On average, employees at Walt Disney World give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Walt Disney World employees are Hostesses submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Cooks with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 51 Walt Disney World Review Ratings)
"I worked at Disney for two short back-to-back contracts as a Senior Technical Writer/Business Analyst Consultant. It was, by far, the most fulfilling and enjoyable role of my career. I enjoyed the work, the boss, the team, the creativity, the cooperation, the wonderful, up-beat culture -- everything. I cannot say enough good things about my consulting work at Disney. Unfortunately, budget prevented me from coming on board as a permanent employee and/or extending the contracts. I love Disney!"
Posted about a year ago in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Posted 7 months ago in Orlando, FL

"I have worked for Disney since 2006. I have enjoyed my time with the company but there has been a lot of transition within the Director and CIO positions which has resulted in a lot of changes including restructuring of the IT multiple times. This means a lot of uncertainty. Often a new Director or CIO comes in and outsources a lot of the jobs. After almost 9 years it can be quite frustrating and the latest round of outsourcing and layoffs has left me without a job."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Test Automation Engineer
Posted 7 months ago in Lake Buena Vista, FL

"I have worked for Disney for 15 + years between 2 internships prior to full time employment. Disney is a great company with good values. If not for having been laid off, I would have made it a life long career."

Walt Disney World (99)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is Boyd Gaming (9)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Insurity Group (7)
Posted 8 months ago in Orlando, FL

"I have worked at the company for over 17 years and in the IT department I have seen more outsourcing and degrade of service. I am hopeful that this gets turned around and work is as expected."

Senior Java Developer
Posted 9 months ago in Lake Buena Vista, FL

"I've worked for Walt Disney World as a Senior Java Developer on the enterprise portal since 2005."

Average Walt Disney World Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
Posted 10 months ago in Glendale, CA

"Worked for WDPRO for 3 years, very fun environment and good people."

Secretary
Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"I loved working for the Walt Disney World company for over 20 years. I grew and learned every day. Had a variety of roles and my last role supporting the national weddings director was my most enjoyable."

Electrician's Apprentice
Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"I have worked at Walt World for about a year. The company culture can take a bit of getting used to, but Disney prides itself on maximum guest experience. Overall I have enjoyed it, but location on property makes a huge difference. Caribbean Beach was my first location and nearly my favorite job I have ever had. Great management and coworkers."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Cast Member
Posted last year in Kissimmee, FL

"I have worked at Hollywood Studios for the past 3 years at attractions such as Fantasmic! the Beauty and the Beast show and Rockin' Roller coaster. My co-workers and supervisors are some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. It is just not a place I would like to make a career at."

Senior Technical Writer
Posted last year in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"Very little room for advancement. You are better off leaving and returning. Many people hired in with less experience. Org management needs serious help. I report to people who have no technical understanding of what I do. No resources or training. You must be a Disney fan, that is the only motivation I have."

Marketing Analytics Intern
Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"I have been working with Walt Disney since Jan 2014. It is a great learning experience and I am getting great knowledge of the professional world."

Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"Truly where the magic happens."

Senior Technical Writer
Posted last year in Lake Buena Vista, FL

"Great place to work if you can actually get hired full-time. Unfortunately, since the economic downturn of 2009, Disney relies mainly on contractors and temps. I believe one statistic I heard (unverified) is at approximately half of the 50,000 people at Walt Disney World are temps or contractors."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Cast Member
Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"I have worked for the Walt Disney Company since 2006 and have been there ever since. The work environment is good but needs to be utilized better. Management within the company is excellent but resources are needed to do a better job. Disney World employees hundreds of workers every day and opportunities to move up are fairly easy to do. Moving around to different locations and also applying for different positions is easy."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Entertainment Manager
Posted last year in Orlando, FL

"Disney World was a great first and continual seasonal employment opportunity. The skills that you learn by working at Disney are great for any later job experience that a cast member may have."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5