(based on 47 Wachovia Review Ratings)
4.6
"Excellent conservative bank where my career began. I tried to shape ALL of my companies around their corporate philosophy. A great education!"
Posted 12 years ago
Wholesale Account Executive
in Charlotte, NC

"Loved it and too bad they closed their wholesale division"

What do you like about working at Wachovia?

"Very family friendly company that offered a very nice benefit package and the company offered a great training program."

"Now since its Wells Fargo, I really have nothing to offer."

What don't you like about working at Wachovia?

"All their training was in Waterbury, CT."

"Wholesale division is no longer in business."

Financial Specialist
in Flourtown, PA

"Currently, every company in America has laid off workers as a result I struggled with providing a CareerBliss rating for everything."

What do you like about working at Wachovia?

"The people I worked with were the best."

What don't you like about working at Wachovia?

"As a bank employee growth is difficult, but not impossible."

Financial Advisor

"Securities training was very good."

Financial Advisor
in Charlotte, NC

"Wachovia is a great place to work, if you are working under a good manager. It is hell, if you get a bad one."

What do you like about working at Wachovia?

"Working with the right manager enable me to grow professionally: Industry knowledge, career advancement, relationship building."

"Follow the interview format ... you will have a job."

What don't you like about working at Wachovia?

"Working with the wrong manager strangles the life out of all professionalism: stifles professional growth, creates unnecessary stress, blocks relationship building."

"Acknowledge and replace all incompetent managers."

Financial Center Manager
in West Palm Beach, FL

"Good place to hang"

Customer Service Specialist

"I had trouble advancing at Wachovia Bank otherwise I had a good experience there and would recommend it."

What do you like about working at Wachovia?

"Meeting lots of people,"

"The interview was pretty straight forward."

What don't you like about working at Wachovia?

"No opportunity to move up or get training."

"Encourage personal development and allow employees to take available education courses the company offers for those wanting to move up"

Financial Associate

"1. Phone interview. 2. Behavioral Interview face-to-face. 3. Drug Test/Finger Printing background check. 4. Offer."

General Ledger Accountant

What do you like about working at Wachovia?

"I enjoyed walking into a company whose accounting department had transitioned software in a haphazard way. The turnover of staff had left the company struggling to achieve the most basic of tasks. With absolutely no training in the accounting software, I built ALL reconciliations from scratch, identified how A/R & A/P transactions were flowing through the statements and helped educate management so procedures could be established. This was my greatest professional challenge and achievement."

What don't you like about working at Wachovia?

"The constant turn over of staff in all departments made led to more monitoring then should have been necessary. With some positions consistently being held by employees still on the learning curve more time was invested in correcting transactions then should have been necessary."

Fraud Investigator
in Brea, CA

"management is very supportive."

What do you like about working at Wachovia?

"My boss is the best ever. I had a caseload to investigate. I was not micromanaged and I conducted my investigations in a timely manner. I'm in Ca, my boss is in Florida. He had total trust in me."

What don't you like about working at Wachovia?

"Wachovia Bank was purchased by Wells Fargo Bank."

"Just to thank them for the opportunity to work for them."

Teller
in Teller, AK

"this was great I never had to rate my old job before and I enjoyed it."

What do you like about working at Wachovia?

"great customer service and all the employee& management was great to work with customer was one on one."

"never give up on your dreams interms of a career and what you think you may be able to do."

What don't you like about working at Wachovia?

"weekend working and long hours on friday and your off days and some special hoildays"

"get along with your employee and always keep them in the loop of progress and input."

Network Systems Specialist
in Birmingham, AL

"great place to work on mmy Networking experience and build on my server admin knowledge"

What do you like about working at Wachovia?

"Being able to work in such a large network and server environment"

What don't you like about working at Wachovia?

"Micromanageing to the point that people leave"

Product Development Specialist

"I had fantastic professional growth working in Capital Markets. It was a pleasure working there. Unfortunately AmNet no longer exists."

Business Relationship Manager
in Baltimore, MD

"Good management is everything"

"Unmatched customer service"

"Poor management"

"There are more important things than golf"

Banking Officer

Mortgage Banker

"Wachovia was a wonderful company with great people. The intergration with Wells Fargo was a bad time to be an employee."

What do you like about working at Wachovia?

"The company was huge but very professional. Wachovia really cares about the employees and the customers. I worked in a downtown branch with wonderful people."

"Be professional, well dressed, if you are a man wear a coat and tie, women were hoses and closed toe pumps, no bare sleeves."

What don't you like about working at Wachovia?

"It became very difficult to get loans done during the intergration with Wells Fargo so I was caught up in a political situation in the mortgage division. I would work for them again now that things have changed."