On average, employees at Whole Foods give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Whole Foods employees are Cashiers submitting an average rating of 4.3 and Customer Service Representatives with a rating of 3.5.

(based on 49 Whole Foods Review Ratings)
in Pittsburgh, PA

"If you speak your mind, stand up for yourself or others, and have any self respect, this is not the company for you. Only people willing to step on others to move up can make it. After 10 years of employment I was fired for speaking against leadership in supposedly safe area. My manager of 10 years threatened to punch me and made comments about me and my family. As she did with everyone else. I told them it took me that long to speak up for fear of losing my much needed job. A week later I was fired for inviting rumors and disgruntled behavior."

Whole Foods Employee

"I joined WFM in 2011. I began on one team, then switched to another when I felt my job was in jeopardy... personality and performance differences; not seeing eye to eye with Team Leads, and fighting off disagreeable and damaging team members on my team. Bakery presented other challenges--bad or irresponsible managers, over-burdening us; our store is doing badly and morale is in the tank. There is no getting ahead."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Whole Foods (78)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is Barrister (30)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is The Fresh Market (13)
in Venice, CA

"Worked there since 2006. Going down ever since. Stockholders are in command and taking the company lower and lower. No raises! Company benefits are poor compared to other employers. They love to be the elitist - but can't. Not anymore, not today."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Whole Foods Employee

"Whole Foods fosters a juvenile environment of rewarding employees who tattle on their fellow employees. If one wants to repeat junior high, this is the place for you. As long as you are not human and have no human foibles, again, this is the place for you. I have been targeted since the suicide of a sibling earlier this year. I was told today by management, that is a personal situation, it should not affect my job. WOW! Great support. They pretend to support you, but then use that against you. One cannot trust the people you work with. "Friends" turn on you and repeat confidences said in offices, away from customers. I get called to "the principal's office" a lot. I have done many things when I am not even there. I am not sure how I manage that, but I impress myself with this skill. I have no customer complaints. The customers love me. I get hugs and huge smiles from many regulars. I am being targeted because I speak my mind. I am a middle aged, middle class white woman. Who unfortunately had a tragedy in my family and I cried in my office and trusted the people I worked with. Also, if you are looking for a job in mid management, you must be a white 20-30 something female. If you are of a different age, you will not even get an interview. There are some wonderful people that work at Whole Foods. Many of these people are treated poorly also. Life events like a fire, car wreck, parents in hospital, etc, are not always considered emergencies. Very subjective. Today was the worst, the disregard of my sister's life was unbelievable and heartbreaking. And these people wonder about my attitude. Karma, baby, karma be careful how you treat others."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Average Whole Foods Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in West Palm Beach, FL

"Whole Foods cares about their employees. They buy us new shoes every six months and they give a big 20%-30% discount on all purchases."

in Jackson, MS

"A very good store but it has horrible leadership. The leaders are lost and don't know anything."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Inventory Control Supervisor
in San Pablo, CA

"I worked in the Whole Foods Market Distribution Center for 2 months under limited supervision. I was given very little training or goals. My manager was temporarily transferred to Shipping 2 weeks after I arrived. I was left without any direct leadership except myself. I never went through new employee orientation."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Whole Foods Employee

"I've been with WFM for over 10 years, and seen it through ups and downs. Although there are many talented, passionate people who work here, company leadership is so terribly disconnected from the average Team Member experience, they continue to make half-baked decisions about growth and other issues that directly--and negatively--impact the people who work here. They have many vehicles for soliciting feedback from Team Members, but they don't seem to pay attention to what's being said until there are major, highly-visible problems. If you end up on a great team, this can be a wonderful place to work. Unfortunately, those teams seem to be harder to come by these days."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Whole Foods Employee

"This company is not the same, it has changed over the years and not for the better, I'm as well, lots of others are extremely unhappy there now."

in Glen Mills, PA

"I hate working there. I don't like it at all."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Accounting Clerk
in Roswell, GA

"I worked for Whole Foods since 2006. I enjoyed work when I was there."

Produce Team Member
in Town and Country, MO

"I've worked for Whole Foods July 2013. I must say, I like the way the business operates and the stores policies for helping customers. The request off policy sometimes doesn't work effectively, but other than that it's a terrific place to work with plenty of opportunities to grow."

Whole Foods Employee

"Good company but needs to have a revision of policies and compensation."

Systems Integrator
in Colorado Springs, CO

"Great company but is moving to more Walmart style management.Would consider working for them again if the price was right and a location closer to home."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Boulder, CO

"I've worked at WFM since 2007. Overall, the company treated me well, and I had a wonderful mentor who invested in my growth during half of the time I was at WFM. I love the people I worked with, and I believe in the core values the company set. However, not all the executives walk the talk. Also, the company can really use some newer technology."