On average, employees at United Airlines give their company a 3.6 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest United Airlines employees are Flight Attendants submitting an average rating of 3.1.

(based on 28 United Airlines Review Ratings)
in Honolulu, HI

"I have been employed for over 25 years with this corporation. One word describes this company, "dis-functional". Profitable yes, now that competition has been cut by half, and fuel prices are also cut nearly in half. This is to say that corporate management has not changed. Outer appearances cannot mask the true turmoil within. The PAIN of the not so recent merger still exists. The adopted catch phrase "dignity and respect" is nowhere in local and upper management. Safety and security is number one but don't you dare take a delayed departure. The only TRUST between employee and management is they will lie to save face or get what they want. Employees are expected to come to work and follow company guidelines and government regulations yet management is consistent in breaking those same guidelines. The company discarded a high functioning passenger service system and now employs an inadequate system to process customer transaction. The company recognized the system as inadequate yet continues to pour more resources into the product. The fairly new CEO is trying to bring the company together but has yet to make any significant changes except to employ additional high level executives and do a few meet and greets to small groups of employees around the system."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in San Francisco, CA

"Great company if you like aviation."

United Airlines (50)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is Continental Airlines (64)
3.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is SkyWest Airlines (14)
3.8 Average of All Companies in this Industry (733)
Pay Analyst

"I began working for United Airlines in mid-Septemper 2012. I work as a pilot crew pay analyst (not payroll) for Denver and Guam. Crew pay analysts manage a pilot's flight time, per diem, transfers, rapid re-accrual of sick bank, as well as having extensive knowledge of the United Pilots' Agreement (contract between United and our pilots. I must test and implement various sections of the contract as it relates to pilot pay. I have thoroughly enjoyed my position and would love to continue working for United, but HQ in Chicago has decided to move the pilot crew pay department to headquarters at Willis Tower in Chicago."

Customer Service Agent

"Great company with great people. Would definitely recommend to anyone."

Average United Airlines Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Compton, CA

"Worked here for some time and I would recommend this company to all outsiders looking to pursue employment."

United Airlines Employee

"I have completed and filled out all that is needed at this time."

United Airlines Employee

"I've been in good teams and love my work. Benefits are generous but could be better. If you are active in finding opportunities they are there to grab. Still finding its way since merger. I came from Continental side. Merger has been a challenge."

Senior Engineer

"I've worked for United Airlines since Feb 2014."

Component Engineer
in San Francisco, CA

"Was a good company with many opportunities to participate in airplane development with Boeing, Goodyear, Goodrich. Also worked on Lean Six Sigma projects before it was popular."

United Airlines Employee

"A nice place to work at if you love travelling. A big pool of interesting problems in optimization and statistics domains. The industry still has a lot of opportunities for improvement.The co-workers and the managers are very nice. Good work/life balance. The only drawback is the average salaries and the vacations. Chicago also is a great place to live at, specially in summer. If you are not a US Citizen, they do a good job in sponsoring for Green Card."

"Good working environment."

United Airlines Employee

"Good place to work! You will get a peaceful environment to focus!"

United Airlines Employee

"Persistent reoccurring reductions in force make this a very unsettling place to work. Open space collaborative workspace and lack of cubes was a terrible environment to work in."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
.NET Developer
in Troy, MI

"I worked for United Airlines for sometime and it's a very good place to work, as I have learned many things from there and also would like to learn more from different clients."

in San Francisco, CA

"I've worked for United Airlines since 2007. The company has a good working environment, the people are very professional, friendly, and a good experience to work with, and the industry is very exciting and interesting."