Control Solutions International Reviews

5.0
(based on 1 Control Solutions International Review Rating)
Company Culture 5.0

Work Setting 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Support You Get 5 / 5
Senior Manager
Posted this month

"Would still be working there if SOX related business did not dry up resulting in massive layoffs."

What do you like about working at Control Solutions International?

"Opportunity to work with varied clients on varied projects in various locations. Nice people with whom to work."

5.0
Control Solutions International (8)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is On & Offshore Quality Control (9)
2.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Wave2Wave Communications (8)
Auditing Manager
Posted 4 years ago in New York, NY

"Working for Control Solutions I felt as if I was treated as family."

What do you like about working at Control Solutions International?

"Working for 2 fantastic bosses who understood a work/life balance and gave me plenty of leeway to make strategic decisions when necessary."

"Be positive. Smile. Show enthusiam."

What don't you like about working at Control Solutions International?

"Getting in touch with Human Resources which is located in New Hampshire."

"For each office to implement a day-care center for employees with young children."

Posted this month in Branchburg, NJ

"You will need a very broad-based skill set here"

"Interesting technology"

What don't you like about working at Control Solutions International?

"too much travel, some old tools"

"more investment of time into developing newer tools/systems"

Data Analytics Manager
Posted this month in Rossland, BC

"From dream job to bust"

What do you like about working at Control Solutions International?

"When I was recruited at Control Solutions it seemed to be almost a dream come true. I could use fully my full set of skill. I could work using my home as a home base. I would be part of a team of qualified people with whom to interact. I would be able to upgrade my skill through that interaction and through relevant training sessions. My immediate supervisor, the person who recruited me, is the best supervisor that I ever had in my career. The nature of the work is very interesting which for me means challenging and varied work."

"Just keep your eyes opened during the first six months (probation period). Don't think that things will change and that you are just going through a rough initial exceptional situation."

What don't you like about working at Control Solutions International?

"Unfortunately in a few months I had to resign from what was potentially the dream opportunity.My initial training was just a series of non-coordinated phone conversations. I was in the transition process between two systems and the instructions were confusing about what is where and what to use when. I have never seen a single person face to face during my integration with the company. After eight months I had never received any training on any topic. Even a very basic training session that had been scheduled to familiarize myself with the training material that I would have to use had been vetoed.The type of work that I do requires major travelling all around the world. This international travelling between cities happened mostly on weekends. I could not recuperate any part of that time to spend with my family. Most of the projects that I have been involved with coming from CSI's customers were rush projects that had been mishandled somewhere and that we were trying to patch up.One of the reasons that I was looking forward to working for CSI rather that continue as a freelance consultant was the fact that I love doing my consulting work however I really don't like the cold call type of recruiting. At CSI I ended up selling myself most of my projects through cold calls to my previous customers.Even my exit interview was below par. The normal person doing this was not available and it was painfully obvious that the person doing my exit interview had limited experience or skills in that domain. I never got any feedback on any of the points that I mentioned.One interesting side note. I really appreciated that Christmas party in Las Vegas. However this being my first and only contact with other CSI staff, I was not introduced to a single person. And of course I was in Las Vegas for less than 24 hours because of the need to fly out for another contract."

"I am glad to have this opportunity to make a very important statement that I had made in my exit interview but that I doubt that it might have reached you.I want you to be aware that my immediate supervisor is a gold mine. I just hope that you will make sure that he will have the tools, the level of authority and the flexibility to allow him to do his job properly. He lost my services (a very rare a precious set of skills) through no fault of his own. I was told that the integration process for new employees has already been revised and improved.Even when you send a bonus, a little note about the bonus and why would be almost as appreciated as the cheque itself.Right from day one there should be some planning for continuous improvement of skills.Improve internal communications. Staff should be treated by those providing internal services with the same high quality of exceptional services that we aim at providing to our external customers."

Senior Manager
Posted 5 years ago in Chicago, IL

"Was a great experience and I wish I were still there...but life goes on."

What do you like about working at Control Solutions International?

"Enjoyed the variety of work, opportunity to work with different teams of professionals and the travel that came with the job."

What don't you like about working at Control Solutions International?

"Lack of attention to life balance."

Equipment Services Project Manager
Posted 5 years ago in Chicago, IL

"Great experience"

What do you like about working at Control Solutions International?

"Type of Work and opportunity to learn project management"

What don't you like about working at Control Solutions International?

"Lack of opportunity for advancement"

"Recognize and reward the right employees"

Electrical Engineer
Posted 5 years ago

"Great employer to work for"

What do you like about working at Control Solutions International?

"Had multiple hats, learned a lot"

"went out of business"