(based on 113 Yahoo Review Ratings)

"I started working here in January 2013. I have grown immensely from when I first walked through the company doors. I enjoy everything I do and the knowledge I have gained. Displaying the willingness to teach people who are willing to learn is amazing."
Posted 7 years ago in Sunnyvale, CA
Account Executive
in New York, NY

"Satisfied former employee."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Young, driven sales teams!"

"Yahoo! is a great place to gain sought after experience and gain a better understanding of working for a large corporation."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Its difficult to advance into Yahoo! from HotJobs."

"Offer career path guidance."

Account Executive
in Burbank, CA

"Overall, Yahoo! took great care of their employees."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Great benefits along with a work environment that valued productivity as well as the happiness of their employees."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"We faced tough competition within the recruitment industry and experienced enormous challenges in achieving our goals during the economic recession."

International Product Manager
in Santa Monica, CA

"It was a very exciting place to work at."

Senior Software Engineer

"I'm a contractor, so I have no benefits with Yahoo. They're probably pretty good, though."

QA Engineer
in Burbank, CA

"A very modern management style."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"I like that Yahoo! is very fast pace and my co-workers are competent."

"Go for it!"

"Nothing"

Yahoo Employee
in Santa Clara, CA

"Recovering from headwinds."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Great people, great culture."

"Have passion and show it."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Lots of media attention that is not justified."

Search Quality Analyst
in Hayward, CA

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Yahoo! is a great company to work at."

Intern
in Sunnyvale, CA

"Yahoo is a great place to work, full of brilliant people, but you should still ask plenty of questions to learn about the product/department you're going in for."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Yahoo is a great place to work for and has one of the most fun-filled atmosphere compared to most big tech companies out there. The opportunities for career growth and advancement are extremely well taken care of."

"Find out the kind of products you would be involved in, and how often the particular team or division comes out with major updates to their products, and possibly how well the property integrates with the Yahoo infrastructure."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"There is an enormous amount of talent and Yahoo can become a major innovator in the arena if ideas and initiatives from all levels are given a chance to sprout. Yahoo needs better integration of ideas, concepts, API's, among various properties."

"To create more openness between various properties and always work towards solving root cause of problems which in itself would lead to the rise to unimagined but much needed solutions."

Senior Credit Specialist

"It is a great company."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"I liked everything while I was there."

"Don't outsource the work."

Product Manager
in Pasadena, CA

"Exciting back in 1999; totally bourgeois today."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"I like the nice people that work there."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Yahoo! has turned into a cash cow with little interest in innovation or growth."

"Fire yourselves and hire some people with new ideas and the drive to move the business forward."

QA Consultant
in Pacific Palisades, CA

"Yahoo! is a great place to work."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"I like my co-workers, it's a true team environment!"

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Very management heavy with managers doing anything to save their own skin regardless of what this does to the people under them."

"Respect and trust your people instead of beating them up."

Senior HR Consultant
in Pasadena, CA

"This was by far the most challenging and rewarding experience I had in my career."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"This company as GoTo.com was a startup high growth company I had the opportunity to help build the company from the ground up. I loved the casual work environment, the top talent and leaders and the ability to be a part of something that is creative and innovative."

"Research and understand the company and its product or service offerings. Yahoo! thrives on talent and innovation so focus on what makes you stand out as the candidate of choice for your and focus on your key strengths, skills and accomplishments."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"The company had an average age of 28 and there were small incidents of high egos and a sense of entitlement in the ways things are done operationally which hindered creativity, performance and the achievement of business and human capital goals."

"The company has since been acquired by Yahoo! Although the company has tripled in size, it still has a creative, entrepreneurial spirit. I would suggest management to continue to inspire and engage employees through progressive HR and recruiting practices and find innovative ways to be exciting and different and be the desired company of choice."

White Box QA Engineer
in Santa Clara, CA

"Worked hard for over a year then got laid off."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Yahoo! has smart peers, opportunities to grow technically and interpersonally, and good/working on technology that is used by millions of people."

"Seems to be based on a combination of technical competency and fit with the specific team being interviewed more so than a company wide fit."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Critical management leads to stressful work experience. Eventually laid off."

"More honesty with your line level workers."

Customer Service Representative

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"These people here have to be some of the most welcoming I have ever met on a job site."

"With hard work and strong verbal and initiative skills the sky is the limit."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Not knowing what the future holds since we are still selling to Microsoft."

"Don't be afraid to state all concerns. Always be mature."

Intern
in Sunnyvale, CA

"A very secure job, great opportunity to try/learn new technologies."