(based on 5 Digital Lightwave Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.8
Work Setting 4.3

8 Digital Lightwave Company Reviews and Ratings

Regional Sales Manager
Posted 6 months ago in Willow Grove, PA

"Digital Lightwave went from industry leader to becoming an afterthought due to poor management who were out of touch with the marketplace, late products and older technology. Unfortunately you cannot find this out until after joining and experiencing the company AND talking with customers."

Mechanical Designer
Posted 2 years ago in Clearwater, FL

What do you like about working at Digital Lightwave?

"The thrill of the challenges and new technologies. Seeing the product come to life!"

"Be prepared to be pulled in many different directions, and plans change on a daily basis."

What don't you like about working at Digital Lightwave?

"Poor and hypocritical upper management, and kept many secrets from employees. Had a history of not paying vendors on a timely manner, resulting in late deliveries of needed parts."

"Focus more on completion of the product development cycle, and focus less on the little expenses that they would drill you about."

Division Manager
Posted 2 years ago in Clearwater, FL

"Technically challenging and dynamic environment"

What do you like about working at Digital Lightwave?

"High level of new technology and invention. Introducing new products onto the market."

"I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone who wants to be on the forefront of embedded development."

What don't you like about working at Digital Lightwave?

"CEO/Executive management didn't have a clear direction and was untruthful to investors."

"Listen and take direction from subordinate experts rather than making technical decisions not based on sound facts."

Engineering Electronics Technician
Posted 3 years ago
Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3.5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3.4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.1 / 5
Company Culture 2 / 5 Way You Work 3.6 / 5

Average Digital Lightwave Ratings in the Past 2 Years

Director of Engineering
Posted 3 years ago in Clearwater, FL
Person You Work For 4.1 / 5 People You Work With 3.9 / 5 Work Setting 4.6 / 5
Support You Get 4.6 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.6 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
Senior Developer
Posted 4 years ago in Clearwater, FL

"Company was great during the telecom boom."

What do you like about working at Digital Lightwave?

"Professional atmosphere and good compensation."

What don't you like about working at Digital Lightwave?

"Down turn in business and lay offs"

Senior Design Engineer
Posted 5 years ago in Clearwater, FL

"Back in the Tech Bubble heyday, Digl was demanding and very rewarding."

What do you like about working at Digital Lightwave?

"My hard work paying off to the tune of over $1.5M in a 5 year span. We were developing leading edge Telecom test gear that no one else had. It was very satisfying to be the lead dog. I also ended up with a patent."

What don't you like about working at Digital Lightwave?

"I hated to see the end brought on by the tech bubble burst. Not only from a financial prospective, but from an industry leader perspective."

"None, I would not have traded that experience for anything. If I had to do it all over, I would. The crazy hours, the crazy deadlines....looking back it was one hell of a run. It's all changed now, I do consulting work from time to time for them and they are on the cusp of closing the doors forever."

Major Account Sales Engineer
Posted 5 years ago in Dallas, TX

"A great place if you like a professional, constantly evolving/changing, competitive, fast-paced environment which required keeping constantly up-todate on customers, technology and product offerings."

What do you like about working at Digital Lightwave?

"Several things: I liked doing something that just not anybody could do - and being very successful at it. I like the complexity of all of it including finding out all the players in an account for purchasers to engineers and executives and the complexity of the ever changing and evolving technology, and the involvement of helping create testing tool for my customers (the collaboration). I loved the excitement of the competition, negotiations and winning high-dollar bids. It was a life style really, and it suited me. I liked the fact that I busted gender lines by becoming the first woman that I knew in the country to sell in my industry. Finally, I loved that I never got bored working there."

What don't you like about working at Digital Lightwave?

"The only thing that I did not like about Digital Lightwave was that there was absolutely NO personal time. It was a tough job. At the time, 2 years and I was their most senior salesperson. I watched sales people fall like dead leaves from a tree."

"None really. They were doing their job by expecting everything and more... Which is what sales managment is supposed to do. While not a PC answer, it is an honest one."