(based on 113 Yahoo Review Ratings)
"I started working here in January 2013. I have grown immensely from when I first walked through the company doors. I enjoy everything I do and the knowledge I have gained. Displaying the willingness to teach people who are willing to learn is amazing."
Posted 7 years ago in Sunnyvale, CA
Executive Assistant to the Senior VP

"Fantastic and fun!"

White Box QA Engineer
in Santa Clara, CA

"Worked hard for over a year then got laid off."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Yahoo! has smart peers, opportunities to grow technically and interpersonally, and good/working on technology that is used by millions of people."

"Seems to be based on a combination of technical competency and fit with the specific team being interviewed more so than a company wide fit."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Critical management leads to stressful work experience. Eventually laid off."

"More honesty with your line level workers."

International Product Manager
in Santa Monica, CA

"It was a very exciting place to work at."

Intern
in Sunnyvale, CA

"Yahoo is a great place to work, full of brilliant people, but you should still ask plenty of questions to learn about the product/department you're going in for."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Yahoo is a great place to work for and has one of the most fun-filled atmosphere compared to most big tech companies out there. The opportunities for career growth and advancement are extremely well taken care of."

"Find out the kind of products you would be involved in, and how often the particular team or division comes out with major updates to their products, and possibly how well the property integrates with the Yahoo infrastructure."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"There is an enormous amount of talent and Yahoo can become a major innovator in the arena if ideas and initiatives from all levels are given a chance to sprout. Yahoo needs better integration of ideas, concepts, API's, among various properties."

"To create more openness between various properties and always work towards solving root cause of problems which in itself would lead to the rise to unimagined but much needed solutions."

Account Executive
in New York, NY

"Great startup environment."

"Startup fun."

"Uncertainty."

in Burbank, CA

"Fantastic place to work."

Account Manager
in Burbank, CA

"Great name, but limited room for advancement."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"I enjoyed the knowledge learned about this industry."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"I did not enjoy the options available for my position. there was very little room for growth."

Technical Intern

"Overall good."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"I like this job because the people are nice."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"I dislike how Yahoo! is restructuring."

Account Specialist
in Sunnyvale, CA

"Fun atmosphere and co-workers at Yahoo!"

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Fun environment and closeness with co-workers."

"Have an energetic, hard-working attitude."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Hard to be heard sometimes in such a big company."

"Make it easier for employees to share ideas with upper management and be heard."

Technical Engineer

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Yahoo! is a great place to work."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Nothing bad I can think of."

"Please don't do layoffs."

Senior HR Consultant
in Pasadena, CA

"This was by far the most challenging and rewarding experience I had in my career."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"This company as GoTo.com was a startup high growth company I had the opportunity to help build the company from the ground up. I loved the casual work environment, the top talent and leaders and the ability to be a part of something that is creative and innovative."

"Research and understand the company and its product or service offerings. Yahoo! thrives on talent and innovation so focus on what makes you stand out as the candidate of choice for your and focus on your key strengths, skills and accomplishments."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"The company had an average age of 28 and there were small incidents of high egos and a sense of entitlement in the ways things are done operationally which hindered creativity, performance and the achievement of business and human capital goals."

"The company has since been acquired by Yahoo! Although the company has tripled in size, it still has a creative, entrepreneurial spirit. I would suggest management to continue to inspire and engage employees through progressive HR and recruiting practices and find innovative ways to be exciting and different and be the desired company of choice."

QA Consultant
in Pacific Palisades, CA

"Yahoo! is a great place to work."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"I like my co-workers, it's a true team environment!"

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Very management heavy with managers doing anything to save their own skin regardless of what this does to the people under them."

"Respect and trust your people instead of beating them up."

Senior Oracle DBA
in Burbank, CA

"Engineering innovation talent has long left the company and desperately needs to go back to these roots."

What do you like about working at Yahoo?

"Very dedicated and talented engineers."

"Establish you are a very competent/dedicated Engineer."

What don't you like about working at Yahoo?

"Yahoo's culture is very much based on accomplishments of the past and they do not see how today's problems affect their ability to compete."

"Start over - too large, slow and zero innovation."

Operations Engineer

"Yahoo was just okay."

QA Engineer

"It's a awesome company."

"To be familiar with Yahoo services would be plus."

"None, management is good."