(based on 62 PetSmart Review Ratings)
2.7
Pet Stylist
in San Clemente, CA

"PetSmart is a very reliable workforce with many opportunities to gain hours. If I had any complaints it would be more flexible hours. The coworkers and managers are easy to get along with and make sure you feel a part of the family."

PetSmart Employee

"I was fortunate to become employed by PetSmart in a wonderful role that I had successfully completed in other companies in the past. The culture was fantastic; relaxed yet professional as individuals held themselves with great respect. Nice corporate campus and many amenities and events. However, my specific situation with my direct manager, we initially were very well balanced and worked well together. Once the larger team fell behind schedule, our relationship became poor and he made it clear to me that we would never see eye-to-eye. My immediate organization developed into a clique and you were either loved or hated. I was scape-goated with poor justification and multiple factors out of my control. Once released, I found out that the organization was re-organized and barely kept their heads above water. I have sorrow for anyone who is wrongly punished for other teams short-comings."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

PetSmart (102)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
Stylist
in Garden Grove, CA

"While working for PetSmart, I have changed as a person. I went in young, quiet, and shy. However, through time I gained confidence. I speak my mind. I've researched the inner workings of the company. I took the time to take care of things that were overlooked. The experience I gained there cannot be underestimated."

PetSmart Employee

"I've worked for Petsmart since 2001 and It was a good organization to work for. The culture was tailored around associates by making feel a sense of belonging. The company expectations were clear and it was the associate's responsibility to make sure they lived by those expectations and meet standards. PetSmart was a good company to work for but growth opportunities were not inclusive to all based on qualifications that's why I'm looking for a company that has to cherish their associates' growth and development seriously and by reading Jobot company's reviews, I believe I will fit in good and make an immediate impact."

Average PetSmart Ratings in the Past 4 Years

2013 $1
in Miami, FL

"Strong company in a growing industry. Great opportunity for growth."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
PetSmart Employee

"I've worked for Petsmart for 7 years. The company had gone through a LOT of changes over the last 5 years. Things are getting better, but there are still some parts of the company that are still following the old leadership ways. The culture is starting to make a turnaround but it is not felt in all areas."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
QA Automation Engineer

"Great company and work ethics. All the cutting edge tools and technologies are being leveraged there"

Stocker

"I've worked for PetSmart for 2+ years. They have some really great people working there, which makes every day a little better. While maybe not a career job for everyone, I've found it a great place to work for while searching for that big job."

in Lakewood, WA

"I worked for Petsmart for a little over 3 years. Managers looked out for their employees and treated everyone fairly, confronting problems with ease and good communication. Non-managerial sections of the store are divided between Stockers, Cashiers and Pet Care Associates. All three departments are trained to put customers service at the forefront. While I am unable to speak for other stores as some work differently depending on district and overall area, the one I was employed at made sure animal welfare was also held to standards, giving customers the peace of mind that potential pets were cared for attentively and correctly."

in Brea, CA

"I would improve the quality of Management. Need more work on organizational leadership."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Framingham, MA

"Really an awesome place wot work with good compensation and team memebers."

in Toronto, ON

"Working at PetSmart for almost three years was an extremely rewarding job. I had the opportunity to make the lives of pets better every single day. The satisfaction I got when a new cat was adopted, a family shopped for their puppies first everything, or the care given to a freshly groomed dog felt amazing. There are not many jobs you will find that let you see the impact you are making on people and pets' lives each interaction."

Store Leader
in Jackson, TN

"PetSmart is a great company. They are fantastic in the pet industry."

in Parma, OH

"I notice that they have full timers and part timers in the same store and that full timers do all the walking around and the part timers do all the work for low pay no benefits totally unorganized and a lot of favoritism goes on in the store and your picking up after someone else mess on top what you have to do when things get broken takes along time for them fix it"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Evansville, IN

"PetSmart is the most horrible place I have ever worked for! They mistreat their animals. They mistreat their employees. They mistreat their customers. I would have loved my job if management would let the employees take care of the animals and not threaten to fire them when they do."