12 SAIC Software Engineer Reviews

Browse SAIC Reviews by Job Title →

Software Engineers at SAIC give their company a 3.8 out of 5.0, while the average rating for SAIC is 3.9, making them 3% less happy than every other employee at SAIC and just as happy as every other Software Engineer on CareerBliss - the happiest Software Engineers work for Savannah River Nuclear Solutions.

(based on 7 Software Engineer Review Ratings)
in Waveland, MS

"Worked for SAIC on a government contract for over 12 years. Day to day environment could be characterized as hostile, but expected due to government management. Employee leave and benefits were exceptional, or at least until changes in healthcare began to increase cost and lower service to the employee."

in Suffolk, VA

"I worked for SAIC for over a year. It was a good position while it lasted. Another company won the contract for our work and then I lost my job."

Average Software Engineer Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3.5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Red Bank, NJ

"It is a great company to work for."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5

Average SAIC Attributes by Software Engineer

in Reston, VA
Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4.5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2.5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5

What do you like about working at SAIC?

"I like their image, goals and direction portrayed on their website and internal information."

"Make certain you understand what they want you to do before accepting the job. A lack of clarity was probably the biggest hurdle for me."

What don't you like about working at SAIC?

"I worked in a small room with an office mate twice my age, and barely had any interaction with others. I had lunch alone everyday, and the 5 minutes I might have taken to talk to other employees, I was questioned why I wasn't working at my desk. I went above and beyond what was asked of me, and was then told my work was inadequate."

"I had three supervisors, all three of which weren't willing to say that they were my boss."

Person You Work For 3.8 / 5 People You Work With 1.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.1 / 5
Support You Get 4.2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5

What do you like about working at SAIC?

"learn many software hardware, course studies self pace, learn as much as you can, demanding support, transfer option later,schooling tuition, commuter benefits"

"good place to learn, training ground on all hardware softwares, salary you can live on, don't expect free time. singles place to be a guru hardhat training camp."

What don't you like about working at SAIC?

"management corruption, upper leads controls the projects, must follow management ladder, over work sometimes, 24x7 occasional"

"management support, lead support, please do not put me on the hot seat. deadlines is a.s.a.p. open source products- you have to know - pay for what you get. projects need documents."

in Vista, CA

"Constant learning experience."

"The days of Beyster are over, this is not your father's SAIC"

What do you like about working at SAIC?

"I doubt you'll find better, more competent people. Management is downright compassionate about people -- from their superstars to those struggling through the day."

What don't you like about working at SAIC?

"While Beyster ran the company, it was still a t-shirt and jeans kind of place. Now that they're competing with IBM, they even dress the part."

"They've let the genie out of the bottle, there's no way to become employee-owned again."