(based on 3 Network Data Systems Review Ratings)
2.3
Network Data Systems Employee
in Schaumburg, IL

"The company supports its employees and contractors as much as possible while protecting its customer relationships."

Network Data Systems Employee
in Schaumburg, IL

"I worked there since 2011 and enjoyed the company in general. The communication between direct supervisor and employee could use some improvement. The compensation was great, however the health benefits were quite poor as well were other benefits such as 401k."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Principal Consultant
in Schaumburg, IL

"NDS lacks the hipness of "social media" or "mobile e-commerce" or "web 2.0" despite the recruiting pitch. During the recruiting to the onboarding process I was never told about the business risk NDS faces as they are over reliant on one key company for two thirds of their annual revenue. I found this out in casual conversation shortly after joining last year. Corporate-level management suffers from "business myopia", a misplaced sense of entitlement, and behaves as an insular group. I was hired to build new business opportunities involving non-Cisco product and develop a practice but found it near impossible as the aforementioned myopia significantly handicaps anything outside of staff augmentation or Cisco Unified Communications work. Cisco has done a terrific job of institutionalizing NDS to their product portfolio. Mid-level management support ranges from a "too busy for you" attitude in the Schaumburg corporate office to a "greedy, self-promoting, and tactless" attitude in the Cincinnati remote office. Trying to maintain a technical skillset is challenging as resources are assigned using availability as the primary factor. Being dropped into a situation where your technical experience does not align occurs with some frequency."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5