Working at Wyle in El Segundo, CA: 1 Employee Job Reviews by Real Employee working in El Segundo, CA Area

Browse Wyle Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees in El Segundo, CA at Wyle give their company a 0.0 rating out of 5.0 based on 1, whereas overall Average Rating of Wyle is 3.8 out of 5.0 based on 17 Wyle Review Ratings. The happiest Wyle employees in El Segundo, CA are Metrology Supervisors submitting an average rating of 0.0.

(based on 12 Wyle Review Ratings)

"Wyle is an excellent company. I've always been treated with respect and honesty by everyone I work with. There are some very talented people working here and the company is very well managed with an open door policy to senior management. They strive very hard to keep a good relationship with our customers and are always willing to do the right thing when it comes to business relationships, employees, etc. I would highly recommend Wyle."
Posted 8 years ago in Houston, TX

Working at Wyle in El Segundo, CA: 1 Employee Reviews

Metrology Supervisor

"Some parts of Wyle are good places to work."

What do you like about working at Wyle?

"I was hired at Wyle in El Segundo after being mostly unemployed for almost five years. I have a PhD in physics and was previously working in the defense industry."

"Stay away from the older parts of Wyle."

What don't you like about working at Wyle?

"I was never treated properly. I was never adequately compensated or promoted. My first job at Wyle was as a technical writer. I was working 50 to 70 hours a week for more than a year. I was responsible for instigating an evolutionary improvement in the entire report writing system that probably prevented at least two major customers from leaving Wyle. I was never rewarded or compensated.After my predecessor returned to Wyle, 1998, there was not enough work for two report writers. Nobody could be bothered finding me any more work, so for almost four years I was working about 25 to 30 hours a week. My attempts to bring in new business were either ignored or derided. I was then laid off and worked as an On-Call employee, less than part time, for almost two years.I came up with many new ideas and inventions that could have revolutionized vibration and shock testing at Wyle Labs, but nobody in management was interested in any of my ideas.In 2004 I was hired back full time to run the calibration lab which had been moved to El Segundo from the recently shut Norco facility. As a result of my skill and brains the new facility was brought on line rapidly. I was faced with trying to maintain calibrated equipment for two entire facilities, El Segundo and the new San Bernardino site, with a badly obsolete calibration system. My calibration equipment was old and most was failing. When the accelerometer calibrator failed I was able to cleverly fix the system and keep it running. When the entire system became unusable, I was able to secure relatively inexpensive and quick outside accelerometer calibration. Eventually I conceived of the idea of buying a new sate-of-the-art calibrator by a rent to own deal that I arranged with the manufacturer.Again, no raise and no promotion. When Wyle was sold, new management ignored my requests for new equipment and better facilities. When I took part in an extensive profitability review of the El Segundo facility, I made management aware of the problems caused by old test equipment and my need for new calibration equipment and facilities. I was subsequently laid off and replaced by a person with no calibration experience. I was not given any time to train my replacement. Subsequent to my lay-off about 30% of the test workforce was laid off including management, test engineers, and technicians who had worked for Wyle for over 30 years.As a result of my lay-off in-house calibration was almost completely destroyed and calibration costs at least doubled.In the almost 10 years I worked for Wyle my salary only increased by about 20%. An employee who did not even have a two year college degree made twice what I did since he ran the computer system for the phones, Internet, e-mail, and the LAN."

"If you are not willing to fix the facility and equipment problems at the El Segundo facility, then stop doing testing there."

Wyle (17)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Novus International (6)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Liquid Environmental Solutions (6)