Party City Reviews

On average, employees at Party City give their company a 3.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 20% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Party City employees are Cashiers submitting an average rating of 3.0. Browse Party City Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 12 Party City Review Ratings)
Company Culture 2.8
Work Setting 3.5

23 Party City Company Reviews and Ratings

Associate
Posted last week in Austin, TX

"Is generally a good place to work, but as in any job, they have their bad details, in my case, they didn't pay me for one time, that the care get there at 4 in the morning (as required) and the manager arrived at 5am. That hour waiting was a not-payed waste hour. And being at that time (4 in the morning) is something a little bit big."

Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Work Setting 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5
Anonymous Employee
Posted 8 months ago in Peabody, MA

"They hire tons of high school kids because they're cheap labor, but they also don't do their jobs well, you get stuck picking up their slack while still getting paid very poorly and treated badly. Severely inconsistent schedule, 1 week it's as many hours as you want, next week it's only 10. They over hire and under pay to avoid benefits and overtime. Don't work for this company you'll hate it."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5
People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 2 / 5 Way You Work 2 / 5
Work Setting 3 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5

Party City (23)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (7)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (14)
Anonymous Employee
Posted this month in Laguna Niguel, CA

"I started working for Party City at 16 years old. While it was a great job for an inexperienced teenager, I found that what Party City lacked was consistency in Operations from Manager to Manager and scheduling errors were made frequently which caused there to be either too many or not enough people working at one time. This was inevitably what made it impossible to stay."

Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5 Person You Work For 3 / 5
Way You Work 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Implementation Specialist
Posted this month in Pleasanton, CA

"stereotype big corp - do as your told and only say postive things.."

What do you like about working at Party City?

"Perks and freebees. Most of the lower level staff are dedicated and friendly, hard working and helpful."

"Give the expected answers. They want to check if you're the kind of person who will be enthusiastically about your job. Demonstrate a willingness to put a positive spin on negatives and the ability to project conviction is key to success."

What don't you like about working at Party City?

"Management and decision making are politicized and fragmented resulting in contradictory and impossible directions. Rewards and success are not related to merit or job performance because manager rewards are based on politics above not performance below. Doing something obviously poorly, or stupid or even bad/evil to keep your job is common."

"I think management has to spend all it's effort on fulfilling directives of higher ups (C-level execs) and is not free to act on suggestions of their own or others. Mangers are working under takeover focused execs who want to quickly drive down costs and increasing short term stock market performance. If objectives are not met, politics will determine each mangers success or dismissal."

People You Work With 3 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5 Company Culture 2 / 5
Person You Work For 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5

Average Party City Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2012 $2
Merchandiser
Posted 2 years ago in Alhambra, CA

What do you like about working at Party City?

"Co-workers and the relationship with them, at least its something for now."

"My only tip is if your gonna work with this company, you might want to consider getting a second job (unless your a student). But working for this company is good to start, especially for a high school student."

What don't you like about working at Party City?

"The hours is the biggest issue with this company. I need more hours but unfortunately the only time the hours are good is during halloween."

"My suggestion would be to stay on top of the employers at all times to make sure they are doing what they are getting paid to do."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5
Way You Work 5 / 5 Company Culture 3 / 5
Cashier
Posted 2 years ago in Thousand Oaks, CA

What do you like about working at Party City?

"To be able to get discounts on party supplies for me and my family."

"Make sure to have experience in handling money, talking with customers, and blwoing up balloons."

What don't you like about working at Party City?

"The managers like to give you a task and then when you just started it, tell you have to do another task and all before your off in 20 to 30 minutes."

"Make it to where any employee wouldnt be afraid to talk to me and work out a work strategy to make the workplace more friendly."

Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5
Person You Work For 2 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Customer Service Representative
Posted this month in North Miami Beach, FL
Rewards You Receive 1.2 / 5 Company Culture 1.1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.1 / 5
People You Work With 5 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
Work Setting 4.9 / 5 Support You Get 4.9 / 5 Person You Work For 4.8 / 5
Company Culture 4.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.9 / 5
General Manager
Posted 3 years ago in West Hills, CA
People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Support You Get 2.2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.2 / 5
Way You Work 4 / 5 Person You Work For 2.1 / 5 Company Culture 2.1 / 5
People You Work With 4.8 / 5 Company Culture 2.4 / 5
District Trainer
Posted 3 years ago

What do you like about working at Party City?

"I like very hands on jobs. Had to build a team fromthe ground up in 2 weeks, build my store, use plan-o-grams and stock my merch."

What don't you like about working at Party City?

"The company was a little un-organized for being around for 25 years. I was looking for a little more structure"

"Training classes are so important. Once you have gone through any sort of training you have the knowledge on how to get things done for the company!"

LAN Administrator
Posted 3 years ago

What do you like about working at Party City?

"What I enjoyed about working at Factory Card Outlet was we all worked together as a team."

"I don't have any tips for anyone interviewing with this company. Its a well established company."

What don't you like about working at Party City?

"The only thing I didn't like about working there was the opportunity for growth within the company."

"I don't have any suggestions for management. Management treated all its employees with respect and care."

Executive Assistant
Posted 4 years ago

"This was a good job but the hours required to the management staff was outragious"

What do you like about working at Party City?

"I liked doing displays and helping people, I like to see their face when they get something they couldnt find"

"Be prepared for the hours that you are going to be required to put in to get the job done."

What don't you like about working at Party City?

"The 60 to 80 hours we had to put in more than once in a while"

"All of these store must have a minimum of 3 managers in them at all times."