We're not sure where that is... Please try another location.
3.7 (448)
Industry: Computer and Electronic Manufacturing - HQ: Waltham, MA

Raytheon Reviews

(based on 269 Raytheon Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.5
Work Setting 3.7
Raytheon JobsView All »

448 Raytheon Company Reviews and Ratings

Posted this week

"This internship was a great insight into what a Software Developer would be doing. It helped me realize that it is not what I want to do as a career as a recent graduate as a computer engineer. The management was a great team to work with and very laid back with an open door policy, making them approachable at any time. The laboratory testing of the coding and opportunity to work with Hubble Telescope team was awesome."

Person You Work For 5 Work Setting 5 People You Work With 5
Support You Get 5 Company Culture 5 Rewards You Receive 5
Growth Opportunities 5 Way You Work 5

Company Rating Comparison

Raytheon (448)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Instrumentation Laboratory (10)
2.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Sparton (5)
Posted this week in Tucson, AZ

"I've worked for Raytheon since 2009 and have found it a very satisfying technical place to work at. However my work often got bogged down in processes which were not always fully defined."

People You Work With 4 Support You Get 3 Way You Work 2
Person You Work For 2 Work Setting 3 Rewards You Receive 5
Growth Opportunities 3 Company Culture 3

Average Raytheon Ratings in the Past 5 Years

Posted last month in El Segundo, CA

"I retired from Raytheon in August 2014."

Growth Opportunities 5 Rewards You Receive 5 People You Work With 5

"great people"
9 Reviewers
Systems Engineer
Posted last month in Largo, FL

"I began at E Systems which later was swallowed up by Raytheon. I wrote sw code for a spread spectrum communication system. The sw language was C/C++. I initially enjoyed my position there. I wore many hats there. I was an adaptable engineer. Over the years it became too bureaucratic. But I survived."

Growth Opportunities 3 Company Culture 3 Support You Get 3
Person You Work For 5 Work Setting 3 Way You Work 4
Rewards You Receive 5 People You Work With 5
Posted last month in Melbourne, FL

"I've worked on Ascension Island since 2012. The job is okay but it is a very isolated location. There is no opportunity for advancement and the pay is low."

Support You Get 3 Rewards You Receive 1 Person You Work For 3
Way You Work 2 Growth Opportunities 1 Work Setting 2
People You Work With 4 Company Culture 2
Material Program Manager
Posted last month in El Segundo, CA

"I worked for Raytheon (Hughes Aircraft) for over 30 years. This company is very good working with employees and suppliers."

Company Culture 5 Growth Opportunities 5 Way You Work 5
Support You Get 5 Person You Work For 5 Work Setting 5
Rewards You Receive 5 People You Work With 5
Test Operator
Posted last month in Andover, MA

"I have been working at Raytheon for two years and it's is a good company. The pay is good and has decent benefits. Unfortunately the focus on seniority really alienates all of us new hires regardless of skill."

Person You Work For 3 Support You Get 2 Growth Opportunities 1
People You Work With 4 Company Culture 3 Work Setting 3
Way You Work 4 Rewards You Receive 4
Senior Electronics Technician
Posted 2 months ago in Dallas, TX

"For a company that forces all underlings to take ethics training, the upper half seemed to have missed their training."

Rewards You Receive 3 Work Setting 1 Support You Get 2
Person You Work For 3 Growth Opportunities 1 Way You Work 4
Company Culture 2 People You Work With 4
Posted 2 months ago in American Fork, UT

"Raytheon, for the most part, hires engineers that meet all of the job requirements posted for an opening. Raytheon, for the most part, is an engineering driven company. Raytheon SI, a group within Raytheon IIS, hires mostly 20-somethings for black, white or gray box vulnerability testing."

Rewards You Receive 5 Support You Get 4 Person You Work For 3
Work Setting 5 Way You Work 3 People You Work With 3
Company Culture 5 Growth Opportunities 4
Posted 2 months ago in Wilmington, MA

"Only sprockets, cogs, and widgets should consider working at Raytheon because that's how you'll be treated. Very poor software support; disgruntled IT staff; smallest cubicles EVER; on the other hand, there is an excellent cafeteria; and great benefits."

Rewards You Receive 5 People You Work With 2 Growth Opportunities 1
Work Setting 1 Support You Get 1 Company Culture 1
Way You Work 1 Person You Work For 5
Design Engineer
Posted 2 months ago in Tewksbury, MA

"At the time, Raytheon was a political workplace where you had to play BAll to get ahead there."

Company Culture 2 Growth Opportunities 2 Work Setting 2
People You Work With 4 Support You Get 4 Way You Work 2
Rewards You Receive 1 Person You Work For 2
Posted 3 months ago in Andover, MA

"I worked for Raytheon for almost 4 years during a period of excellent performance. Organization is extremely process driven and attempts to reach its goals. Like many cyclic companies performance goes through cycles and a 10-20% layoff in engineering led to my departure. Work balance and the 9-80 schedule were two important aspects that I enjoyed."

Company Culture 4 Work Setting 3 Growth Opportunities 3
Way You Work 4 People You Work With 4 Rewards You Receive 4
Support You Get 4 Person You Work For 4
Posted 3 months ago in Troy, MI

"I have worked here for 9 years and have mostly enjoyed my experience. My job allows me to help shape the direction of what technologies are implemented which is rewarding. The down side is that there seems to be more extras and perks of working here that are taken away or reduced every year. Granted, the economy declined the past couple years, but there seems to be little things that they could do to improve morale. There is no clear path to advance from my position which is frustrating."

Way You Work 5 Growth Opportunities 3 People You Work With 4
Support You Get 5 Person You Work For 5 Work Setting 2
Rewards You Receive 3 Company Culture 2
Posted 3 months ago in Goleta, CA

"Raytheon is an excellent company. Raytheon Vision Systems is located in the Santa Barbara County and is less than a mile from the beach. Often there are functions or events that take place outside of work and it is easy to find yourself spending time with your coworkers. Hard work, but important work!"

Growth Opportunities 5 Rewards You Receive 4 Support You Get 4
Way You Work 4 People You Work With 4 Work Setting 4
Person You Work For 4 Company Culture 4
Posted 3 months ago

"I worked over 8 years supporting the Global Hawk Ground Segment Network Data Center. Raytheon has good work ethic policies. I have learn to work with a team of professionals to get the job task done in a timely manner. I have traveled different parts of the world supporting the Air Force network ground network data centers. I am a team player who works well with other and I have good communication skills communicating with the customer."

People You Work With 5 Support You Get 5 Rewards You Receive 5
Person You Work For 4 Company Culture 5 Work Setting 5
Growth Opportunities 5 Way You Work 4
Jobs You Might Like
Principal Software Engineer
Product Area Chief Engineer
Dir I Business Development
Goleta, CA
Remote Pilot Operator - Ontario Intl ATCT(ONT)
Ontario, CA