Raytheon Reviews

On average, employees at Raytheon give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Raytheon employees are Material Program Managers submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Principal Multidisciplined Engineers with a rating of 4.6. Browse Raytheon Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 366 Raytheon Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.6
Support You Get 3.7
Way You Work 3.8
Work Setting 3.7
Posted 2 months ago in Pasadena, CA

"I have worked for Raytheon Mission Solutions in Pasadena, CA since 2001 and found it to be innovative and satisfying place to work. The fast paced technical and web development work kept the staff energized and motivated and frequent All-Hands Meetings and Corporate Sponsored Events made the work environment feel comfortable and more intimate than most large scale companies. The JPL customer insured that there were constantly new challenges to tackle and new web media to create. All in all…. a great place to work!"

550 Raytheon Company Reviews and Ratings

Posted a day ago in Goleta, CA

"A great company to work with but too much training on ethics and safety."

Senior Systems Engineer
Posted this week in Woburn, MA

"I have worked for Raytheon for over a decade. They may not pay the most, or pay the least, but they treat you well. We have low single digit performance sharing, but there are many offsite assignments that give me incentives to take the position. So far, it has been mighty lucrative, although the assignments that I have taken are no longer challenging."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Raytheon (550)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Intersil (8)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Methode Electronics (8)
Posted last week in McKinney, TX

"Good company, going through a business culture transition from dedicated DoD products to international commercial business. Significant changes underway. Worth a look for future career challenges. Not good for traditional DoD legacy employees. Good place for military veterans."

Senior Architect
Posted this month in Greenbelt, MD

"I've worked for Raytheon Company for the past 6 years, and have greatly enjoyed the people, the company, and the culture. Although Raytheon is a very large company, the organization remains approachable, and not nearly as hierarchical as one might think."

Average Raytheon Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Senior NET Developer
Posted last month in Plano, TX

"Overall a good company to work for."

Posted last month in Aurora, CO

"The company employs around 10,000 people in several different divisions. I only worked for missile systems and IIS. I preferred missile system."

Posted last month in Indianapolis, IN

"I've worked at Raytheon since January 2011. The DoD experience has been an enjoyable marketplace and experience. The satisfaction of developing products that impact our warfighter is very fulfilling."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Posted last month

"The company is good to work for as long as you keep your head down. If you are a squeaky wheel you will soon become a scapegoat. Case in point is that I was ordered to perform changes on a system, by my immediate supervisor. I made the said changes and reported them to the higher ups. I am then terminated because they lost confidence in my abilities because the changes ordered changed the support contract. No blame was accepted anywhere in the chain and I shouldered all responsibility. Thus, I am in the job market again."

Forensic Analyst
Posted last month in El Segundo, CA

"This is not a good company to work for. This is why Raytheon has such a high turnover rate! The atmosphere is tumultuous and there is no trust between management and employees and employees and management. If you do decide to work for them, document EVERYTHING to CYA."

Posted last month in McKinney, TX

"I have worked for Raytheon over 15 Years. Originally designated to oversee the flying prober development, working on small quantity that were than moved to bed of nail testers. Later requisitioned to work on both flying prober and bed of nail tester development, produced well over 2 hundred programs and fixtures over the course the years. Responsible for Shop monthly reports identifying FPY and recurring issues as well as solutions to resolve these problems. Worked with MFG engineers to ensure the procurement of correct components, also created excel data files to help technicians access the location of over 500 Spectrum fixtures with both in the shop and in third party storage. Continuously assisted Technicians improve their troubleshooting skill through on the job training aids. Involved in DFT programs with various design engineers, and completed training for Six Sigma improvements on a yearly basis, also completed classes in ESD, Safety and other OSHA requirements."

Posted 2 months ago in Tucson, AZ

"Not a bad job if you're looking to work a 9-5 for 30 years."

Principal Systems Engineer
Posted 2 months ago in Tucson, AZ

"Raytheon has been a great company to work for. Unfortunately the engineering management has embarked on an ill advised approach to improving workforce capability by emphasizing leadership over technical expertise of individual contributors. They are definitely not focused on employee retention."

Lead Systems Engineer
Posted 2 months ago

"Raytheon is very strong company with lots of potential within Aerospace and Defense industry. Employees are treated well. Compensation could improve but with overall great work environment and flexibility company is doing great job."

Data Center Manager
Posted 2 months ago in Pasadena, CA

Posted 4 months ago in Woburn, MA

"Only work there if you are unconcerned if you have a job tomorrow or not. They treat people like numbers. There is less humanity and respect of employees at Raytheon than ANY company that I've worked for in my 40 years in the high-tech industry. Oh yeah, and they keep thinking they've "invented" all sorts of new ways to work. What a bunch of deluded pompous fools."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5