On average, employees at University of Alabama give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest University of Alabama employees are Graduate Research Assistants submitting an average rating of 4.5 and Research Assistants also with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 66 University of Alabama Review Ratings)
"I started at UAB as a temp in 2010 and was offered full time employment in 2011. As a state-run university, the benefits are excellent and the pay is very competitive. My advice to anyone seeking employment at UAB, particularly on the campus side, would be to do some homework regarding the departments (both administrative and academic.) Find out as much as you can about the work environment and the department leaders. As with with any company, some departments are better managed than others."
Posted 7 years ago in Birmingham, AL
Student Assistant
in Tuscaloosa, AL

"I have worked in the Marketing Department within the Division of Strategic Communications for about 18 months now, and I love it. There is strong support from my supervisors and the opportunity to take on more responsibility and be creative with your work."

Help Desk Technician
in Birmingham, AL

"I love the staff here and working here in general."

in Birmingham, AL

"While the company does offer several positive aspects, there are just as many drawbacks."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Instructor
in Birmingham, AL

"I have been a certified course instructor with the department of Human Studies since the Fall 2018 semester. I was able to build, implement, and evaluate my course on substance abuse education and prevention."

Average University of Alabama Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Manager
in Tuscaloosa, AL

"The University of Alabama has been more than a 2 time alma mater to me. It has also served as a safe ground for me to leave the same everlasting impact on students in the same manner it did me. I came into the university as a first generation college student seeking answers. I'm leaving the university with my answers met and seeking a new foundation to began providing solutions. Our Career Center department does just that. We aide in exploring the our student body, developing them from within, and connecting them finally with the necessary network."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Tuscaloosa, AL

"I worked for ISM department of UA as teaching and research assistant during my Ph.D. study life for 4 years, and I enjoyed the overall environment, the nice faculties, and active students."

in Tuscaloosa, AL

"It was an academic position. As in any academic position, a student, you strongly depend on your advisor. I strongly disagreed with his work methodology because of its lack of planning and scarce resource; also, I felt uncomfortable with the work attribution. I hope mine was just a particular case of having a bad experience with an advisor, and not a general rule in the university. Actually, I need to mention that I met really good professors and great students."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Huntsville, AL

"I have worked in UAH for around an year. I was appointed as a Graduate Teaching Assistant and it was one of the most informative experience that you could ever get. This gives a good look into how different people come up with different ideas and puts things into perspective. A GTA in UAH means full ride and stipend, which helped me a lot."

in Huntsville, AL

"I worked here for 4 years. It is an extremely flexible job for a student going through his/her degree."

Research Designer
in Birmingham, AL

"I worked for UAB Hill student Center since 2017 to 2019 and I learned a lot from this job."

in Huntsville, AL

"Excellent research advisor and program leader, but the compensation I received for the work required by the program was not the same as what they said they'd give us in the beginning."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Student Assistant
in Tuscaloosa, AL

"The University of Alabama has given me so many tools to run programs and projects effectively. It has allowed me to learn to be adaptable and work in fast-paced environments that require quick dependable responses. It challenged me to be creative with solutions that require new ideas and innovation to spread the promise of our work to others. This helped progress my engineering skills and enhanced my ability to work with others to provide the best engineering products."

Assistant Network Technician
in Birmingham, AL

"Great company to work for. Great pay, benefits, people to work with."

Building Manager
in Tuscaloosa, AL

"I love working here, the people and the work culture make the time at work fly by and the work rewarding. It has added so much to my college experience to work in the student union because I feel like I am truly a part of this campus. I began as a Conference Coordinator here and was promoted to Manager after a year."

Research Assistant
in Tuscaloosa, AL

"I’ve worked as an undergraduate research assistant for several months now. It gives me the opportunity to learn a different aspect of engineering beyond a normal work environment. I have enjoyed it immensely and recommend it to other engineers."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5