Walt Disney World Reviews Browse Walt Disney World Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Walt Disney World give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Walt Disney World employees are Cast Members submitting an average rating of 3.9 and Interns with a rating of 3.7.

(based on 39 Walt Disney World Review Ratings)
Company Culture 4.0
Growth Opportunities 3.3
People You Work With 4.2
Person You Work For 4.0
Rewards You Receive 3.5
Support You Get 3.8
Way You Work 3.8
Work Setting 3.9
"I worked at Disney for two short back-to-back contracts as a Senior Technical Writer/Business Analyst Consultant. It was, by far, the most fulfilling and enjoyable role of my career. I enjoyed the work, the boss, the team, the creativity, the cooperation, the wonderful, up-beat culture -- everything. I cannot say enough good things about my consulting work at Disney. Unfortunately, budget prevented me from coming on board as a permanent employee and/or extending the contracts. I love Disney!"
Posted 7 months ago in Lake Buena Vista, FL

67 Walt Disney World Company Reviews and Ratings Browse Walt Disney World Reviews by Job Title →

Posted last week in Orlando, FL

"I have worked at the company for over 17 years and in the IT department I have seen more outsourcing and degrade of service. I am hopeful that this gets turned around and work is as expected."

Senior Java Developer
Posted last month in Lake Buena Vista, FL

"I've worked for Walt Disney World as a Senior Java Developer on the enterprise portal since 2005."

Walt Disney World (67)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is Boyd Gaming (9)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Insurity Group (7)
Posted 2 months ago in Glendale, CA

"Worked for WDPRO for 3 years, very fun environment and good people."

Secretary
Posted 5 months ago in Orlando, FL

"I loved working for the Walt Disney World company for over 20 years. I grew and learned every day. Had a variety of roles and my last role supporting the national weddings director was my most enjoyable."

Average Walt Disney World Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
Posted 7 months ago in Kissimmee, FL

"I have worked at Hollywood Studios for the past 3 years at attractions such as Fantasmic! the Beauty and the Beast show and Rockin' Roller coaster. My co-workers and supervisors are some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. It is just not a place I would like to make a career at."

Senior Technical Writer
Posted 7 months ago in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Marketing Analytics Intern
Posted 9 months ago in Orlando, FL

"I have been working with Walt Disney since Jan 2014. It is a great learning experience and I am getting great knowledge of the professional world."

Posted 10 months ago in Orlando, FL

"Truly where the magic happens."

Senior Technical Writer
Posted 10 months ago in Lake Buena Vista, FL

"Great place to work if you can actually get hired full-time. Unfortunately, since the economic downturn of 2009, Disney relies mainly on contractors and temps. I believe one statistic I heard (unverified) is at approximately half of the 50,000 people at Walt Disney World are temps or contractors."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Posted this month in Orlando, FL

"I have worked for the Walt Disney Company since 2006 and have been there ever since. The work environment is good but needs to be utilized better. Management within the company is excellent but resources are needed to do a better job. Disney World employees hundreds of workers every day and opportunities to move up are fairly easy to do. Moving around to different locations and also applying for different positions is easy."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Entertainment Manager
Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"Disney World was a great first and continual seasonal employment opportunity. The skills that you learn by working at Disney are great for any later job experience that a cast member may have."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Host
Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"My experience with this company was the worst experience of my life."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"The only good thing about working for the company is sometimes you get free food, and free admission into the parks."

"If you interview for this company don't ever agree to being in food and beverage unless for some weird reason you like to clean up after people, then go for it. They gave me the option to be a safety guy at the water park, but I do not know why they put me in food and beverage."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"Working at Disney World's food and beverage was the worst decision of my life. They make you wear a stupid costume, and most of the time you're just walking around doing nothing. I feel like a loser working there, like I'm not even important. You're just there so you can have a job. They usually put you in the kitchen serving food, on the register, the greeter, or in the dining room where I am every day. I complained to the manager that I want to be on cash register, but they said I have to show efficiency in the dining room, which would be stupid because you'll just be standing there with a broom and dustpan, and when you see someone drop a French fry, you have to run over and sweep it up. I don't clean up after people and that is not what I applied for."

"Management should give everyone a chance to do something different and let them learn how to do something other than sweeping and emptying trash bags."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Watercraft Boat Pilot
Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"Get a good job outside and buy the annual WDW pass, and skip the WDW management BS."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I enjoy operating different vessels on the water and SOME good people to work with."

"If Disney is a place you love then dont work there. Its disheartening to see some things that go on. Its fun for a little while but the pay rate is not sufficient - $ 8/hr, no benefits, and working till 1 a.m. on weekends."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"Managers are incompetent, watching TV, or shopping online. The way they treat blue collar workers reflects on the way the staff treats others and is just not a feel good environment. The pay being not enough is an understatement. I have too much responsibility and not enough support. The union is totally useless, wont even return your phone calls, and just takes your dues."

"Lots! Spend more time seeing what boat captains' experiences on the job are like. Make rules based on observations and hands-on experiences. Negotiate better pay rates and work harder at keeping people happy."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Merchandiser
Posted 2 years ago in Orlando, FL

"I was in a very happy place while working here."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I loved working for this company. I wish it could have been longer."

"It was worth every minute I was there, and I would highly recommend giving it a shot."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I didn't like living out of state and wanting to keep my job."

"Keep up the good work. I feel that employees may have hard days, but all in all it's a great place."

Posted 2 years ago in Orlando, FL

"Loved the company but had problems with two of the managers."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I love the company and all that it entails. I liked the experience of having roommates."

"Be ready to work hard and take abuse from guests."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I didn't like the lack of confidence in and respect for the employees from management."

"Have a little faith in your people and you might be surprised."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5