfortunately, I had to leave to go back to school, as I wanted to change my career path."

Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Field Service Technician
Posted 3 months ago in Salt Lake City, UT

"I've worked with Raytheon since 2010. It was a decent company to work for, although the high-up people didn't seem to show much respect for their actual employees. They consider you easily replaceable, like they are looking at numbers. Although, it is very conflicting, because they waste money left and right when it doesn't come to things besides personnel. However, the pay was really well, but the hours away from home made family life suffer."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Person You Work For 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Warner Robins, GA

"While the company itself is fine, It like many others these days doesn't invest a lot into training it's field personnel. The training is all on the job. Don't expect to have people pay for you to keep up with technology. That will all be on your own dime. Fortunately the pay is slightly higher than the average. That makes up for the lack of training support."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in El Segundo, CA

"Good place to start a career."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Tucson, AZ

"I worked for Raytheon Missile Systems for 7 years an was laid-off last year."

People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Washington, DC

"Great company, fantastic working environment, great co workers."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5