14 Woodforest National Bank Reviews

Browse Woodforest National Bank Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 7 Woodforest National Bank Review Ratings)
"Being employed with Woodforest National Bank Technology Center in The Woodlands, TX was a very good experience from the people I worked with and for. My supervisors, managers and coworkers were all very lively and professional as they understood how to make our job as TechOps Jr. Systems Admins a pleasant responsibility to hold. I would recommend this positions to anyone who is interested in starting their career in the Information Technology field."
Posted 5 years ago in The Woodlands, TX
in The Woodlands, TX

"Love what I do for my customers, but management reviews are necessary. And it's difficult to have decent schedules."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Natrona Heights, PA

"I have worked for Woodforest for a little over four years. It provides an excellent opportunity for advancement in the banking industry. Although it provides a good forefront for other retail banking positions, it is not recognized and does not provide the training necessary for a traditional bank branch."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Woodforest National Bank (14)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (17)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OneMain Financial (8)
in Goshen, IN

"Woodforest National Bank was a interesting place to work."

Technical Operations Analyst
in The Woodlands, TX

in Sherman, TX

"Woodforest National Bank provides retail banking services in 17 states nationwide. I have worked for the company for over a year in both a branch and an operational role and have seen positives and negatives to both sides. Branch banking is not the typical calm, collected atmosphere that one would expect from traditional banking experiences."

Retail Banker
in Tomball, TX

"I worked for Woodforest for 2 years and it is an amazing place to work. Great people all around and a good work environment."

in Wallace, NC

"Good place to work if you are starting a career. Pay is not very good but benefits are great."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Retail Banker

Assistant Branch Manager
in Albany, NY

"Very convenient banking."

What do you like about working at Woodforest National Bank?

"Meeting new people. Making business contacts. Learning how banks work."

"Go in with an open mind. Prepare to train yourself."

What don't you like about working at Woodforest National Bank?

"Family time. Woodforest is a 7 day a week, 364 day a year bank. While convenient, family time takes a back seat."

"Spend more time effectively training your staff. The results will help your numbers in the long run."

Collections Analyst

"Good place to work"

What do you like about working at Woodforest National Bank?

"I enjoyed the fact that work was fun employees were recognized for going above and beyond."

"Great job do your best and you will do well"

What don't you like about working at Woodforest National Bank?

"There was nothing I did not like about this job"

"Keep work and your personal life separate."

Assistant Manager

"Great Company... just long hours. 7 days a week and all holidays but Xmas."

What do you like about working at Woodforest National Bank?

"The team that I work with."

"Be prepared to work long hours and deal with collections and difficult client base."

"The 11 hour days."

"More structure with respect to sales goals and how to achieve them. This is how we are going to make our goal today! Is the best way to go."

in Enterprise, AL

What do you like about working at Woodforest National Bank?

"It has been a great career opportunity for me and I have room to grow with this company."

"Be honest and to the point. Tell Woodforest what you can bring to the table for the companies best interest."

What don't you like about working at Woodforest National Bank?

"I have had some problems with employees not using the chain of command when it comes to there concerns and complaints."

"Keep a positive attitude and do the best job that you can and everything else will fall into place."

in Beaufort, SC

"The goods substantially out weigh the bads!"

What do you like about working at Woodforest National Bank?

"Autonomy! This bank has a unique business model that facilitates the growth and training of non-traditional banking, meaning that experience in banking is not necessarily the most valuable. This company hones in on those who have particular management skills and then they train them to operate the Woodforest Way It actually works out really well for the success of the branch. Not to be mistaken for disorganization, this bank's management structure is somewhat casual and there are many young professionals, which breeds new ideas and openness among the management. I enjoyed decision-making freedom, excellent training, open-door policy among management, the absence of office politics (as in most banks) and the pay was more than competitive."

"Great company to work for. If you're looking for 9-5 don't even interview. I don't mean that as a threat, but you will not be able to make your schedule 9-5 here, trust me I tried! If you need stable employment and great pay, but have little or no banking experience, this is the place. Dedication and accountability will be the two factors that determine your success level at this company and believe me, they pay for performance!"

What don't you like about working at Woodforest National Bank?

"The schedule! The hours, as a branch manager, can easily tip into 70 hours per week due to the 7-day a week banking. Even though the salary and benefits are amazing, sometimes the hours make up for that. While being the branch manager is like being a small business owner, you have to take the good with the bad, meaning the schedule and lack of days off. Also, this bank does little lending and so gaining experience in lending is not possible. This can take away from the professional development of the employee, so I've learned having moved on to manage other banks."

"I would have liked more training on specific issues for branch managers. The training in general is amazing and they have developed a very efficient training model. But there were some areas that I feel that branch managers could have used specific classes. For example, returned items or chargebacks...managing these can be difficult but truly understanding Check 21 and how the Fed districts play into the return process can really help a manager out! Also, the relationship with Wal-Mart is very important to this bank. In part, I feel that the Regional management should be there for a formal meeting with the WM store manager and the branch manager. Building the relationship with the WM store manager is difficult due to being seen as unimportant and help from above could help solve this problem."

in Enterprise, AL

"Customer service, teller duties, new accounts, loans, managing of employees."

What do you like about working at Woodforest National Bank?

"I like helping people and watching the company grow."

"Be positive and give the job your all and you will succeed."

What don't you like about working at Woodforest National Bank?

"I have no complaints with Woodforest bank."

"I would like to see more involvement in the hiring of tellers by management."