Career Menu

6 Pharmacist in Charge Reviews

Pharmacist in Charges give their job an average rating of 3.1 out of 5.0. The Pharmacist in Charges happiest with their jobs are employed by Rite Aid with an average rating of 0.0 while the Pharmacist in Charges least happy with their jobs work for Omnicare with an average rating of 2.1.

Submit a Review
Pharmacist in Charge at Imprimis Group
in North Little Rock, AR

"In my previous job, everything. In this job, only the fact that I got an office. I was basically on the job 24/7 as the GM refused to answer phone calls or emails on days off. I was expected to be there to give answers only to have my decisions overturned most of the time by the next morning."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in North Little Rock, AR

"I liked having an office. That is all."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Appleton, WI

Please give us a one liner to describe this review.

"Senior management admitted I was set up to fail."

What do you like about working at Omnicare?

"Serving our elder residents in nursing homes who can't help themselves."

"Go in with your eyes wide open. Talk to the people that work there, not just the interviewer. Ask them to be honest. Some sites are better than others. Expect to work long hours and sacrifice time with your family."

What don't you like about working at Omnicare?

"Came into a very bad situation. The previous manager had spoiled staff by doing a lot of their work for them, and letting them set whatever cushy schedules they wanted for themselves. The pharmacy was critically understaffed and turnover was extremely high. There were major compliance issues because the previous manager had ignored them despite repeated warnings by corporate. The original building we were in before we moved and structural problems that were ignored, including a leaking roof that would literally leak buckets of water when it rained and in the spring when the snow melted. I had to have the city building inspector force the landlord to fix the leak. The position was three full-time jobs rolled into one - General Manager, Pharmacist-in-Charge, and staff pharmacist. My boss and his bosses, including the Regional Vice President and Divisional President, had openly admitted that I was set up for failure. The solution I was begging for, which was to split the GM and PIC jobs (where it is done in all of the other pharmacies in the state), was finally acknowledged, but I was told, It should be another 3 or 4 months before we can get the budget approved. Just try to hang in there."

"I think my direct supervisor is great, and he has tried to assist me the best he can, but he is overloaded too. I'm glad that senior management has recognized the problems with the organization here, but they are slow to fix issues. If they want to retain customers, they have to be willing to give their managers the personnel to realize their goals. The corporate structure is an inverted pyramid - they keep creating more and more vice president and analysts positions, but are reticent to hire more techs and pharmacists - the people who will actually allow your company to succeed."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Pharmacist in Charge at Rite Aid
Person You Work For 4.9 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3.9 / 5
Company Culture 3.9 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5
Pharmacist in Charge at Rite Aid

What do you like about working at Rite Aid?

"I enjoyed helping people because I have always tried to treat customers like I would like to be treated myself and my customers always told me that I did that for them. Regardless of where you work that to me would be the most important part of liking a job is how you treat other people and how you are treated as well."

What don't you like about working at Rite Aid?

"I didnot like the way that when I increased the volume other people would not."

"If you are doing a good job of increasing volume keep other influences out of it"

You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created