106 Publix Super Markets Reviews

Browse Publix Super Markets Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 75 Publix Super Markets Review Ratings)
"Employed in 2005, I have had the opportunity to work at one of the best companies in the grocery industry. I have found most of the management to be enjoyable and down right fun to work with, and they take care of those in their care. The company provides many opportunities to its employees which others would not offer at the entry-level position. Most employees are proud of the work they do and carry on the mission of the company as well. Overall, a very good place to be and to work for!"
Posted 6 years ago in Tallahassee, FL
Grocery Clerk
in Oviedo, FL

"Publix is a great company to work for but there are plenty of areas that they could improve on. Just working I see constant waste throughout shifts, some of those wastes come from inconsistent management or training."

Deli Clerk
in Miami, FL

"I think Publix is a great employer for young individuals looking to develop some of their professional skills, such as communication and team work, responsibility, or important personal skills. While I don't think anyone could survive on the low income from a Deli Clerk position alone, I do know that this position was an important step in my personal growth, from distracted teenager to responsible adult. I would recommend the position to anyone who finds themselves needing such growth."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5

Publix Super Markets (106)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Total Wine & More (5)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is The Fresh Market (15)
Deli Clerk
in Miami, FL

"While most people may look at a supermarket deli job as "not very glamorous", it was a particularly important stepping stone for me in my maturing process from "distracted teenager" to "focused adult". The work environment that I experience was positive, and while the pay would make it almost impossible for someone to survive on only it as their only job, it is a great experience for younger individuals looking to develop certain professional skills such as responsibility, accountability, and communication and team work."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Lakeland, FL

"The job has great work life balance. The people are great people and they do their jobs and meet deadlines. You will be paid less but your retirement will be paid for with stock: 10% of your salary. The problem is the salary will be lower than usual and those benefits start after a year. If you desire work life balance over money then go here."

Average Publix Super Markets Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Logistics Project Manager
in Lakeland, FL

"I worked for Publix for 5 months and enjoyed my time there. They are currently working to upgrade both their infrastructure and their software platforms. The environment is in the process of modernizing as well so it takes some time to get used to for those experienced in modern environments."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Kennesaw, GA

"I have been working for Publix since 2014, and over the last 6 years, I have been able to move up in the company two times. The managers I have worked under are always there to help the employees when it comes to vertical growth within the company and provide every resource possible to do so. Overall, I would say that working at Publix has taught me a lot about how to deal with people and it has given me the opportunity to be a part of a great company."

in Tampa, FL

"I've worked for star motors."

in Dacula, GA

"I would say Publix Distribution is a great opportunity for anyone who is having a hard time finding a job. I wouldn't be complacent with it unless you don't have any other career aspirations."

in Lakeland, FL

"I worked in the Real Estate Dept. for 8.5 years."

in Valdosta, GA

"I’ve worked for Publix Supermarkets for 19 years. Publix is a major supermarket company located in the southeastern United States. They have more than 1,200 stores and continue to open/ remodel current stores every year. They are a privately held company that is owned by the associates who work there and as a result they own stock as well."

Grocery Clerk
in Fairburn, GA

"Publix is wonderful place to work and has lots of room to move up, anytime you are ready."

in Orlando, FL

"Super conservative company, not LGBT friendly, and provides no real accommodations for maternity leave. You have to use sick and vacation time and then unpaid leave if you want to take maternity leave."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Customer Service Representative
in Snellville, GA

"I worked for publix since 2017. They taught me everything I needed to know for providing premier customer service to any and everyone. They challenged me by giving me duties that allowed me to gain the necessary tools needed for communication and sales. The company I worked for surrounded me with hundreds of other employees from every background."

in Azle, TX

"I have worked for Publix and they are a great company with long standing employees. They have great benefits and are located in a few different states. Publix is very involved in their community as well as many charities."

in Columbia, SC

"I would prefer not to provide a review at this time. Thank you"