Moog Aircraft Group
3.1 (10)
HQ: East Aurora, NY

Moog Aircraft Group Reviews

(based on 9 Moog Aircraft Group Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.0
Work Setting 3.4

10 Moog Aircraft Group Company Reviews and Ratings

Assembler
Posted last year in North Tonawanda, NY

"Working here was comparable to getting mugged in a parking garage."

What do you like about working at Moog Aircraft Group?

"High tech equipment, generally smart people, 50% of the people were nice."

"Be prepared to be fired if people find you a threat to their position. If you show free thinking, dedication, and interest, you will be deemed a threat, fired, and discredited, especially if you are starting in department 144 and have to deal with the male process manager, the human development manager, and the female version of Golem with the tattoos. ( I won't give names because this site asks me not to), but if you don't listen to me, you'll find out soon enough: Trust me, take 4 more weeks and look elsewhere. Oh, and if you don't have a blood-relative that works there, don't even bother. You'll never be an engineer either, every engineer is scouted from another company. I just saved 2 years of your life, you're welcome."

What don't you like about working at Moog Aircraft Group?

"I'll start from the beginning. April 11' - Hired, trained, introduced, welcomed. June 11' - Went to second shift, worked independently, 0 mistakes, got to know a few co-workers on a personal level and developed relationships, displayed a notable interest in everything around me because I actually was. July 11' to the Sept 11' - Due to my Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering and family connection, I felt I was on my way to being full-time, 0 mistakes, 100% attendance, graciously thanked for my efforts. This is when I was deemed a threat to the positions of the other full-time people, I ignored it and just worked as I usually would. 100% perfect operational record, complimented by senior employees. Oct - 11' I left my phone at work one day, I went in to get it, 7 missed calls, 3 voice mails. I was told that my assignment had ended because I wasn't getting it., A full time female employee developed a strong dislike for me, and since she recently became in charge, I was on her hit-list. These people let me go for a made up reason, failed to give me an actual reason, and apparently did it guilt-free. Unless you favor this kind of treatment, don't even bother with Moog Aircraft Group. I saw people fired for excessive poor work ethic, performance, forgery, and other severe things, I have an education and a relative there, I was fired for being what the philosophy actually wanted. Don't let them lure you in with their high salary, it's a smoke screen for what the is company is: a massive waste of precious time. Trust me, how could I make this up"

"These people are pure evil, they give a bad name to larger business. You cannot see 10 feet in front of your face because the ego is so thick."

People You Work With 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Person You Work For 2 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Worldwide Designer
Posted this month in Torrance, CA

"Great company and great people"

What do you like about working at Moog Aircraft Group?

"The people, the culture, the work, and the opportunities to exceed."

"Moog's culture is everything. You need to understand before interviewing."

What don't you like about working at Moog Aircraft Group?

"I enjoyed working for Moog. Moog is a good company to work for."

"Process Improvements is key for their success and continue the great culture"

Company Culture 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average Moog Aircraft Group Ratings in the Past 5 Years

2012 $2
Project Support Representative
Posted 2 years ago in Torrance, CA

"Disappointing - not a good place for a new employee."

What do you like about working at Moog Aircraft Group?

"The vast majority of the employees are concerned and dedicated; and are actually very nice individuals. There is good exposure to aerospace work and that needs to be noted as the greatest positive. However, this does not offset the negatives of the organization as a whole. At best, the positives and the negatives are equal."

"Regretably, absolutely dreaded going to work at Moog on Mondays because I knew the week would be difficult and miserable. Treasured beyond belief departing on Friday afternoon and looking forward to the weekend, which always passed by too quickly. Other new employees may be fortunate and enjoy your time there; but if you can work somewhere else, do so."

What don't you like about working at Moog Aircraft Group?

