71 Mount Sinai Medical Center Reviews

Browse Mount Sinai Medical Center Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Mount Sinai Medical Center give their company a 4.2 rating out of 5.0 - which is 7% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Mount Sinai Medical Center employees are Administrative Assistants submitting an average rating of 3.9.

(based on 42 Mount Sinai Medical Center Review Ratings)
Database Manager

"I have worked in Icahn School of medicine under Dr. Ashustosh.Tewari for 2 years now. It has been great opportunity working here with everyone but i would want to see myself in a more organized and fast paced environment. I want to keep growing and exploring myself in all fields possible. However, I always believe in team work which has been a key to my success."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"You'll meet a lot of passionate people working at Mount Sinai. Colleagues that will go above and beyond to achieve the same goals. It is political and you'll have to work around that but the overall work is fulfilling."

Mount Sinai Medical Center (71)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is Harlem Hospital Center (14)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Nightingale Home Healthcare (12)
Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"Mount Sinai is a very inclusive work environment with very friendly and passionate workers."

Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"It is easy to find job and apply"

Average Mount Sinai Medical Center Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"I worked for Mount Sinai for 15 years, a leader in Medicine and Education, and was proud to be a part of such a prestigious company."

in Forest Hills, NY

"Management can be physically and mentally abusive to other staff members. As a Medical Assistant, my direct manager has called me out of my name; and told me I was stupid (repeatedly). Walking past me, but from the opposite direction, forcefully and on purpose, brushing past me knocking me off balance and laughing. This manager has also stated to me that I was discussed about with spouse and they both decided I was an idiot. On many occasions I have heard same manager state of other co-workers, "l will take care of her"; "I will get her ass". Upper office manager told me I was to work on Sundays; I stated that it is my Sabbath. Upper manager said I must provide documentation/evidence of my last five years attendance practicing Catholicism: First Holy Communion, Confirmation and amount of up to date, tithes paid to my Church/Parrish. I asked him if he requested such of the five Jewish doctors in this office. He threatened to write me up. I told him to 'knock him self out' and offered him my pen. He never spoke to me about working on Sundays ever again. This same upper manager is famous for not paying one particular Medical Assistant her time and a half hours. I have witnessed her distress on several occasions. It has been a few years since I resigned...I have heard it is still the same abuse, just new people."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"I enjoy my job - LOVE getting up and going to work. I feel like I can and do make a difference for the best. The culture here is evolving. The facility, its administration and educators are among the very best to be found. If I were sick, this IS my primary choice to be treated. People here can be very "family" oriented. That is good and bad - Good as you get the best, bad as like any family relationship there can be strains and learning from one another. My only negative is my "salary" as I feel that some type of annual incremental increase would and should always be considered. Simply put - there is no finer place to work. Here over a year and super, super happy."

in Miami Beach, FL

"Great place to work as a marketing professional. I think marketing healthcare is one of the hardest tasks because no one wants to be in a hospital receiving care. The administrative team is good although they need to be a bit more forward looking when it comes to healthcare and technology. Overall I have a great experience working there."

Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"Great place to work. Union based."

Registered Nurse
in Nyack, NY

"I've worked with Mt SinaI Medical Center since 2009. Compassion, patient centered and excellence are the values I am proud of in this institution. They encourage continuing growth for staff and recognition. Definitely a good place to work."

Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"Mount SinaI Hospital is a great place to work. You can not beat the benefits package."

Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"I have worked at Mount SinaI for 5 years. They are a great company with managers who truly care about the mission of the company."

Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee

"I have been working with SinaI since I graduated from college. A great company that is steadily growing. They respect their students, patients and employees."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Visiting Research Associate

What do you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"Great opportunities for scientific research and development, very good benefits."

"It depends on department, although, Human research department could be very helpful with advice"

What don't you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"Slow response for any paper work, sometimes miscommunication between departments."

"Pay more attention for support of employees initiatives, help to obtain governmental funding."

Senior Systems Engineer

"Hardware and software engineering in a field of neurophysiology"

What do you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"Famous medical center with great opportunities for research and development."

"Hard to say, depends on department, although, Human Recourses may help with good advices."

What don't you like about working at Mount Sinai Medical Center?

"Pay more attention for fundamental research and more help with obtaining of governmental financing"