(based on 9 Markit Group Review Ratings)
2.6
2.7
2.7
Markit Group Employee
in Boulder, CO

"I think that market is a good place to work but there is a very repetitious feeling to the work."

Markit Group Employee
in Boulder, CO

"There are far too many proprietary and old code bases at work in this company. The dependency on WIT and the separating of the web engineering and the web development makes problems slow to be resolved or make it seem like you're always passing the buck."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Associate Web Developer
in Boulder, CO

"I started working for Markit through their DevU program in April of 2012, and when I had completed that, they hired me full time. At first, things were good and I was very excited. I soon learned that my manager was not the type to really give feedback unless it was negative or asked for. About a week before he fired me, after a meeting he told me he was going to start getting me more ownership of projects and increase the size of them over the next year. Then he fires me. Professional No."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Equipment Services Project Manager

What do you like about working at Markit Group?

"Reveloping reports for clients and teaching coworkers software development methodologies"

"Throw out any ideas for project management and be prepared to learn MoD's way in order to get projects done."

What don't you like about working at Markit Group?

"Afraid of the unknown and unwilling to try new things to improve the quality of work and products."

"Dispel the belief of no software methodologies and focus the teams on an agile method."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

Average Markit Group Ratings in the Past 2 Years

Director of Product Management

What do you like about working at Markit Group?

"Fascinating work, great peers, and opportunities with creating great products."

"There is opportunities to work on some great technologies, but be prepared for some beauracracy."

What don't you like about working at Markit Group?

"Resource management and high turnover rate makes it difficult to deliver consistent quality."

"Focus on a standardized methodology; don't hire based on who's been there for more than a couple years."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Assistant Vice President

What do you like about working at Markit Group?

"I enjoy the atmosphere at Markit Group. The laid-back culture makes work more enjoyable."

"If you're looking for a place where the atmosphere is laid back but the work load is a bit heavy this is the place for you."

What don't you like about working at Markit Group?

"At Markit there is an over importance put on hours worked. The idea of having to log 60 hours a week when you could complete your work load and then some in 40 to 50 hours makes work feel like a waste of time most weeks."

"With a company as large and as globally dispersed as Markit I think it is difficult to truly be plugged in to what is going on with in all of the different regions and groups. While I do see aspects of it I would like to see area managing directors have more freedom in running their teams/groups. I think this would allow the managers and directors who see their teams daily better gage and make decisions that benefit their employees at the local level."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Web Developer
in Boulder, CO

"Web Developer with experience with asp.net mvc, jquery and data driven sites"

What do you like about working at Markit Group?

"Collaborative work environment with really great co-workers and working on high profile financial web sites."

"Be sure to ask a lot of specific questions at the interview about what technology they use and why."

What don't you like about working at Markit Group?

"They favor proprietary software over industry accepted standards and practices."

"Provide profession tools if to your developers if you want to keep experienced developers happy."

SQL Developer

What do you like about working at Markit Group?

"The culture of the company. Helping nature of the people and exposure to cross team environment."

"Not that I can think of. However, if you can cut a good bargain on the compensation, this is good place to work at."

What don't you like about working at Markit Group?

"The compensation packages they offer are below the standards for the city that I live in."

"Give better or at least upto the standard level compensation."

Assistant Vice President

What do you like about working at Markit Group?

"I really enjoy the hands on aspect of working with a new client, and getting to help them better understand our software and how it will be able to help them moving forward. Being able to answer client questions and put them at ease is a joy. The atmosphere at Markit is another great aspect of the company. The Dallas office is one of the larger offices but still manages to have a 'small office' feel."

"Markit is a great a place to work with a casual atmosphere but don't be fooled into thinking the work is easy. There will be long days and some nights spent on projects, but overall I think the pros out weigh the cons."

What don't you like about working at Markit Group?

"While there are many aspects that I enjoy at Markit, the thing that I dislike the most is the time spent in front of the computer. Most work days are at least 10 hours with the majority of that time spent sitting at a desk."

"I think it would prove helpful to take the issues that are found by client facing teams and addressing those as soon as possible. It seems that as it is, bugs and issues that are identified are not addressed until a certain number of clients issue complaints, which to me seems very reactive. I think a pro-active approach, while at times may be more difficult, would prove to be extremely valuable long term."

Associate Developer
in White Plains, NY

"Just a good company"

What do you like about working at Markit Group?

"The professional work atmosphere"

VP of Technology
in New York, NY

"not an investment bank, but better than average IT shop"

What do you like about working at Markit Group?

"a lot of young folks, much better than usual for IT shops female/male ratio, relatively high bonuses for IT professionals, very good upper management, still dynamic company despite its size"

"the interviews can be harder than in IT shops, they may resemble slightly the investment bank interviews, but not as hard"

What don't you like about working at Markit Group?

"investment banks pay higher bonuses for the same kind of job, my personal career direction wasn't aligned well with what was actually going on, so-so middle management, no relocation support from HR, company's maturing which brings its own minuses"

"keep an eye on middle management, i.e. directors level. top guns and VPs are normally very good."

Java Developer
in White Plains, NY

"Excellent"

"popular"

"Avloid"

What don't you like about working at Markit Group?

"Management has NO communication with developers.It is ethnically biased - New hires are 98.3% indians and Russians."

"Respect your engineers."