"The location is difficult to get to and depart from unless you live in Torrance. The very few people who are unpleasant to work with are the most scheming, conniving, deceitful, cutthroat dishonest, individuals that one will likely ever encounter. Also, most employees have worked only at Moog. Not uncommon to find many people who have worked there 30 plus years; most 20 plus years. This creates a mindset - work relationships are already formed. When professional schools teach about employees who believe their professional knowledge is suberb because all they know is the procedures in their company and nothing else, they are talking about Moog employees. Short term logic prevails. Making two cents profit in the coming week at the expense of losing one million plus dollars over the next year is what generally rules. Cannot understand why so many people would want to work in such an organization for such a long period of time.It is obvious many employees make Moog the company their life.The organization makes completing tasks at Moog very difficult."

"Better balance among employees with regard to length of employment. Some individuals have no accountability - especially in project management area. No on-boarding. Moog needs to know there is a difference between familiarization and training. New employees unless they have a unique manager, are left to fend for themselves. When you encounter a dishonest cheating employee who has been there for a few years plus when you have an unsupportive manager, you will have problems.The company's computer system is unique only to Moog and is outdated. Company is striving to bring their IT system into the 21st century - and this is twelve years after the new century began. Upper management may be the problem. Management may want to review their own performance and make changes; but that will never happen. So do the next best thing: fire people who create problems and cause organizational losses no matter how long those persons are employed by the company."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Way You Work 3.8 / 5
Assembly Technician
Posted 2 years ago in Elma, NY

What do you like about working at Moog Aircraft Group?

"it is very hard to see anything positive here to much infighting"

"If you are not related, you are out of luck. sorry."

What don't you like about working at Moog Aircraft Group?

"everyone passes the buck never it is never there fault"

"two many layer of management should cut 3/4 of them"

People You Work With 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5
Maintenance Specialist
Posted 2 years ago
People You Work With 4.8 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.8 / 5
Work Setting 4.8 / 5 Company Culture 4.8 / 5 Way You Work 4.7 / 5
Way You Work 4.9 / 5 Person You Work For 4.8 / 5
Contractor
Posted 3 years ago

What do you like about working at Moog Aircraft Group?

"The pay. Pretty much the only decent thing there is the pay and i'll say the work itself if decent and fun to work with."

"If you don't have connections like me, be prepared to be a temp for a long time. If your in dept 144 which is where I'm at, you better know your job, if you mess up even once, you can kiss your job there goodbye. I've seen people only last a month. I'm becoming a rare breed there, the temps in 144 who have been there 3+ yrs like me is becoming an odd thing. If you hate being a long term temp, don't complain, just look for other perm work, which is what i'm doing."

What don't you like about working at Moog Aircraft Group?

"Where to begin.. Currently still working there. Been there for 3yrs as a temp, I am Looking to leave. I just don't like the fact that they string you along in hopes of making it perm, meanwhile if you have a family member or friend working there, your in the door within 3months. People like me with no connections, your placed on the back burner. I also don't care for the process managers. Most of them have no clue about their own jobs let alone other peoples, and temps.. they could care less. I asked to have a sit down with my boss and I got blown off. Shows how much they care. And alot of the perm employees who were connected are beyond cocky. It's redic how people act over there. And the final complaint, Saturdays! While management openly says its optional to work sat, if you happen to take a day off, they tend not to like that. But most people have lives outside of moog, and they tend to not realize that."

"Start doing what most places do with temps after a period of time, HIRE. Most places roll a temp to perm after 6mos to a yr of service. Not Moog. There, your in your temp position indefinitely. Currently Moog's workforce has 25% temps, it's supposed to be 10%. Start hiring the temps who have been there for yrs. We obviously proved ourselves. But you guys dont care. As long as your income isn't affected."

Work Setting 4.5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1.2 / 5 People You Work With 1.4 / 5
Person You Work For 1.1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.6 / 5 Way You Work 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.8 / 5 Company Culture 3.7 / 5
Administrative Assistant
Posted 4 years ago in Torrance, CA

"Currently Moog is downsizing to bear minimum due to the economy"

"Good employees"

What don't you like about working at Moog Aircraft Group?

"Being let go due to the economy"