On average, employees at Sam's Club give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Sam's Club employees are Supervisors submitting an average rating of 4.0 and Cashiers with a rating of 3.9.

(based on 57 Sam's Club Review Ratings)
"Sam's club is a good company to work for. It is a retail company, so expect varying hours, and bonus compensation based upon the sales and profit performance of your facility. There are opportunities to move up, if retail is what you want. Being part of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. also provides the opportunity to relocate anywhere you want to, including the home office. Professional careers are almost exclusively out of the home office."
Posted 11 months ago in San Antonio, TX

86 Sam's Club Company Reviews and Ratings Browse Sam's Club Reviews by Job Title →

Posted 3 months ago in Harker Heights, TX

"Great company (at least where I currently work at). Very nice people and great management folks in here. Good work ethics. The only thing I don't agree with is the pay. I mean $8.90? really? I do so much more than a certain someone that gets paid a lot more than a lot of us. Yes I understand he has been in the company for a long time but that does not mean he gets to sit down while we hard workers do the job for him."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Posted 4 months ago in Sioux City, IA

"The pressure that you constantly have to get numbers is not worth it. Even when you do get a good amount it's never good enough and they want more. A lot of responsibilities that fall on your plate if not done the 'Sam's Club' way. Overall good company to work for just need to focus more on their people instead of so much on the numbers."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5

Sam's Club (86)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (7)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (14)
Posted 4 months ago in Chicago, IL

"Great company to work for, need to be well informed when accepting Club Manager positions based on volume."

Posted 7 months ago in Morrow, GA

"I have worked for Sam's Club for 2 years and it's a great company to work for."

Average Sam's Club Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Membership Representative
Posted 8 months ago in Cape Girardeau, MO

"Sam's Club is a good company to buy from with the many items they have in stock.They had too many managers and did not appreciate the managers or lead people."

Assistant Produce Manager
Posted 10 months ago in San Antonio, TX

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Posted 11 months ago in Bentonville, AR

"Sams Club is a great company to work for. I just believe that the role I'm currently is isn't utilized as much as it should be. Being said there is not enough responsibilities for this position."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Meat Processor
Posted 11 months ago in Tinley Park, IL

"I have been working for Sam's two years. I'm working to pay for school so I can get my degree in computer sciences."

Posted 11 months ago in Madison, WI

"Great job if you are single and not selfish like me. It can be a fun job, very competitive, fast, fun, but you work on a rotating schedule which can change day to day, as someone finds out home office is again touring all the clubs. Payroll is very low, hard to give anyone a raise, as I the manager cannot afford my payroll to go up. Very hard to take a vacation as a manager unless you have a top notch crew that is willing to work for $10.00 odd hours, vs the same money anywhere else with less."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Photo Lab Technician
Posted last year in Holland, OH

"I have been working at Sams Club for about 5 months now in the Photo Lab and can truly say I enjoy my work. I am involved in helping members print and make their photo memories come to life. Overall I have had a great experience working for Sams Club and would continue to work their if the compensation was better."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Posted last year in Concord, CA

"It is not worth my time to mention how down this company went."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Intern
Posted last year in Bentonville, AR

"There isn't much room for innovation. The work is very boring and the compensation is mediocre. In addition the company is based on a '45' hour work week, and the company cheer at the end of meetings makes me want to vomit."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Posted last year in Stanton, CA

"I've worked at Sam's Club for almost 10 years, great company to work with strong values."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Posted last year in Riverside, CA

"Unfortunately SAMs Walmart is NOT what Sam Walton made, the Upper Mgt at each club needs to be extremely good in order to make the environment good for everyone else, otherwise it just becomes a high turn over shop for all other levels of employment at that particular club."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Electronics Sales Associate
Posted last year in Ypsilanti, MI

"Worked at the company for over a year now. Has been a pleasure working there and it has been a great experience for me. I have learned many things from working there and made many new connections. My fellow employees are great people and the managers are always fair and easy to work with."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5