64 Stanley Black & Decker Reviews

Browse Stanley Black & Decker Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 56 Stanley Black & Decker Review Ratings)
in Towson, MD

"I've worked for SBD for 6 years and it's been a pleasant experience overall. I'm ready to make a career move and seek more personal growth."

in Milwaukie, OR

"Good products, but issues at the executive level."

Stanley Black & Decker (64)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Oviso Manufacturing (6)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hit Promotional Products (6)
in Middle River, MD

"I have worked for Stanley Black & Decker since 2014. They are a very employee centric company. They however are very tight with their purse, which is probably great as a shareholder, but not so much as an employee. They pay on par with their competitors, but not as much as an IT company."

in Middle River, MD

"I have worked for Stanley Black & Decker since 2014. They are a very people-friendly organization. The people are the best part of the organization. They pay on par with other companies in the space, but that is pretty low considering the opportunities available in the DMV."

Average Stanley Black & Decker Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Project Coordinator
in Tempe, AZ

"Locally, it was a great company to work for."

Engineering Co-op
in Troy, MI

"I have spent the past 5 years working at Stanley Black and Decker, as an engineering co-op. I worked in the plastic fasteners division for production and prototype parts. I was able to learn a lot from those years as co-op. I completed my undergraduate thesis fro them as well."

in Towson, MD

"Great person in Towson campus, but upper management in CT is terrible. It is a long long history company, upper management from one company from Stanley, but our people from Towson campus from Black & Decker majorly."

Marketing Operations Manager
in Towson, MD

"My experience with Stanley Black and Decker was positive. It is an environment that drives for constant innovation in sales and marketing. It almost tends toward overdoing this innovative aspect in that the company keeps a very high pace with regard to developing new products. It will be a strength in the long run as soon as the market gets its clarity with regard to the incredible number of new and existing product offerings."

in Fort Mill, SC

"Worked for Stanley black & decker for 19 years. Good stable company with lots of potential to pursue a career in different fields."

in Troy, MI

"It’s an okay company to work for. You are not compensated fairly for your work and my job in particular was not explained to me correctly as the job is different than what was explained in the interview."

in Towson, MD

"Stanley Black and Decker, formed as a result of the merger of Black and Decker Inc. with Stanley Works represents a great American company story; focus more on short term on stock market price with no plan to gain in long term – all signs of a dying company! 1. No Job Security: Company has been constantly laying off people since 2017. Restructuring/Re-organization takes place every few months. If Stanley Black and Decker stock price fall, expect layoff and costing cutting immediately. All Business Units that I know have laid-off, terminated, pushed out to retirement, furloughed or fired people as a result. Beware of October Fest aka Firing Month!! The company has lost valuable talents over the past few years and bleeding has not seems to stop. High employee turn-over at this company. 2. Chaotic: There is an absence of proper planning or coordination between different departments. For example, Finance does not want to work with Engineering, HR, or IT, and vice versa. Ultimately, whatever decision that you make can be overruled by Finance. Finance ultimately drives daily decision making. Expect to be in conference call/meetings all day long. No systems, no planning, no coordination, no organization. 3. Out-sourced: Top talent is constantly asked to leave either forcefully or through voluntary retirement leaving behind a huge talent vacuum. New employees hired are sub-par at best. As one of the latest decisions, almost the majority of old talented IT workforce was laid off in place of low paid non-immigrant by HCL, News:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200218005687/en/HCL-Technologies-Launch-Global-Delivery-Center-Hartford. 4. Poor/Reduced Compensation and Benefits: Expect no raise or recognition of work no matter how hard you work. The expectation is you work on holiday and weekends. “Be happy that you have a job here” as one of my former bosses once told me. Benefits have greatly reduced over the past ten years. Cigna is a very hard to deal with. 5. Top Heavy Management: A lot of middle manage"

in Fort Mill, SC

"Great company, I love my job, however, every year I have worked here they have had layoffs. I am looking for a company with security for their employees."

Senior Software Analyst
in Baltimore, MD

"The Stanley Black and Decker is the good place to work"

Inside Sales Representative
in Dexter, MI

"Stanley Black and Decker is a company of growth and is increasing its size due to acquisitions. Unfortunately within its infrastructure division, it's acquisition of Paladin Attachments has been a challenge. Paladin Attachments' Inside Sales division is understaffed and utilizes antiquated processes and operational standards. Management is unwilling to innovate or take risks to improve aspects of the job."

Data Science Intern
in Tulsa, OK

"It was an amazing experience working as Data Science Intern. The manager gives you a lot of freedom to try out new things so as to generate business insights."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5