(based on 40 KeyBank Review Ratings)
IT Intern
in Cleveland, OH

"Average company to work for."

"Work environment friendly."

What don't you like about working at KeyBank?

"Due to the industry the company was always restructuring and terminating people for no reason to save money, while CEOs were still recieving big bonuses while the overall company was bleeding money."

"Don't take pay increases and lavish bonuses when your work is not helping the company to grow."

Investment Operations Receipts and Distributions Specialist

"Great Place to work"

"Technology and teamwork."

"For a management of supervision position as that they bring to the plate a positive leader who supports there team. HAPPY Employees makes for A successfull company"

What don't you like about working at KeyBank?

"The micro managing is unprofessional. There are excellent loyal hard working people that are treated like robots.. NOT necessary."

"Management to allow the people to enjoy their job and people to work as a team are the best practices NOT micromanaged and people working against each other cause of fear of losing there job.... Makes for a stressful environment.... Need to go back to there practices in 2003-2005 methods.. Very successful work-flow and enjoyable environment to be in."

Area Sales Manager
in Cleveland, OH

"Great palce to learn financial services and lead a sales team"

"Solid company"

"understand the expectations"

What don't you like about working at KeyBank?

"Retail Bank mgmt-limited upward mobility"

"choose people who enjoy the box you have them work in"

Team Leader

"OK place to work, turned out to be a little big for my taste."

Loan Servicing Officer
in Salt Lake City, UT

What do you like about working at KeyBank?

"Co-workers, and I liked my job to work with the builders."

"Give it a shot you never know if a new career could be awaiting you."

What don't you like about working at KeyBank?

"Having to travel to Denver for meetings."

"Listen to the small guy more often. They usually know first hand what should be worked on or if a problem comes up."

Financial Advisor
in Elyria, OH

"It was awesome"

"Management was great"

"Can't interview with company anymore."

"Nothing"

"To bad your gone"

Manager

"good luck"

What do you like about working at KeyBank?

"Working and building relationships with my employees and clients"

"find another bank to interview with- this is by far the worst financial institution you could ever work at."

What don't you like about working at KeyBank?

"Taking advantage our own customers and making the staff the Fall Guy. For example, introducing a Money Market teaser rate & then dropping the rate, while simultaneously introducing a new teaser rate, but for new customers only- so the people who had that rate want the new rate & we had say only if you bring in money from another financial institution -I felt like a thief, when all I wanted to do was help people with their financial goals!! Terrible bank!!!"

"make the customer a priority and not their money"

Bank Teller

"Best job before collage"

"work like team work"

"best company to work with"

What don't you like about working at KeyBank?

"too many hours require to work"

"work with others like team work"

Relationship Associate

What do you like about working at KeyBank?

"excellant experience and great clients"

"nothing"

Windows Systems Administrator
in Cleveland, OH

"Keybank is not what it used to be"

What do you like about working at KeyBank?

"not much anymore. The only good thing, is that I still get 5 weeks PTO"

What don't you like about working at KeyBank?

"senior mgmt, took away pension, lowered PTO time, poor training"

"More training, and more opportunities. Have more commonalities between managment at least in the same area. Currently one mgr will say..it's ok to social distance if you are sick..and another states...come in unless you are on your death bed. Esp with sickness, that is uncalled for."

Senior Sales Officer
in Bellevue, WA

"Approach with caution"

What do you like about working at KeyBank?

"Like many large companies, it makes available a great benefits package."

"As with many large financial institutions, the best opportunities for career advancement tend to be in lending. If career advancement is one of your objectives, assess those opportunities carefully before signing on. KeyBank can be an extremely high stress working environment. Staffing is uneven. There were large-scale layoffs during the tech bust. As with any position, be sure you will be working for a good boss. It makes all the difference in your quality of life!"

What don't you like about working at KeyBank?

"In the particular division where I worked, there were limited opportunities for advancement. This would not be the case in all positions but checkout the realistic opportunities for advancement before signing on. I had a boss who was just plain crazy (erratic behavior, derogatory comments, anger management issues). HR told me that if what he was doing was was not illegal, they would not take any steps to intervene. They finally fired him but it was a long, miserable experience for those of us who had to try to work for him."

"More emphasis on building a collegial work environment would be helpful. Satisfied employees tend to do that best work with the most dedication."

Senior Processor
in Parsippany, NJ

"I loved the Team spirit....company was very hands on and co-workers were very close."

What do you like about working at KeyBank?

"I loved my job. Assisted in starting a new deptmartment. My opinions mattered and they listen. It was a great place to work!"

"They company is no longer in exsistence."

What don't you like about working at KeyBank?

"Did not like some of the loan programs/interest rate that was offered regarding C paper loans."

"Mainly my suggestions were how to maintain good relationshios with our loan officers and correspondence."

Lead Programmer
in Albany, NY

"Key did not know how good they had it with their employees, instead they decided to outsource to Indian companies to save money and put themselves at great risk."

What do you like about working at KeyBank?

"Once again the fellow emplyees made it fun and working in the team environment helped with the learning experiences."

What don't you like about working at KeyBank?

"Trying to train people that know nothing about the system in just two weeks was not enough time. It was not a very good business decision."

"They should have taken a longer period of time to convert over to the off-shore contractors instead of leaving them in the lurch."

J2EE Developer
in Cleveland, OH

"Very good to place to work"

"Methodology they implement---------------"

Mortgage Production Manager

"Good"

What do you like about working at KeyBank?

"I was always in upward moving positions, was asked to consider moving to head quarters on three different occasions to take or more responsibilities but gracefully denied as at the time I did not want to relocate my family."

"Great place to work."

What don't you like about working at KeyBank?

"I had a wonderfull experience, I was designated a high performer for 95% of my career at KeyBank."