Career Menu

1,720 Systems Administrator Reviews

Systems Administrators give their job an average rating of 3.8 out of 5.0. The Systems Administrators happiest with their jobs are employed by Analysts International with an average rating of 0.0 while the Systems Administrators least happy with their jobs work for ENTER.NET with an average rating of 1.0.

Submit a Review
"It's the challenge and satisfaction you receive from keeping your environment up, running, and healthy. The best systems admin is the one you never see. Anyone that knows the business, should know what I mean. I also like the opportunity to learn new things and integrate where necessary like using GLADE, Python and eclipse to develop a GUI for an application that was command line only. Small app, but I had a blast learning. It was a front end for the Dev team at OTS and they loved it."
Posted 6 years ago in Beaverton, OR
Systems Administrator at Halliburton
in Odessa, TX
Systems Administrator at PacXa
in Honolulu, HI

"Being my own boss. Making my own hours and tasks for the day."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Systems Administrator at VtW Studios
in Chandler, AZ

"I love learning new things and there is always some better way to do Java development. System Administration is a challenging field as it encompasses a multitude of various skill requirements depending on what needs doing. I have learned new methods from the usual load balancing and user management, to the scripting for automation, to network administration to network security back to networking and load balancing again. Both of these roles back to back was a challenging and time consuming mess, but I love it to death."

Systems Administrator at IBM
in Raleigh, NC
Systems Administrator at 9 Solutions
in Largo, MD

"I love being the first level of company security and productivity. As a systems administrator, I know my position is critical to the enterprise. It is always a fulfilled feeling when I am able to get my servers up and running at all time. I love everything about being a systems adminstrator."

Systems Administrator at American Institute of Biological Sciences
in Reston, VA

"The best thing about working as a systems administrator is the ability to constantly learn new things and make improvements that will ease the workload of the end users. This is also the down side. You have to keep up with an ever changing environment and technology setting. You have to wear many hats and juggle many tasks on any given day."

Systems Administrator at Advance Fiber Optics
in North Salt Lake, UT

"I love my job. It's always changing with new technologies and there's always something that needs to be done and needs to be learned. I brought my job with me when I moved to California and began working from home. I don't like that aspect of it. I prefer to be in an office environment where I feel more involved in the day to day activities."

Systems Administrator at ASRC Aerospace

"It's hard because in this career you never stop studying but is a plus because you never stop learning."

Systems Administrator at General Dynamics
in Frederick, MD

"Supporting our U.S. soldiers."

Systems Administrator at MphasiS
in Detroit, MI

"I love my job and my work . I love it because with your services you can make people happy. I hate when developers have code issue and they say this is server or web logic issue, we have dig out and prove that support resources are good something wrong with application."

Systems Administrator at United States Army
in Augusta, GA

"I enjoy the work. I love how its an ever changing field and I am not limited to one small speck in the cosmos. I can range and train to do anything as an administrator. I dislike the politics that stop work from being done."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Systems Administrator at Instant Cash Advance
in Grand Rapids, MI

"I have gained more experience here than I have at any other employer I have been with. Instant Cash Advance is a tight-knit company and employees care about and help each other. The downside was my compensation vs job requirements, but the experience was priceless."

Systems Administrator at Camco
in Tripoli, IA

"Love taking in experience. Hate when becomes problem and routine job."

Systems Administrator at FORDE
in Indio, CA

"First of all, I am very thankful to this company. I learnt lot of things from there. Changes are necessary parts of the life for everyone who desires better up upliftment of knowledge, skills and opportunity."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Systems Administrator at Wigital Computing Networking & Web
in Mira Loma, CA

"IT Systems administration is a challenging and engaging career field. It's satisfying to help companies achieve their goals through technology and to enable workers, managers, and executives to better perform in the workplace by implementing technology to it's highest and best use."

You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created
Jobs You Might Like