67 Mount Sinai Medical Center Reviews

Browse Mount Sinai Medical Center Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 38 Mount Sinai Medical Center Review Ratings)
Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"I worked for Mount Sinai for 15 years, a leader in Medicine and Education, and was proud to be a part of such a prestigious company."

in Forest Hills, NY

"Management can be physically and mentally abusive to other staff members. As a Medical Assistant, my direct manager has called me out of my name; and told me I was stupid (repeatedly). Walking past me, but from the opposite direction, forcefully and on purpose, brushing past me knocking me off balance and laughing. This manager has also stated to me that I was discussed about with spouse and they both decided I was an idiot. On many occasions I have heard same manager state of other co-workers, "l will take care of her"; "I will get her ass". Upper office manager told me I was to work on Sundays; I stated that it is my Sabbath. Upper manager said I must provide documentation/evidence of my last five years attendance practicing Catholicism: First Holy Communion, Confirmation and amount of up to date, tithes paid to my Church/Parrish. I asked him if he requested such of the five Jewish doctors in this office. He threatened to write me up. I told him to 'knock him self out' and offered him my pen. He never spoke to me about working on Sundays ever again. This same upper manager is famous for not paying one particular Medical Assistant her time and a half hours. I have witnessed her distress on several occasions. It has been a few years since I resigned...I have heard it is still the same abuse, just new people."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Mount Sinai Medical Center (67)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Harlem Hospital Center (14)
2.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is LHC Group (9)
Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"I enjoy my job - LOVE getting up and going to work. I feel like I can and do make a difference for the best. The culture here is evolving. The facility, its administration and educators are among the very best to be found. If I were sick, this IS my primary choice to be treated. People here can be very "family" oriented. That is good and bad - Good as you get the best, bad as like any family relationship there can be strains and learning from one another. My only negative is my "salary" as I feel that some type of annual incremental increase would and should always be considered. Simply put - there is no finer place to work. Here over a year and super, super happy."

in Miami Beach, FL

"Great place to work as a marketing professional. I think marketing healthcare is one of the hardest tasks because no one wants to be in a hospital receiving care. The administrative team is good although they need to be a bit more forward looking when it comes to healthcare and technology. Overall I have a great experience working there."

Average Mount Sinai Medical Center Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"Great place to work. Union based."

Registered Nurse
in Nyack, NY

"I've worked with Mt SinaI Medical Center since 2009. Compassion, patient centered and excellence are the values I am proud of in this institution. They encourage continuing growth for staff and recognition. Definitely a good place to work."

Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"Mount SinaI Hospital is a great place to work. You can not beat the benefits package."

Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"I have worked at Mount SinaI for 5 years. They are a great company with managers who truly care about the mission of the company."

Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"I have been working with SinaI since I graduated from college. A great company that is steadily growing. They respect their students, patients and employees."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Visiting Research Associate

What do you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"Great opportunities for scientific research and development, very good benefits."

"It depends on department, although, Human research department could be very helpful with advice"

What don't you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"Slow response for any paper work, sometimes miscommunication between departments."

"Pay more attention for support of employees initiatives, help to obtain governmental funding."

Senior Systems Engineer

"Hardware and software engineering in a field of neurophysiology"

What do you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"Famous medical center with great opportunities for research and development."

"Hard to say, depends on department, although, Human Recourses may help with good advices."

What don't you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"Pay more attention for fundamental research and more help with obtaining of governmental financing"

Administrative Assistant

"It is not greatest experiences in my 11 years in medical field"

What do you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"New experiences differ from my previous. Learning more clinical tasks as to better in administrative skills"

"You'll need all your experiences and skills before applying, and prepare to find another job if you don't think you'll last 6 months"

What don't you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"Challenges and success are envision perceived differently among managements and mine."

"They need to sharpen their skills in communicating with staffs and have better understanding in dealing with conflicts and take some coding classes"

Medical Editor

"Very poor."

What do you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"The people in my work group were very nice and inclusive."

"Get HR to provide you with a clear job description and clear lines of reporting during the interview process."

What don't you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"The supervisor was unreasonable, refused to provide adequate supporting information, and was verbally abusive."

"Management needs to prevent this supervisor from taking advantage of future employees. This person should not be to sole person responsible for determining someone's future employment."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Intern
in Miami Beach, FL

What do you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"Im constantly working on operating reports. It is really pleasant."

"This is a great company to work for, just do your job and follow the rules and you'll be fine"

What don't you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"Nothing, the company is great, I like everything about it"

"No suggestions, the management team is very professional and great"

Receptionist

"I loved working at Mt.Sinai. I enjoyed helping the patients the most."

What do you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"I came across very different cultures while working there. My boss showed me the ropes for billing coding and claim denials. The Physicians were good and easy to get along."

"Just be yourself and have a positive attitude. And you will enjoy the work environment."

What don't you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"The only thing I didnt like about this company was building being old and in much need of repair. I worked in the professional outpatient building."

"I think that first and foremost they need to build a new building for all the outpatient clinics."