Raytheon Reviews

On average, employees at Raytheon give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Raytheon employees are Material Program Managers submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Principal Multidisciplined Engineers with a rating of 4.6. Browse Raytheon Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 360 Raytheon Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.6
Way You Work 3.9
Work Setting 3.7

542 Raytheon Company Reviews and Ratings

3.9Posted 2 months ago in Pasadena, CA
"I have worked for Raytheon Mission Solutions in Pasadena, CA since 2001 and found it to be innovative and satisfying place to work. The fast paced technical and web development work kept the staff energized and motivated and frequent All-Hands Meetings and Corporate Sponsored Events made the work environment feel comfortable and more intimate than most large scale companies. The JPL customer insured that there were constantly new challenges to tackle and new web media to create. All in all…. a great place to work!"
Posted last month in Aurora, CO

"The company employs around 10,000 people in several different divisions. I only worked for missile systems and IIS. I preferred missile system."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Posted last month in Indianapolis, IN

"I've worked at Raytheon since January 2011. The DoD experience has been an enjoyable marketplace and experience. The satisfaction of developing products that impact our warfighter is very fulfilling."

Company Culture 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5

Raytheon (542)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is LAMBDA Electronics (13)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Methode Electronics (8)
Posted last month

"The company is good to work for as long as you keep your head down. If you are a squeaky wheel you will soon become a scapegoat. Case in point is that I was ordered to perform changes on a system, by my immediate supervisor. I made the said changes and reported them to the higher ups. I am then terminated because they lost confidence in my abilities because the changes ordered changed the support contract. No blame was accepted anywhere in the chain and I shouldered all responsibility. Thus, I am in the job market again."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5
Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Forensic Analyst
Posted last month in El Segundo, CA

"This is not a good company to work for. This is why Raytheon has such a high turnover rate! The atmosphere is tumultuous and there is no trust between management and employees and employees and management. If you do decide to work for them, document EVERYTHING to CYA."

Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
People You Work With 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5

Average Raytheon Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Posted last month in McKinney, TX

"I have worked for Raytheon over 15 Years. Originally designated to oversee the flying prober development, working on small quantity that were than moved to bed of nail testers. Later requisitioned to work on both flying prober and bed of nail tester development, produced well over 2 hundred programs and fixtures over the course the years. Responsible for Shop monthly reports identifying FPY and recurring issues as well as solutions to resolve these problems. Worked with MFG engineers to ensure the procurement of correct components, also created excel data files to help technicians access the location of over 500 Spectrum fixtures with both in the shop and in third party storage. Continuously assisted Technicians improve their troubleshooting skill through on the job training aids. Involved in DFT programs with various design engineers, and completed training for Six Sigma improvements on a yearly basis, also completed classes in ESD, Safety and other OSHA requirements."

Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Posted 2 months ago in Tucson, AZ

"Not a bad job if you're looking to work a 9-5 for 30 years."

Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Principal Systems Engineer
Posted 2 months ago in Tucson, AZ

"Raytheon has been a great company to work for. Unfortunately the engineering management has embarked on an ill advised approach to improving workforce capability by emphasizing leadership over technical expertise of individual contributors. They are definitely not focused on employee retention."

People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Lead Systems Engineer
Posted 2 months ago

"Raytheon is very strong company with lots of potential within Aerospace and Defense industry. Employees are treated well. Compensation could improve but with overall great work environment and flexibility company is doing great job."

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Woburn, MA

"Only work there if you are unconcerned if you have a job tomorrow or not. They treat people like numbers. There is less humanity and respect of employees at Raytheon than ANY company that I've worked for in my 40 years in the high-tech industry. Oh yeah, and they keep thinking they've "invented" all sorts of new ways to work. What a bunch of deluded pompous fools."

Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Way You Work 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in El Segundo, CA

"Great company but need more competent highly paid people who can get the job done. The company tends to "averaged" everyone so high performers tend to feel let down by management. Hard to move up in the company since managers value "what have you done for me lately" rather than technical acumen."

Way You Work 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Pasadena, CA

"I've worked for Raytheon for 5 years. It's very much a big company with "big company" ideas with regards to change and innovation. I think it's a great place to retire, but not the right place for young people with fresh ideas."

Work Setting 1 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Health Safety and Environmental Manager
Posted 4 months ago in Chula Vista, CA

"Good place to work, great employees but there is so much politics with this company. Upper management is very insecure and micro managers. Since it's a Military contractor work is up and down and contracts come and go fast."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Dallas, TX

"I worked first at Raytheon when they acquired the defense business from TI and then until the group I was associated with was divested to L-3 Communications. When Raytheon was transitioning technology from California to Texas, I returned to find that the integrity and moral attitude of the group had improved significantly during my absence; new ideas were embraced and accepted, people were involved in decisions. When contracts are available, Raytheon SAS was a great place to work."

Company Culture 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Sterling, VA

"Raytheon is a great company for missiles, radars, etc. But the services organization (particularly IIS) struggles to thrive against other competitors such as LMCO, Leidos, BAH, NGC, etc. Company strongly promotes moving personnel to difference positions which they are clearly not qualified for or have the experience to perform. Company looks for strategic hires but then tends to ignore them."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5