(based on 129 UnitedHealth Group Review Ratings)
"I have worked for UnitedHealth Group for more than a year and I can honestly say that I am very satisfied and happy with my job. I have great coworkers, great management, and the culture within the company is fantastic. Is everything perfect, no... Nothing ever is. You'll always have those one or two people that want to put a black cloud over everything, but overall is a great place to work. I am fortunate enough that I work from home, but I am very much part of an active and cohesive team. Those who aren't satisfied in their current positions have MANY options available to them to move elsewhere in the organization. We are HUGE and there is NO reason someone should stay where they are unhappy, the options ARE out there. Yeah, the health insurance can use some work... You'd think we'd have a platinum version of healthcare, but instead we have a high deductible plan; other than that... I'm good. I see myself here for a VERY long time."
Posted 4 years ago in Orlando, FL
Associate Scientist
in Minnesota City, MN

"I find UnitedHealth Group a wonderful company to work with. My management is really supporting and motivating."

Program Manager
in Plymouth, MN

"I worked for UHG from 2011 to 2019. I started as a contractor and let my manager now that my goal was to manage a team of IT Project Managers. My manager guided me and mentored me into that role. I was promoted two more times after that which I am greatful that they put their trust in me and helped me succeed. The reason i didn't give a 5 star is that they didn't help me find another role before laying me off in November. I have been with the company for 7 years and made many good relationships so that they didn't think about that was unfortunate."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

UnitedHealth Group (173)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Medical Care (205)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (7)
in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"I've been with Unitedhealth Group for a total combined 19 years. It's a massive company with many challenges, but there are lots of opportunities to build skills and grow your career. If you can tolerate the red tape, and navigate the complex political landscape than this is the place for you."

in Minneapolis, MN

"Been there for decades, but the last few years the environment has turned really toxic, there are downsizings every quarter and leadership has little to no compassion for the employees. Benefits are generally very poor compared to other companies, surprising in a company that is a health insurer, but very high premiums and even the 'low deductible' plan has a pretty big deductible. Raises and bonuses are restricted, usually to less than 2% for even the high performers, and bonuses are becoming harder and harder to get - we are constantly told to keep the number of people who receive them under 50%. This is a good company to go to get some experience and training, but not for a long-term career."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Average UnitedHealth Group Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Tableau Developer
in Hartford, CT

"I love my great coworkers, management who actually cares, and a really great benefits packages. My only regrets about working here is that I didn't apply much sooner."

Computer Support Specialist

"I've worked for UHC for almost 10 years and honestly felt like a family. Leadership was very caring and took care of their employees. Great pay and felt like at the end of the day i accomplished something for the better good."

Senior Recruiter
in Enfield, CT

"I loved working with United Health Group. The company has strong focus on both customers and employees, and truly lives its stated values."

Senior Application Developer
in Minneapolis, MN

"I've worked with UnitedHealth Care organization for over 5 years and it is an overall great company. It is a value based environment where they aim to uphold and live by the core values: integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. It is very challenging work that is also rewarding, because there is always something new to overcome and make peoples lives easier with."

Senior Sourcer
in Minneapolis, MN

"I’ve worked for UHG for 10 months before downsizing. It’s was a great experience to be part of such a wonderful team"

in Danville, CA

"Skip this for another time"

in Orem, UT

"Great company and average compensation."

in Richmond, VA

"I worked with UHC for two years. My position was one of the most rewarding I have ever had. Being able to help those in my community brought me joy."

Program Management
in Eden Prairie, MN

"Great company to work for."

Cloud Dev Ops Engineer
in Plymouth, MN

"good company to improve skills"

Medical Data Entry Provider
in Shelton, CT

"UHG is a great company to enter to start your career!"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5