Walt Disney World Reviews

On average, employees at Walt Disney World give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Walt Disney World employees are Cast Members submitting an average rating of 3.9 and Interns with a rating of 3.7. Browse Walt Disney World Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 35 Walt Disney World Review Ratings)
Company Culture 4.0
Way You Work 3.7
Work Setting 3.9

63 Walt Disney World Company Reviews and Ratings

5.0Posted 5 months ago in Lake Buena Vista, FL
"I worked at Disney for two short back-to-back contracts as a Senior Technical Writer/Business Analyst Consultant. It was, by far, the most fulfilling and enjoyable role of my career. I enjoyed the work, the boss, the team, the creativity, the cooperation, the wonderful, up-beat culture -- everything. I cannot say enough good things about my consulting work at Disney. Unfortunately, budget prevented me from coming on board as a permanent employee and/or extending the contracts. I love Disney!"
Secretary
Posted 3 months ago in Orlando, FL

"I loved working for the Walt Disney World company for over 20 years. I grew and learned every day. Had a variety of roles and my last role supporting the national weddings director was my most enjoyable."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Kissimmee, FL

"I have worked at Hollywood Studios for the past 3 years at attractions such as Fantasmic! the Beauty and the Beast show and Rockin' Roller coaster. My co-workers and supervisors are some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. It is just not a place I would like to make a career at."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

Walt Disney World (63)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Boyd Gaming (8)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Insurity Group (7)
Senior Technical Writer
Posted 5 months ago in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Marketing Analytics Intern
Posted 7 months ago in Orlando, FL

"I have been working with Walt Disney since Jan 2014. It is a great learning experience and I am getting great knowledge of the professional world."

Work Setting 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Person You Work For 5 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5

Average Walt Disney World Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
Anonymous Employee
Posted 8 months ago in Orlando, FL

"Truly where the magic happens."

Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Way You Work 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Senior Technical Writer
Posted 8 months ago in Lake Buena Vista, FL

"Great place to work if you can actually get hired full-time. Unfortunately, since the economic downturn of 2009, Disney relies mainly on contractors and temps. I believe one statistic I heard (unverified) is at approximately half of the 50,000 people at Walt Disney World are temps or contractors."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Posted 10 months ago in Orlando, FL

"I have worked for the Walt Disney Company since 2006 and have been there ever since. The work environment is good but needs to be utilized better. Management within the company is excellent but resources are needed to do a better job. Disney World employees hundreds of workers every day and opportunities to move up are fairly easy to do. Moving around to different locations and also applying for different positions is easy."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Entertainment Manager
Posted this month in Orlando, FL

"Disney World was a great first and continual seasonal employment opportunity. The skills that you learn by working at Disney are great for any later job experience that a cast member may have."

People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 Way You Work 3.3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5 Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Company Culture 3.3 / 5
Work Setting 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5
Host
Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"My experience with this company was the worst experience of my life."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"The only good thing about working for the company is sometimes you get free food, and free admission into the parks."

"If you interview for this company don't ever agree to being in food and beverage unless for some weird reason you like to clean up after people, then go for it. They gave me the option to be a safety guy at the water park, but I do not know why they put me in food and beverage."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"Working at Disney World's food and beverage was the worst decision of my life. They make you wear a stupid costume, and most of the time you're just walking around doing nothing. I feel like a loser working there, like I'm not even important. You're just there so you can have a job. They usually put you in the kitchen serving food, on the register, the greeter, or in the dining room where I am every day. I complained to the manager that I want to be on cash register, but they said I have to show efficiency in the dining room, which would be stupid because you'll just be standing there with a broom and dustpan, and when you see someone drop a French fry, you have to run over and sweep it up. I don't clean up after people and that is not what I applied for."

"Management should give everyone a chance to do something different and let them learn how to do something other than sweeping and emptying trash bags."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5
Company Culture 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Way You Work 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5
Watercraft Boat Pilot
Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"Get a good job outside and buy the annual WDW pass, and skip the WDW management BS."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I enjoy operating different vessels on the water and SOME good people to work with."

"If Disney is a place you love then dont work there. Its disheartening to see some things that go on. Its fun for a little while but the pay rate is not sufficient - $ 8/hr, no benefits, and working till 1 a.m. on weekends."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"Managers are incompetent, watching TV, or shopping online. The way they treat blue collar workers reflects on the way the staff treats others and is just not a feel good environment. The pay being not enough is an understatement. I have too much responsibility and not enough support. The union is totally useless, wont even return your phone calls, and just takes your dues."

"Lots! Spend more time seeing what boat captains' experiences on the job are like. Make rules based on observations and hands-on experiences. Negotiate better pay rates and work harder at keeping people happy."

Work Setting 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5
Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5
Merchandiser
Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"I was in a very happy place while working here."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I loved working for this company. I wish it could have been longer."

"It was worth every minute I was there, and I would highly recommend giving it a shot."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I didn't like living out of state and wanting to keep my job."

"Keep up the good work. I feel that employees may have hard days, but all in all it's a great place."

Company Culture 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Posted this month in Orlando, FL

"Loved the company but had problems with two of the managers."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I love the company and all that it entails. I liked the experience of having roommates."

"Be ready to work hard and take abuse from guests."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I didn't like the lack of confidence in and respect for the employees from management."

"Have a little faith in your people and you might be surprised."

Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Mechanical Engineer
Posted 2 years ago in Celebration, FL

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I liked new and exciting projects that made people happy. Projects were unique and required a creative mind to pursue."

"Get a good understanding of the work you will be doing, and prepare for a lot of corporate red tape."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"They don't make anything that is cutting edge, and don't try anything new beyond their comfort zone. Progress is painfully slow, and trust is often lacking."

"Focus on updating the park and creating genuine attractions, instead of focusing purely on safety and maintenance. The company is becoming dated."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5
Company Culture 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Customer Service Representative
Posted 2 years ago in Lake Buena Vista, FL

"Walt Disney World is one of the best companies in the world."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I loved working for the guests. It made me feel good each day."

"The hiring process is great because you go to a casting hall."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"The salary was tough to live on, but I liked the company."

"Try to raise the pay grades through the unions, or you will have lots of turnover."

People You Work With 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Support You Get 4 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Sales Associate
Posted 2 years ago in Orlando, FL

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I was excited to go to work every day and be around my fellow cast members. Plus, I got to make magic for the guests every day."

"Be yourself! Show enthusiasm for the position that you are interviewing for, and tailor your answers to that position."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I was on the Disney College Program; thus, I was paid less than other cast members and had horrible hours."

"I would give cast members more constructive criticism, and help them become more familiar with their work locations."

Company Culture 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5