(based on 57 Whole Foods Review Ratings)

"1111111111111111111111111111111111111111"

in Indianapolis, IN

"Good growing company with room for advancement"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5

Whole Foods (86)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lactalis American Group (6)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Vons (18)
Whole Foods Employee

"It has a great working environment and great people"

Supervisor
in Sarasota, FL

"I have worked for Whole Foods Market since March 2019. The company is a very unique place to work. Filled with vibrant personalities that are passionate about the product, it makes it the ideal place for people to shop. They come in and know they are going to get the best customer service. With over 500 stores, people know where to shop when they need the quality products. When all the team members enjoy where they work, it shows in the customers experience with us."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5

Average Whole Foods Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Associate Team Leader

"Good company to work for, you can move up if you are willing to work hard!"

Team Leader

"Whole Foods is a wonderful place to begin and grow a career. It is a place you can feel good about working and will meet many amazing people."

Store Support Clerk
in Cincinnati, OH

"Whole Foods Market is an ethical company to work for and all employees value a positive attitude which heavily boosts moral."

IT Project Manager

"I've worked for Whole Foods for the last few months on a short term contract. The company is good, there are no full-time roles available at the moment so I have decided to find another great fit which could work with you all."

in Pittsburgh, PA

"If you speak your mind, stand up for yourself or others, and have any self respect, this is not the company for you. Only people willing to step on others to move up can make it. After 10 years of employment I was fired for speaking against leadership in supposedly safe area. My manager of 10 years threatened to punch me and made comments about me and my family. As she did with everyone else. I told them it took me that long to speak up for fear of losing my much needed job. A week later I was fired for inviting rumors and disgruntled behavior."

Whole Foods Employee

"I joined WFM in 2011. I began on one team, then switched to another when I felt my job was in jeopardy... personality and performance differences; not seeing eye to eye with Team Leads, and fighting off disagreeable and damaging team members on my team. Bakery presented other challenges--bad or irresponsible managers, over-burdening us; our store is doing badly and morale is in the tank. There is no getting ahead."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Venice, CA

"Worked there since 2006. Going down ever since. Stockholders are in command and taking the company lower and lower. No raises! Company benefits are poor compared to other employers. They love to be the elitist - but can't. Not anymore, not today."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Whole Foods Employee

"Whole Foods fosters a juvenile environment of rewarding employees who tattle on their fellow employees. If one wants to repeat junior high, this is the place for you. As long as you are not human and have no human foibles, again, this is the place for you. I have been targeted since the suicide of a sibling earlier this year. I was told today by management, that is a personal situation, it should not affect my job. WOW! Great support. They pretend to support you, but then use that against you. One cannot trust the people you work with. "Friends" turn on you and repeat confidences said in offices, away from customers. I get called to "the principal's office" a lot. I have done many things when I am not even there. I am not sure how I manage that, but I impress myself with this skill. I have no customer complaints. The customers love me. I get hugs and huge smiles from many regulars. I am being targeted because I speak my mind. I am a middle aged, middle class white woman. Who unfortunately had a tragedy in my family and I cried in my office and trusted the people I worked with. Also, if you are looking for a job in mid management, you must be a white 20-30 something female. If you are of a different age, you will not even get an interview. There are some wonderful people that work at Whole Foods. Many of these people are treated poorly also. Life events like a fire, car wreck, parents in hospital, etc, are not always considered emergencies. Very subjective. Today was the worst, the disregard of my sister's life was unbelievable and heartbreaking. And these people wonder about my attitude. Karma, baby, karma be careful how you treat others."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in West Palm Beach, FL

"Whole Foods cares about their employees. They buy us new shoes every six months and they give a big 20%-30% discount on all purchases."

in Jackson, MS

"A very good store but it has horrible leadership. The leaders are lost and don't know anything."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Inventory Control Supervisor
in San Pablo, CA

"I worked in the Whole Foods Market Distribution Center for 2 months under limited supervision. I was given very little training or goals. My manager was temporarily transferred to Shipping 2 weeks after I arrived. I was left without any direct leadership except myself. I never went through new employee orientation."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5