(based on 24 Vestas Review Ratings)
in Brighton, CO

"Good people. Poor management"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

"better place to work"

in Windsor, CO

"it is difficult to review vestas at this time as things are definitely in flux at the moment. the company has been very good for me these 9+ yrs. The benefits were fantastic and and pay was competitive. my co-workers were some of the brightest and fun people I had ever worked with. I am grateful for all I learned and all those I got to know at Vestas. Things are always changing at Vestas and at this present time I am not sure of the direction of this company with the changes that have been put in place."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Training Coordinator
in Brighton, CO

"Vestas is an excellent company suffering from poor lower and middle management. The communication issues cause undo stress The benefits package is good."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average Vestas Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Windsor, CO

"Vestas is not only good for the environment but good for its people as well."

Production Worker
in Brighton, CO

"I actually really hate working for them and an very desperate to find basically any other job. About the only good thing I can say about them is that the other people I actually work with are hard workers despite mismanagement and unpleasant work."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Vestas Employee

"Good company to work for."

in Portland, OR

"I've worked here for 9+ years and have been very fortunate in advancing. Current direction is not lining up with my expectations making it time for a change."

in Brighton, CO

"Company 'had' great potential as it opened their new factories in Colorado but after two years, starting in 2010, it became apparent that the poor executive leadership along with the good ole Danish boys mentality would be the end. Company went from 16k employees in 2009 to 23k in 2011 and they doubled their mfg capacity worldwide; not very controlled. They starting laying off in late 2011 thru 2013 and are now at back to 16k (Dec 2014). They are managing their hourly workforce at 40% temps which is extremely high. What that means is that when orders are not their they let the temps go. The Nacelles factory in Brighton is designed to do 25 to 30 2 megawatt turbines per week on two shifts. So when you hear that Vestas received a large 150 unit order, do the math. They are managing the factory by stringing orders out which means they are doing a few a week. The factory manager and his cronies from Advanced Energy run the show by being vague about the future and misleading new hires. Go to Blades instead, they make all the blades for the americas whether the turbine is built in Brighton or not. Salaries are average for the area; below average 401K, no bonuses, and promotions are difficult. My suggestion, if you need a job and you get hired take it, but continue to look elsewhere because it can end quickly."

Vestas Employee

"Good work/ life balance company. Total number of employees count to 16000+. I am placed out of India in Chennai, in R and D division for Software Testing and Plant Control Validation."

in Denmark, SC

"I have seen and it has been the number one company in Wind Industry till today. There are more than 16000+ employees with a wide range of skills and competent people I have come across. The system of the Turbine is very complex and it always has been a challenge to work with. The only down side that company had been gone through is a 2 year turn around plan of layoffs from 21000 to 16000, which was very hard and frequent organisation changes."

in Bensenville, IL

"Good company to work for."

in Blackfoot, ID

"I have had many jobs over the years, and the managers that ran our site were by far the most unorganized group I have ever worked for. Overall it could be a good solid job during our contract, but we were dealt a poor hand from the beginning. We had very few competent construction technicians and ended up having problems with our turbines that should have been fixed before the turbines were commissioned. We ended up doing 85% of the work and I feel we were not compensated fairly."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Software Development Engineer
in Bensenville, IL

"Challenging environment to work for!"

Lead Engineer
in Portland, OR

"I am working with vestas since 2 years, it's very good place to work, but bit uncertainty with the organisation."