(based on 43 Level (3) Review Ratings)
in Tulsa, OK

"I've been in the telecom industry for 20 years. Level 3 was without a doubt the worst company I ever had to deal with. The processes are ridiculous. The multiple software systems are not integrated. The management is horrible!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Level (3) Employee

"I had worked for Level3 for more than 5 years. The people are good and leadership is strong. The company's direction is not clearly articulated to the employees."

Level (3) (73)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Adtech (8)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Blue Fountain Media (8)
in Tampa, FL

"They have become the new WorldCom with assimilating new companies. Work-life balance is very bad. Often working employees 24 hours straight then expecting the same the next day. Burn out is common. Maintenance of the critical infrastructure is pushed aside as new service comes first and there are not enough people to do both. I have seen discrimination against women by the local lower level management. Older workers are not wanted. Moldy office area. My recommendations: Hire more people please, weed out the many bad managers, focus on managing the current network and stop adding new ones. Take care of your critical infrastructure."

in Cleveland, OH

"Great place to work. People are easy to work with. Very hard to climb the ladder. if you come in at one position there is nothing in place to allow you to keep moving up in that position."

in Broomfield, CO

"Great company to work for."

in Broomfield, CO

"Worked here for over a year - great pay, and great benefits. Upper management is great. Middle management needs to learn to control the drivers of the company - i.e., sales. Severe lack of oversight in that department - not enough focus on bottom line."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
NOC Manager

"A mixture of merged companies still trying to integrate and find its way."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Broomfield, CO

"I worked with Level3 for a few years after they bought out Broadwing. Level3 is a huge company and a tier1 ISP. I really liked working for those folks. Maybe I will work with them again."

Level (3) Employee

"I've worked with Level 3 Communications/Global Crossing since 2011. The company is a strong company, but is very large. With being such a large ISP regular training for most employees is hard to come by, but the support is always there if you reach out. One thing that is hard about working for the company is getting fair promotions for the position you are working in since you only can earn a fixed % amount per promotion and if you didn't come in under a good salary then there's no catching up."

in Broomfield, CO

"I have worked at Level 3 Communications for 2 years and found the goal of the company to be very focused on acquiring other companies. The culture of company is one of hard work, but with times of fun. There seems to be very little cross functional teams, most work is done in silos."

Senior Software Engineer
in Broomfield, CO

"Last year our team laid off 4 (3 developers and 1 QA) over the total of 9, and replaced my manager with a no technical manager who knows nothing but micro-managing the team. The QA and developers they moved in to my team are much worse than the people that got laid off, they did almost nothing in the past 4 months. e.g. the QA was a project manager and knows nothing about QA, our previous QA has 13 years of experiences with the team and very good performance and personality."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Broomfield, CO

"Originally Level 3 was a great place to work, empowering their employees. In the last 5 years or so it's become evident that the company management is more interested in numbers than people. I was riffed due to my longevity and salary."

Sales Engineer
in Philadelphia, PA

"Poorly managed company within the sales organization. Very archaic processes."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Technical Manager

"I have worked for this company since 2011. It is a good place to work and is in the forefront of technology. I have the autonomy to do what I feel will help me achieve success in any assignment. The compensation and bonus structure is fair in its alignment to skills and experience."