The Overnight Member Services Representative will be responsible for creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests. The Overnight Member Services Representative will be responsible for creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests. You will also be responsible for closing that day’s shift for that business day as well as creating an accurate bank deposit. You will also be primarily responsible for the overall cleanliness of all areas of the facility to ensure a positive member experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet members, prospective members and guests, providing exceptional customer service.
- Handle all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate needed updates to member’s accounts.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club.
- Close shift for that business day.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize restrooms, locker room areas, fitness equipment and gym floor.
- Stock locker rooms with proper supplies/paper products.
- Report any broken or missing amenities or equipment (toilets, faucets, showers, hair dryers, gym equipment, etc.) to the Club Manager.
- Follow "Lost and Found Policy" and turn in lost member property to the Club Manager/Assistant Club Manager immediately.
- Must have a satisfactory background check
- Customer service background preferred.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- A passion for fitness and health.
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Honest and exceptional work ethic.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual reaching with hands/fingers/arms during shift.
- Occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, and crouching during shift.
- Frequent talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Ability to work 3rd shift (overnights).
- Must be able to frequently lift over 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC offers a comprehensive benefits program to all eligible employees. Newly hired full-time employees are eligible for insurance first of the month following their date of hire. We offer Medical & Prescription drug plans, HSA (Health Savings Account) Dental, Vison, Life/AD&D, Voluntary Short Term Disability (STD), Voluntary Long Term Disability (LTD), and other additional voluntary benefits! All part-time and full-time employees are eligible to participate in our 401k plan after 3 months of service.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in all employment practices and decisions, ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical, or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. This applies to both Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC employees and applicants for employment with the Company. In keeping with this policy, Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as all employment actions, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotions, compensation, training, benefits, and termination of employment.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.