Google Reviews Browse Google Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Google give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Google employees are Hardware Operations Technicians submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Software Engineering Interns with a rating of 4.6.

(based on 130 Google Review Ratings)
"I've been working in Google LA for my summer internship. The people there are all nice to work with. You can learn a lot when you study all the internal tools. You can also balance your life and work easily. I really recommend working in Google!"
Posted 7 months ago in Venice, CA

163 Google Company Reviews and Ratings Browse Google Reviews by Job Title →

Posted 2 months ago in Bothell, WA

"I worked at Google as a contractor for 2 years. Overall the experience was good. It was a bit of a culture shock as I came from a traditional suit and tie company."

Posted 3 months ago in Mountain View, CA

"Highly contentious environment with many skill building opportunities, and few, very valuable collaboration opportunities. Management was very green, and appreciation for programmer effort, which only changed after systemic flaws were uncovered."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Google (163)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Comdata (5)
3.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Birch Communications (21)
Posted 3 months ago in Bothell, WA

"They installed a gym at the office just because I requested one. I proceeded to use it every day rather than making people feel awkward, as I did yoga or Ido Portal method near the foosball tables. In many ways, it was a nice atmosphere."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Posted 3 months ago in Cambridge, MA

"Great company if you're an engineer. If you're not then it can be tough to find interesting and challenging roles."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Average Google Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Posted 5 months ago in Mountain View, CA

"gTech is the worst place to work in Google. Stay away from gTech ads especially. Unless you want to reorg every six months and have to explain what you do to a manager who doesn't care."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Mountain View, CA

"Working for Google is pretty awesome in most ways. They make it easy to get stuff done and really strive to build a positive work environment. Everyone is really smart. The downside is that you are a cog in their machine. Most people work on a tiny piece of a tiny piece of the system. Most of the managers in my group are decent, but I'm stuck with a not-so-great one. Being a contractor you get a lot of the day-to-day perks that the employees get, but you are shut out of certain events. I usually don't miss it, though. I get more perks as a contractor at Google than I've gotten as regular employee at other jobs."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Posted 5 months ago in Mountain View, CA

"Google is a great place to work. The conversion process is, however, unacceptable."

Student Ambassador
Posted 6 months ago in Mountain View, CA

"This is an outreach program organized by Google. It's main purpose is to find talented college/university students who are passionate about technology and are knowledgeable about it. These students will be picked to become Google representatives (not employees) in their respective colleges/universities with the following responsibilities: Promote, teach and help adopt Google Services to students, teachers and businesses. Become point of contact between Google and those mentioned above. Organize events inside your respective colleges/universities to either promote the services, teach how to use them or at least use Google's services to help minimize costs and make the event a success. You are there to learn and show the student body that Google is more than a technology company."

Posted 6 months ago in Sunnyvale, CA

"Great learning experience."

Open Source Developer
Posted 6 months ago in San Jose, CA

"Excellent opportunity for open source developers."

Open Source Developer
Posted 6 months ago in New York City, NY

"Google Summer of Code was an excellent opportunity and programming experience as a college student."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Software Engineering Intern
Posted 6 months ago in Venice, CA

Posted 9 months ago in San Francisco, CA

"Personally I did use The Impossible Interview App for iOS to learn and prepare for the Google Interview Process, and most of the questions where in the app. For me it was very helpful to see the questions and from then on I prepared my answers in my head so they would be more unique and original. I would say to anyone that applies at Google just stay calm and try to answer all the questions no matter what, in your original and unique way."

Posted 9 months ago in New York City, NY

"I found it to be a very good company to work. There are a lot of smart people working for this company. The compensation is very good and the work-life benefits are also excellent. I like the fact that we get free food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I feel they do try to make a genuine effort to take care of their people."

Hardware Operations Technician