On average, employees at Visa give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 8% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Visa employees are Senior Systems Administrators submitting an average rating of 4.1 and Web Designers also with a rating of 4.1.

(based on 60 Visa Review Ratings)
"I've worked for Visa Inc. for almost 2 years and I have had a fantastic experience. Wonderful environment, excellent ethical values, fantastic and strong emphasis on customer satisfaction. From my point of view, Visa has everything for a professional who would need to build a career."
Posted 3 years ago in Ashburn, VA
Statistician
in Foster City, CA

"I really enjoyed working for VISA, I wish I could get my contract extended. A great place to work for. My supervisors and co-workers were extremely helpful."

Senior Information Security Analyst

Visa (78)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (16)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OneMain Financial (8)
in Foster City, CA

"Work culture at Visa is good. I was in a very friendly and comfortable environment there. People whom you approach are helpful and the company wants to retain their employees."

Visa Employee

"I've worked with Visa since March 2014, and it's been a great work environment."

Average Visa Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Systems Analyst
in Highlands Ranch, CO
in Boulder, CO

"Have been working for Visa for nearly 3 years as a Test Automation Engineer with Parasoft SoaTest. I was given an opportunity to learn and excel in my automation skills in this job. I am grateful to be able to work in such a good company."

QA Engineer
in Foster City, CA

"I am proud of working in Visa as a QA engineer. The company has a very friendly environment with lots of opportunities to learn new things. I would recommend anyone working here. Company-wise it's growing day by day and has a good reputation in the market today."

in San Mateo, CA

"The company has a very old-school culture. There are way too many processes to follow. When I took on this job there was close to no knowledge transfer from the person who left. People I work with are not very helpful or friendly either. It could be my experience with this small team and maybe the rest of the company is different."

Visa Employee

"I've worked for Visa in the Austin development center since Feb of 2013. I have found the company and particularly my manager to be honest and fair. During my time here, upper management has been shuffled about, priorities/projects have shifted and people have been laid off... but no more than any other massive corporation. If they convert me to full time at the end of this contract, I'd gladly go to work for them."

Programmer Engineer
in Foster City, CA

"Visa is now a public company managed from the top down by non-technical savvy bankers. I got laid off in 2004, because the high level managers wanted to micromanage everyone below them, refusing to allow local managers to allow flexible hours and part-time telecommuting. This led to a major conflict between myself and upper management. My immediate managers had no control over anything, and I was eventually laid off by a new upper level manager who wanted to lay down his laws."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Visa Employee

"Very good environment and nice place to work."

Vice President
in Foster City, CA

"Pre-IPO Visa was loose with its funds, Post IPO Visa became focused on meaningful project delivery to increase customer satisfaction and grow market share. Under Joe Saunders this was achieved and continued to grow, as the market shifted into more digital products so did Visa with Charley (new CEO)."

in Ashburn, VA

"Great place to work at. VISA takes care of its employees... only issue I ran into was continuing my education because job requires 12 hr shifts."

in Cupertino, CA

"This was a consulting assignment of 1 year at Amazon which will culminate at the end of the project on 6/30/2014. Amazon is a good company to work for in a permanent capacity. However due to budgetary reasons, the project staff is not being retained as it has gone live and is running smoothly."

in Foster City, CA

"Interned at Visa for the summer, nice company but overall slow paced. Friendly co-workers and good life-work balance. But if you are looking for a exciting, young, dynamic place to work, this is not the place for you. Things are moving slow around here, but for a company at this size, it is expected."