(based on 84 Nielsen Review Ratings)

in Oldsmar, FL

"Nielsen is a great company, but I'm really looking for eventual prospering work."

in Oldsmar, FL

"I worked for Nielsen for 2 years. It was the most sexist company I ever worked for. The management were all good ole boy bullies and HR refused to address any issues. It was impossible to get time off for vacation. Most employees are part-time but have the carrot of full-time dangled in front of them and never get better pay or benefits. The benefits package is expensive and raises are nonexistent. Layoffs and outsourcing are common. Managers actively work to block people from promotion."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Nielsen Employee

"I worked for Nielsen for 7-months. I was so excited to be hired by this company, however it was a big mistake of my career. Mgmt is a bully by threading to fire you weekly, very stressful. Bonus is a joke they find ways not to pay you. They allow FRs to backout your homes and you have no control. FIELD RESEARCHERS - DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!"

in Columbia, MD

"I worked at Arbitron/Nielsen Audio for 10+ years. Arbitron had very good benefits and competitive pay. However, it changed tremendously after the Nielsen acquisition. Our department was retained long enough for Nielsen to retrain new employees at less than half our compensation. Nielsen Audio should not be confused with the quality of work Arbitron provided. Nielsen Audio methodology appears to be substandard to Arbitron's."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Oldsmar, FL

"Hey Nielsen, why don't you hire a better HR Department You promoted my daughter, made her quit her full time job and then told her it was a mistake. It's not nice. My daughter is not a mistake, the only mistake here is the immature department of yours, who did not even once try to do the right thing."

Lead Automation Specialist
in Oldsmar, FL

"I worked at The Nielsen Company for almost 3 years. I started out as a technical project engineer and moved into a lead automation specialist engineer and ended up a metering lab manager. I was able to grow within the company and be a contributor to many teams at my time with The Nielsen Company. Great place to work if you like working with on the edge technology along with great people who will help you move forward with you career goals."

Project Lead

"I can't say much about Nielsen because they let me go after they purchased my old company Arbitron Inc. Nut, Arbitron was a great company and I'm sorry to see them go."

Equipment Services Project Manager
in Oldsmar, FL

"I have worked for Nielsen Media since 2010. I found it a great place to work and recommend to anyone with a passion for statistics, media, and technology. They are groundbreakers in all of the above, and you really do get a better understanding of how the advertising industry works! Would recommend in a heartbeat!"

Membership Representative
in Oldsmar, FL

"Great job for single people."

Marketing Data Analyst

"Nielsen is a great company to work for. People are nice and genuinely interested in professional success of others. They have a lot of resources which help in career building all along. There are a lot of opportunities and cross-functional teams to explore and move on."

in Oldsmar, FL

"I have worked for The Nielsen Company for about 8 years and have seen a small decline in employee morale since the company became public a couple of years ago. It has become difficult to move up unless you are willing to relocate and the compensation is favorable to the employer. The frown on overtime and the bottom line are the performance numbers. Great entry level position but the position is designed to get you out and get someone else in your position for less pay."

Principal Engineer
in Columbia, MD

"I find Nelsen Audio to be great place to work."

in Columbia, MD

"Arbitron (now Nielsen Audio) is a good company with amazing benefits. You could meet some great people and establish some good business relationships."

in Schaumburg, IL

"Internal politics make salary raises very slow and promotions even slower, even when they were already offered to you."

Team Leader

"My company was recently acquired by Nielsen. In a short period of time, our salaries have been cut, we have been relocated to NYC (from New Providence, NJ), our benefits cost $5000 more per year and we no longer receive a yearly bonus."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5